What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Viska and Heisman. What would it take to let them meet?

CPVbuff

With all the preseason watch lists for the buffs. I was trying to figure the ridiculous stat line Viska would have to put up to win. Go

He still wouldnt win it!

He's gotta stay healthy, put the kind of yards up that TSchek said, and Clemson and Alabama probably need to lose twice/miss the CFP. If he stays healthy and lights it up like he did before he got hurt LY, he's easily going to be a top 5-10 pick, and he's going to win the Blietnikoff going away.......and he'll probably get a Heisman invite. I'd argue him going early in the draft helps our recruiting more than that does-especially if the Broncos are the ones to take him (The Denver media still talks about PL as if he was some sort of "find"-its like watching his ****ing college tape)

Win the whole damn thing!

With the last place finish expected by national media, you would think if Buffs win the PAC12 and show well in CFP, then that could put him in top 3....maybe.

I don’t see any way he wins it, sorry. Not because he won’t be deserving but because they’ll give it to some flashy name that plays on a playoff team.

A WR hasn’t won the Heisman since Desmond Howard - it’s a long shot, but I would at least like to see CU get a little campaign going to help generate a little buzz for our guy and this program.

The two will meet in NYC, but Viska won’t be taking home the trophy.

Needs about 10 jaw dropping plays. A few nfl street trucks, maybe a couple of hurdles, and a willie mays over the head game winning catch, a Paul Richardson lay out, and and ODBjr one handed catch. Needs the greatest highlight tape of all time. And that still may not win over the east coast voters.

Add 5+ rushing TDs, a special TV wow moment and maybe a PR or two.

And Trevor, Tua and Taylor having so-so seasons.

Yup, he'd need to start returning kicks and punts for TDs on top of putting up the same receiving/rushing stats he was doing early last year to have a chance of winning.

Viska needs a season like last year’s games 1-5, again - including Buffs wins - for all games this year. No injuries. The need for the other Buffs skill position players to shine like the sun, and Viska shines head and shoulders clear over of them, still. Other heisman hopefuls need a bust year...and the voters need to be replaced

100+ receptions, 1,800-2,000 yards receiving and 20 TDs and CU winning 9+ games.
Yeah the biggest “requirement” here is CU winning 9+ games. He has 0 shot if they don’t, just not how the heisman works anymore. It should be considered the award for the most exciting player on a playoff contending team. That’s what it is now.

A WR hasn’t won the Heisman since Desmond Howard - it’s a long shot, but I would at least like to see CU get a little campaign going to help generate a little buzz for our guy and this program.
Howard caught 61 passes for 960 yards and 19 scores, rushed 12 times for 165 yards and two TDs, averaged 15.3 yards (with a TD) on punt returns and 31 yards on kick returns (with a TD).

Howard caught 61 passes for 960 yards and 19 scores, rushed 12 times for 165 yards and two TDs, averaged 15.3 yards (with a TD) on punt returns and 31 yards on kick returns (with a TD).
He also played on a team that went undefeated in conference, won the BIG title and played in the Rose Bowl.

So we need to play in the rose bowl is what I’m getting.

Back