What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Walk-On Kickers background

Yeah, I notice that, even though I know him, I didn't knew he was on football team and my family always watch cu games, we found out from one of his friends we met where his friend was working. My mom when we heard about him kicking she got excited, but was sad he didn't kick

Welcome to the board, summer. Word is that Aweida will be seen more during spring workouts and at the spring game. He will get his shot to kick for CU this coming fall.

LOL, sorry but I am a girl

So is BCS, but we still call her a guy. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Do you want to share what was in your original post, so I look like less of an ass?:smile:

Welcome, BTW.

Sure, I said, what does the video involve with this? Thanks for welcoming

Thanks. Welcome again.

Thanks, somehow whenever I want to edit my post, you are on top of post.

The Walrus is married and has a baby girl, Summer. You better not be home-wrecking 'round here. :cool::smile2:

Why did Ryan stop playing Soccer? You said he was pretty good.

From his bio, he started every game at DU his freshman and soph year. I think there was a coaching change after he was recruited, and maybe his heart wasn't in it with the new guy.

He played for the Pioneers in 2007, and the fall semester in 2008, then left DU at the break, enrolled in CU January 2009.

I've known several soccer players who simply found that the effort that goes into playing soccer at d1 collegiate level just doesn't make it fun anymore. Can't speak for Ryan, but I think all of my kids' classmates who went on to college teams quit in their first year. Only talking a handful of kids we know, but they brought back pretty dismal reports of how much time and commitment was involved, when they were also trying to be college students.

From his bio, he started every game at DU his freshman and soph year. I think there was a coaching change after he was recruited, and maybe his heart wasn't in it with the new guy.

He played for the Pioneers in 2007, and the fall semester in 2008, then left DU at the break, enrolled in CU January 2009.

I've known several soccer players who simply found that the effort that goes into playing soccer at d1 collegiate level just doesn't make it fun anymore. Can't speak for Ryan, but I think all of my kids' classmates who went on to college teams quit in their first year. Only talking a handful of kids we know, but they brought back pretty dismal reports of how much time and commitment was involved, when they were also trying to be college students.
Sounds like that coach made one big mistake. Reading Ryan's bio, he seems like a tremendous soccer player.

Maybe it will prove to be CU's gain.

My reliable source says Ryan has been "kicking the crap" out of the ball lately.
In kicker lingo, that's a good thing. :smile2:

Maybe it will prove to be CU's gain.

My reliable source says Ryan has been "kicking the crap" out of the ball lately.
In kicker lingo, that's a good thing. :smile2:

This must be why we haven't offered a placekicker this cycle (except for Kip late). Frankly, it's the only way it makes sense to me because Grossnickle hasn't been practicing as a kicker and there's no way you could go into a season so confident in Goodman that you had no competition for him.

They are still looking at kickers and/or combo guys. Didn't offer Grossnickle until January last cycle, perhaps they are just waiting again.
Justin Castor of Arvada West could still be an option (attended CU's camp) and there are several out of state kickers who expressed an interest.

Castor committed to KU, but ...

Back