What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington

rynobuff

Club Member
Club Member
So how do we match up with these guys? Not gonna lie haven't paid much attention to them other than the USC game and the Apple Cup.

So how do we match up with these guys? Not gonna lie haven't paid much attention to them other than the USC game and the Apple Cup.

I don't know. But I do know that if we play offense like today it won't be pretty, their QB is no joke.

A lot of buddies are Dawg fans. If they are as overconfident as their fans we can win it.

QB - both are good, but Sefo has the edge because he's a senior and can run.

RB - Washington doesn't have great RB's. Slight edge to Lindsay.

WR - Probabky a push. A WSU corner said Washington really isn't very fast.

OL - Huge edge to the Buffs. Weakest position group for UW.

DL - Slight edge to Colorado

LB - Slight edge to Colorado

DB - Huge advantage for Colorado. My buff buddy is friends with Gary Barnett. Barnett says this is the best group in CU history.

I still think Washington wins rather easily, say 34-17 because Petersen can coach circles around Mac. Coaching really matters and the better prepared team will win.

DB - Huge advantage for Colorado. My buff buddy is friends with Gary Barnett. Barnett says this is the best group in CU history.

I still think Washington wins rather easily, say 34-17 because Petersen can coach circles around Mac. Coaching really matters and the better prepared team will win.
Not sure this makes sense. But will deal with it tomorrow.

You give most of the edges to the buffs and end it with them losing by 17? Strange

Coaching. Petersen has a much better track record than Mac. The jury is still out on Mac. Petersen is a proven commodity.

Petersen is a good coach and in hindsight, CU would have done well to hire him instead of Dan Hawkins. However, beating patsies in a mediocre conference is different than competing in a P5 conference. Petersen's mediocre record past few years at UW proves this fact. On the other hand, MacIntyre has a history of rebuilding programs from scratch - Duke, SJSU and CU. If I were you, I wouldn't talk trash about who's going to run around who. If I were to guess, I bet it will be your WRs chasing our DBs when your QB throws an INT!

Petersen is a good coach and in hindsight, CU would have done well to hire him instead of Dan Hawkins. However, beating patsies in a mediocre conference is different than competing in a P5 conference. Petersen's mediocre record past few years at UW proves this fact. On the other hand, MacIntyre has a history of rebuilding programs from scratch - Duke, SJSU and CU. If I were you, I wouldn't talk trash about who's going to run around who. If I were to guess, I bet it will be your WRs chasing our DBs when your QB throws an INT!

It was only an observation. An unbiased fan though would undoubtedly choose Petersen. Please save the homer talk for your wife. I expect more here.

It was only an observation. An unbiased fan though would undoubtedly choose Petersen. Please save the homer talk for your wife. I expect more here.
I discounted his record as Boise St. But you can't argue what he's done with Washington. Helluva coach. That said, he wouldn't have done any better than Mac has done at CU.

Really the only thing that I see that has me concerned about them is the total asspounding they gave WAZZU...at WAZZU. Otherwise, they beat bad teams, went to overtime at Arizona, and lost at home to USC.

I have to say I think this almost all wrong.

At QB edge goes to Browning. More accurate and more fleet of foot than Sefo, but they dont run him.

At RB, huge edge to Gaskin. Legit big time NFL prospect. Id give Gaskin the edge in every ability besides toughness.

WR Ross is one of the fastest players we will see. As a group, prob a push.

Line is a push.

Defense prob a slight edge to us actually.

The chess match comes down to how our D adjusts to their O and vice verse.

We go back to not being expected to win. Pressure should be off the Buffs and they can play hard and loose. I think we see a much better Buffs offense than we saw last night (which was really not very good).

If I were you, I wouldn't talk trash about who's going to run around who. If I were to guess, I bet it will be your WRs chasing our DBs when your QB throws an INT!

:ROFLMAO: That is a distinct possibility. At least the dawg WRs will be running, so there is always that.

Please save the homer talk for your wife. I expect more here.

Based upon your long history of 7 posts? Clearly you don't know us at all.

Here Come the Assholes.

Last edited:
Well Washington fans are easy to hate, so double win today! With USC being classy I'm glad Washington stepped up to be douches

We go back to not being expected to win. Pressure should be off the Buffs and they can play hard and loose. I think we see a much better Buffs offense than we saw last night (which was really not very good).

I agree with this. I think we saw a very tight team come out the last two games. We're not used to being the favorite in big games. The pressure is now off again, and I expect a performance that is more typical of the season we have had.

As for overconfident Husky fans, I can't say that I blame them. They just took Wazzu behind the woodshed, while we struggled against a team we were clearly better than. I personally don't think it's indicative of the way things will go Friday (see above), but the optics aren't the best.

Talk about sandbagging

A disappointing result. I'll comment that the difference appeared to be coaching and preparedness for the injury situation. The game was effectively over when Sefo got hurt. too much pressure to put him back in the 2H and start bombing receivers was an awful call (resulting in 2 INTs, 10 pts). That's all she wrote....

Buffs are a better team than they showed last night. Great season. Let's go make up for it at the Alamo.

They were running a lead blocker on most plays and our line backers were a little slow to shed them. This coupled with offensive mistakes made our guys tired, which compounded the problem. More team speed and a bit bigger at the backer next year will help.
I still am worried about who the next Toupu is. He made such a difference this year. Hope he gets a shot in the Pro's if he wants it.

Washington was the better team (and Michigan and USC). We lost to teams who flat out athleted us.

Need more Jimmy's and Joe's (that are four and five stars). If Mac can make us competitive with an average of #70 ranked classes, imagine what he can do with classes that average around 20.

Even losing some kids to blue blood teams that are up we will still average about 40 plus points higher in recruiting rankings with what is going on. And this kind of season will be the norm.

I'll take 9-11 win seasons as 'good but dissapointing' seasons from now on. Plus Rose and CFPs now and then.

This is the most homer post I have ever read on any message board anywhere.

QB - UW and it's not close Sefo can't throw
RB - Lindsay is tough but again not close the combo of Gaskins/Coleman is elite
WR - UW, Ross is a 1st round pick elite speed and route running
OL - Push
DL - UW again not close
LB - Colorado but only because their stud is out (1st team all conf)
DB - UW and again not close. CU is the 2nd best unit in the PAC and very good but UW has 3 NFL players back there, 2 first rounders. (Baker and Jones)

I think you confused heart and grit with talent. Heart and grit are important but that assumes the other team doesn't have it... they do. Both coaches instill that in their teams.

Back