What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Ann Arbor Michigan

Dude, 'Furd ran the same quick slant like 15 times in a row. how could we not know it was coming after the 5th time, and yet still couldn't stop it.
Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency
Not sure if serious

Really? Integrity of the game will be protected by the NCAA? You’re kidding right? Since when have they done anything for the integrity of the game? The let the big dogs get hands slapped while the little fish face the brunt of sanctions. It’s been happening for yrs! Say hi Colorado Lunch program! yea and unc with one of the biggest academic scandals of all time get away totally unscathed.
Yes, this is the kind of issue where they will act

Yes, this is the kind of issue where they will act
People don’t understand the difference between academic or NIL scandals in the past, and legitimate on-field cheating scandals. There will be immense pressure from everyone other than Michigan fans/admin to drop the hammer. Could be NCAA in the long run, but B1G and CFP can act quickly if the evidence is overwhelming (which it appears to be).

People don’t understand the difference between academic or NIL scandals in the past, and legitimate on-field cheating scandals. There will be immense pressure from everyone other than Michigan fans/admin to drop the hammer. Could be NCAA in the long run, but B1G and CFP can act quickly if the evidence is overwhelming (which it appears to be).
NCAA is so slow to act that I bet it doesn't impact their postseason eligibility this year, though.

Jaded cynic in me says ESPN will make this go away with a slap on the wrist. They have to protect their investment.

The haves of the football world just don’t have enough apparently. No excuse for Michigan to need to coordinate these efforts.

The overall distraction is going to coat Michigan a game or two IMO. This story is already a scandal which will likely deepen over the next few months.
Agree with you,

Also wonder if we are going to see them lose some recruits. Opposing coaches/recruiters are probably already telling kids that Michigan is going to be facing sanctions, they they may not be able to go to a bowl, that Harbaugh won't stick around to deal with the fallout, etc.

Agree with you,

Also wonder if we are going to see them lose some recruits. Opposing coaches/recruiters are probably already telling kids that Michigan is going to be facing sanctions, they they may not be able to go to a bowl, that Harbaugh won't stick around to deal with the fallout, etc.
I’m glad to see you backtrack to a more sane position after you were outed for your blatant Michigan homerism.

I’m dying at this posters insistence that Mtn is a Michigan homer. Guys been around for 2 months and has him figured. Has to be someone’s sock, right? Even then, I don’t even know that Mtn has been a Michigan apologist.
Thanks, your response to the idot was much more polite than mine was going to be.

I'm wondering if this moron is the Penn State fan who was getting upset for a while when I was pointing out their history of covering up for Sandusky including JoPa refusing to allow the campus police to take action because he was worried about the reputation of the football program.

Thanks, your response to the idot was much more polite than mine was going to be.

I'm wondering if this moron is the Penn State fan who was getting upset for a while when I was pointing out their history of covering up for Sandusky including JoPa refusing to allow the campus police to take action because he was worried about the reputation of the football program.
This is exactly what a closet Blue homer would say. Busted!

The overall distraction is going to coat Michigan a game or two IMO. This story is already a scandal which will likely deepen over the next few months.
I always feel like this shooould happen, but rarely does - Cam Newton, Jamis Winston, etc

That whole Stanford 2nd half comeback seems soooo much more suspicious now.
Made me think of Shannon Sharpe saying after the Oregon debacle that coaches from other teams advised Mother ****ing Lanning on how to beat CU. 🤔 Maybe would have been less of a beatdown. 😬

I was one of the people that laughed this off when it first came out, but now I'm just amazed at how in depth and frankly insane this all is.

I mean, Prime is right - stealing signals in football isn't like stealing signs in baseball. Knowing what a play is going to look like doesn't mean you're necessarily going to stop it.

But I'm going to take it the other way - knowing that yes, it can give you an edge, but no, it's not going to guarantee anything, I'm just stunned that anyone would go to these lengths. I mean, stealing signs from teams to send to other teams in games you're not playing in? WTAF.

I gotta be honest, we've all known that Harbaugh is a strange dude, but all of this **** makes me think he's legit unhinged. Bill Belichick is looking at this operation and saying, wow, that's overkill.

I was one of the people that laughed this off when it first came out, but now I'm just amazed at how in depth and frankly insane this all is.

I mean, Prime is right - stealing signals in football isn't like stealing signs in baseball. Knowing what a play is going to look like doesn't mean you're necessarily going to stop it.

But I'm going to take it the other way - knowing that yes, it can give you an edge, but no, it's not going to guarantee anything, I'm just stunned that anyone would go to these lengths. I mean, stealing signs from teams to send to other teams in games you're not playing in? WTAF.

I gotta be honest, we've all known that Harbaugh is a strange dude, but all of this **** makes me think he's legit unhinged. Bill Belichick is looking at this operation and saying, wow, that's overkill.
While "you still have to stop it" is literally true, the fact that anyone would discount knowing what's coming because of that fact is insane. It's the entire reason Play Action is one of the main staples of offensive football; to try and trick the defense into thinking it's a run play when it's actually a pass. If the defense knows it's a pass, it's a major advantage. Of course Prime knows this and is just staying out of the controversy, which is why I dismiss his comments on this almost entirely.

The Athletic published an article with quotes from five P5 and one G5 Head Coach (anonymous) and they all said it's a major advantage and this is a huge deal. Hell, Bob Stoops went on record saying it's a big deal and this doesn't happen everywhere like Michigan apologists want to project.

Also, whether Harbaugh truly knew about it or not is completely irrelevant. First, based on the information that's come out about the leaked documents showing the plan, expenses, coordination, etc. I have a hard time believing he didn't know about it, but even if he truly didn't, it's not an excuse. He's the head coach and face of the program that got caught in a major cheating scandal. He simply can't continue as the HC of Michigan football and the program has to be punished.

One of the big bosses at my firm is a major UMich booster and lives in Ann Arbor.

Been texting him about this issue. Some highlights…

When I asked him what the deal is he said, “it’s a bunch of BS and this is clearly a witch hunt.”

He added, “nobody would care if this was Illinois or UMass plus they ALL do it. Hopefully it doesn’t go anywhere. They are trying to credit that one menial staffer with 2 finals appearances, back to back BIG championships, several NFL Draft picks, etc. It’s really a much smaller issue than it is being made out to be.”

Finally, he said, “I agree with Prime - even if you know the signal, you still have to stop it.”

One of the big bosses at my firm is a major UMich booster and lives in Ann Arbor.

Been texting him about this issue. Some highlights…

When I asked him what the deal is he said, “it’s a bunch of BS and this is clearly a witch hunt.”

He added, “nobody would care if this was Illinois or UMass plus they ALL do it. Hopefully it doesn’t go anywhere. They are trying to credit that one menial staffer with 2 finals appearances, back to back BIG championships, several NFL Draft picks, etc. It’s really a much smaller issue than it is being made out to be.”

Finally, he said, “I agree with Prime - even if you know the signal, you still have to stop it.”
I hope you responded with, "Cope harder, bro!" with a crying Jordan meme

While "you still have to stop it" is literally true, the fact that anyone would discount knowing what's coming because of that fact is insane. It's the entire reason Play Action is one of the main staples of offensive football; to try and trick the defense into thinking it's a run play when it's actually a pass. If the defense knows it's a pass, it's a major advantage. Of course Prime knows this and is just staying out of the controversy, which is why I dismiss his comments on this almost entirely.

The Athletic published an article with quotes from five P5 and one G5 Head Coach (anonymous) and they all said it's a major advantage and this is a huge deal. Hell, Bob Stoops went on record saying it's a big deal and this doesn't happen everywhere like Michigan apologists want to project.

Also, whether Harbaugh truly knew about it or not is completely irrelevant. First, based on the information that's come out about the leaked documents showing the plan, expenses, coordination, etc. I have a hard time believing he didn't know about it, but even if he truly didn't, it's not an excuse. He's the head coach and face of the program that got caught in a major cheating scandal. He simply can't continue as the HC of Michigan football and the program has to be punished.
Bolded: It's okay. You can just say "Mtn".

Back