What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Austin, TX

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Interim Nebraska HC Mickey Joseph was arrested on a similar charge earlier this month.

Hope the family member is OK health wise.

Immediately fireable offense.
Must be immediate suspension from his job, if the evidence shows any validity to the charges then he is immediately fired for cause. Career killer.

You cannot have one of the highest profile employees of your university engaging in domestic violence, can't happen.

If he bit her as part of his assault, he's nuts.
Otherwise, this must have been a real battle at one point.

I don't accept that this started when she took reading glasses from his hand and broke them. I'd bet $10 she took them off his face. And, when you go to someone's face, things can accelerate quickly.

But, strangling goes well beyond fighting.

A situation like this usually doesn't develop overnight. They should have both seen this coming and sought help.

Last edited:

I don't accept that this started when she took reading glasses from his hand and broke them. I'd bet $10 she took them off his face. And, when you go to someone's face, things can accelerate quickly.

A situation like this usually doesn't develop overnight. They should have both seen this coming and sought help.
Paul Rudd Shut Up GIF

Why would you have strong opinions about what happened at an event that you weren't present for?

And why would you assume that she started it? None of us know what happened because - you know - we weren't there.

Why would you have strong opinions about what happened at an event that you weren't present for?

And why would you assume that she started it? None of us know what happened because - you know - we weren't there.
Uncle Ken: why do 10 other people here express their opinions about an event "they weren't present for"? Because that's why these boards exist? Why only question me?

She said she started it by grabbing his glasses: "The woman said that last night she took reading glasses from Beard's hand and broke them. Beard, she told police, then slapped her glasses from her face." (I realize you won't accept my 'instincts', but I've read 500 to 1000 DV police reports, and her claim she took the glasses from his hand, immediately strikes me as false).

I have opinions, not that strong, because I spent my career as a criminal defense lawyer, and what I see here, is the American tendency to believe everything a victim says. He may indeed have assaulted her. Or, he may have defended himself against a psycho Karen. Things you always ask officers about at DV trials:
"when you respond you are just as worried about the woman as the man?", "She's potentially as much of a danger?". " In your experience women can be just as aggressive and violent as men, etc." One thing great about all the Karen videos on FB and Youtube, is that almost everyone now realizes enraged women can kick the crap out of many men

Key fact will be whether there is evidence of serious strangulation. If so, he's sunk. If not, the case seems defensible to me. He might actually be innocent

Uncle Ken: why do 10 other people here express their opinions about an event "they weren't present for"? Because that's why these boards exist? Why only question me?

She said she started it by grabbing his glasses: "The woman said that last night she took reading glasses from Beard's hand and broke them. Beard, she told police, then slapped her glasses from her face." (I realize you won't accept my 'instincts', but I've read 500 to 1000 DV police reports, and her claim she took the glasses from his hand, immediately strikes me as false).

I have opinions, not that strong, because I spent my career as a criminal defense lawyer, and what I see here, is the American tendency to believe everything a victim says. He may indeed have assaulted her. Or, he may have defended himself against a psycho Karen. Things you always ask officers about at DV trials:
"when you respond you are just as worried about the woman as the man?", "She's potentially as much of a danger?". " In your experience women can be just as aggressive and violent as men, etc." One thing great about all the Karen videos on FB and Youtube, is that almost everyone now realizes enraged women can kick the crap out of many men

Key fact will be whether there is evidence of serious strangulation. If so, he's sunk. If not, the case seems defensible to me. He might actually be innocent
Maybe I missed the part where ten other posters speculated "I'll bet she started it. In my ample experience that's what usually happens".

In fact, I don't see anybody else speculating on what happened in that event. Just you. Ten other posters? It must be in Barzil 2, where I don't have access.

Guilty or innocent in the court of law in many ways doesnt matter for this forum. His career is over barring some crazy surprise. Even if it is 10% true, unlikely that any program will pick him up for quite a while (I am assuming Texas is firing him soon)

Guilty or innocent in the court of law in many ways doesnt matter for this forum. His career is over barring some crazy surprise. Even if it is 10% true, unlikely that any program will pick him up for quite a while (I am assuming Texas is firing him soon)
This.

No matter how it started it happened.

Not something that can be accepted from a person in his position.

People (not just him) need to be more aware and get out before something like this happens.

Hey Ken.

Your question about me voicing an opinion, may be as stupid as any post I've ever seen here. Really:

Using that logic, no Allbuffer should have a strong opinion, if they "weren't present" for the event.
That logic would of course say no one here can opine on 1/6 in DC, or on the George Floyd case, etc, etc.
You put up a BS post for some reason and can't admit it. I had regarded you as honest and straight-forward. This, again, is dissembelling BS.

The other posters did voice opinions. For example:

"Must be immediate suspension from his job, if the evidence shows any validity to the charges then he is immediately fired for cause. Career killer.

You cannot have one of the highest profile employees of your university engaging in domestic violence, can't happen."

Why can't you just say what you're wanting to express? Clever answers that duck the point, suk.

Hey Ken.

Your question about me voicing an opinion, may be as stupid as any post I've ever seen here. Really:

Using that logic, no Allbuffer should have a strong opinion, if they "weren't present" for the event.
That logic would of course say no one here can opine on 1/6 in DC, or on the George Floyd case, etc, etc.
You put up a BS post for some reason and can't admit it. I had regarded you as honest and straight-forward. This, again, is dissembelling BS.

The other posters did voice opinions. For example:

"Must be immediate suspension from his job, if the evidence shows any validity to the charges then he is immediately fired for cause. Career killer.

You cannot have one of the highest profile employees of your university engaging in domestic violence, can't happen."

Why can't you just say what you're wanting to express? Clever answers that duck the point, suk.
In a case of domestic violence, you disregarded the narrative that was presented and went directly to:

I'll bet money that she started it.

Nobody else speculated what happened at the scene (because we can't know). Just you. I'll say it again, you were the only one that speculated what happened at the scene, and you did so with no credible insight. And you were willing to bet money that she was the instigator without any evidence. I'd invite you to be curious what that says about you.

Is that direct enough for you?

Last edited:
Back