What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Evanston, IL

Adios Fitz, it's been a good run
Do you know something more than it says? It literally says they haven’t investigated anything yet and it’s not known who may have been involved. Saying adios Fitz seems a bit premature for a coach typically considered to be on the up and up.

When Sunday film sessions hit hard.
I don't even know what constitutes hazing these days. What they're investigating could be something truly awful or it could be something I know is part of football culture and doesn't cross the line or it could be something that I even knew would now be considered hazing.

I don't even know what constitutes hazing these days. What they're investigating could be something truly awful or it could be something I know is part of football culture and doesn't cross the line or it could be something that I even knew would now be considered hazing.

For sure. I was being a smartass and thinking game film study for those players could be cruel and unusual punishment.

Mike Leach got turfed at TT for hazing allegations (which were never proven), Northwestern fired it's soccer coach over hazing

If any element of truth, Fitz is gone

Hazing is instant death penalty these days. It's not like Craig James killing 5 hookers

Animated GIF

He gone bro

Last edited:
Entire team wrote letter. Pushed back hard on allegations.
I'd be surprised if he's not canned for cause. Even if the allegations (or some part of them) aren't true, that program is going the wrong way.

If it weren't for Nebraska, they'd have run the table in reverse last year.

In the old days it probably involved alcohol and/or public nudity. In 2023 maybe wearing a tee shirt that says “I’m less than smart.”

Last edited:
The distinction between team-building and hazing isn't such a narrow one.

In team-building, those who have organizational and structural power suffer the same discomforts as the others (and typically go first), and there is clear alignment between the training/exercise and team outcomes.

Hazing is just the manifestation of insecurity in the form of the abuse of power. It's obviously not healthy for teams.

Having said that, young people (particularly young men) love hazing. Creating a culture in which those in power "serve down" is incredibly challenging. Been there...

NW football is headed for a world of pain now

With its strict academic standards it can't survive in the new transfer heavy CFB world

Fitzgerald, 48, is two years into a 10-year, $57 million contract, a deal reached after he reportedly received serious interest from the NFL.

Cha-ching!

The distinction between team-building and hazing isn't such a narrow one.

In team-building, those who have organizational and structural power suffer the same discomforts as the others (and typically go first), and there is clear alignment between the training/exercise and team outcomes.

Hazing is just the manifestation of insecurity in the form of the abuse of power. It's obviously not healthy for teams.

Having said that, young people (particularly young men) love hazing. Creating a culture in which those in power "serve down" is incredibly challenging. Been there...
Oh no question-I mean you could argue the rookie haircuts (I think we all remember the Friar Tuck cut Tebow got his rookie year) are that. I mean making the rookies buy dinner or carry stuff in could be that. This, if its true, is more like Penn State than anything. I don't know enough to say anything one way or another, especially when I read the following.

The AD who hired PF after Randy Walker's death is now the ACC commish-Jim Phillips. He extended Fitzgerald-10 years at 5 and change per before he left to run the ACC. I've seen 5.75 and 5.3 from multiple sources, so I'll split the difference here and call it 5.5. Northwestern would have owed Fitzgerald about $40 million in buyout money-and they've been **** lately. 1-11 last year and two other 3 win seasons in the last four. They're also trying to renovate their stadium, which will run them.....$800M? Not only that, but their AD is in trouble because their football program isn't the only one making news right now for all the wrong reasons. Their baseball coach is in trouble for bullying/abuse. Since the current AD hired him, he might be on the chopping block.

For @leftybuff on the question of an interim. Typically, the only option is somebody on staff. Go back to **** bailer in 2016-The Briles news had come out, and they found Jim Grobe to take over for a year. Not sure that happens here-bailer had more time than NW does to work with. I guess you could do that-but who would do it? I think NW goes with somebody on staff knowing full well they're going to suck, and then brings in somebody like a (don't laugh) Mike MacIntyre to rebuild the culture. FHCMM did get FIU to four wins-an improvement over the 1 win they had in 2021.

I think the stuff which came out a few days ago about allowing racist stuff to go on in his program pushed it to the edge and then details on the hazing came out publicly.

It wasn't as bad as I imagine things happen at a lot of other programs, but Northwestern has a different standard and this is all tarnishing the brand.

Back