What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Oxford, Mississippi...

We've got this from SEC Network guy Tony Barnhart, which really drives home how over-the-top some of the CU community reactions on MacIntyre have been. I thought that before, of course, but it's another reminder of how ridiculous we are.

To me, that just doesn't seem like Mac's character at all. If it were to happen, I'd be a shocked mofo.

If you're the NCAA, and you just found out that ole miss knew boosters gave between $13k and 16k to a high school kid, but that kid chose another school, how do you not immediately investigate the school he chose to attend?

Ole Miss brought up Mississippi State in conversations with the NCAA.

Ole Miss brought up Mississippi State in conversations with the NCAA.

Historically, the biggest threat to SEC success (as it was with the SWC back in the day) is house journalists, boosters and administrators ratting out rivals. When they all play nice because of a Cold War style "mutually assured destruction" approach, everyone thrives.

Historically, the biggest threat to SEC success (as it was with the SWC back in the day) is house journalists, boosters and administrators ratting out rivals. When they all play nice because of a Cold War style "mutually assured destruction" approach, everyone thrives.
Yeah. I hope the turn on each other. Not holding my breath.

We've got this from SEC Network guy Tony Barnhart, which really drives home how over-the-top some of the CU community reactions on MacIntyre have been. I thought that before, of course, but it's another reminder of how ridiculous we are.

If I could habitually like this comment, I so would.

Last edited:
Damn, ole miss and possibly Tennessee open in the same offseason? It's gonna be a stressful couple weeks around here after the seasonz

Seems pretty weak on its own.

Bjork told Yahoo on Friday that after receiving the information from Mars, the school had pulled records of Freeze’s cell calls and plowed through 39,000 calls without finding another instance of a call to the 313 number. However, the school kept digging through the records and must have found additional troubling information.
Ole Miss already is embroiled in a serious and lengthy NCAA investigation. The school had been standing staunchly behind Freeze, despite his being charged with multiple violations

Sounds like somebody was looking for a reason to get rid of him and they dug deep enough to find one.

it is far, far too early in the year to start the hand-wringing over mm and the sec.

whatever happens, happens. as i said in another thread, the real important test for CU is not whether mm leaves for another job-- that happens. the test is what kind of coach we might try to replace him with if he leaves. if we go with another unproven guy, i will be ballistic pissed. we're in a position right now where this is not scorched earth. a big time coach can win here again.

we don't know if and when another program will come after mm. he's had exactly 1 good year here. i think if he gets us to 8+ wins again, he'll be in some demand. we'll have options if we are smart-- we can match, extend, or see who else we can get. those are not bad options if we are willing to play big boy football again.

it is far, far too early in the year to start the hand-wringing over mm and the sec.

whatever happens, happens. as i said in another thread, the real important test for CU is not whether mm leaves for another job-- that happens. the test is what kind of coach we might try to replace him with if he leaves. if we go with another unproven guy, i will be ballistic pissed. we're in a position right now where this is not scorched earth. a big time coach can win here again.

we don't know if and when another program will come after mm. he's had exactly 1 good year here. i think if he gets us to 8+ wins again, he'll be in some demand. we'll have options if we are smart-- we can match, extend, or see who else we can get. those are not bad options if we are willing to play big boy football again.
Last thing I'm worried about right now is MacIntyre.

I care about this story because we've got a DT coming in for a visit this week who is verbally committed to Ole Miss.

If he can consistently win 8 games a year in Boulder this job will be a better job than Ole Miss, and I think M2 is smart enough to avoid that train wreck of a program.

For him to start getting offers from programs we can't compete with it is going to mean that we are winning a lot more than just one of two good seasons, then as you say we won't have to take scraps for our next coach.

Damn, ole miss and possibly Tennessee open in the same offseason? It's gonna be a stressful couple weeks around here after the seasonz

Nobody of note will touch that job. The NCAA violations aren't going away. If their interim has a winning season, my guess is they give him a contract long enough to get them through their violation period.

Nobody of note will touch that job. The NCAA violations aren't going away. If their interim has a winning season, my guess is they give him a contract long enough to get them through their violation period.
Remember when we said the same thing about Baylor a year ago and then they went out and got one of the best up and comers in college football? Ole miss will open up the checkbook for whoever they want especially after not having to pay a buyout.

Back