What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 2 Other Games

Dude for VCU hit an absolute bomb with 2 seconds left, 59-56.

UVA couldn't deal with the pressure at the end of the game. I think it was a 10-1 VCU run over about the last 3 minutes.

About what you'd expect so far. Parker looks much more polished as well as just overall bigger and stronger. He's also had more freedom to create and score than Wiggins which is usual for a Self system. I wanna see Wiggins get a chance to run the break. Still both guys making plays.

A Tennessee squad that has been receiving more than their fair share of love (a little too much love, IMO) is about to go down against always tough Xavier.

A Tennessee squad that has been receiving more than their fair share of love (a little too much love, IMO) is about to go down against always tough Xavier.

Tough day at the top of the SEC with Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee all losing.

We're close to having the first CVille jinx of the season. Tennessee has cut it to 2 in the final seconds

Tough day at the top of the SEC with Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee all losing.

It's another woefully bad year for SEC basketball. Kentucky may get going, Florida will be pretty good if they ever get to near full-strength, but after that...ouch. Zero depth to the SEC whatsoever.

Parker reminds me of Paul Pierce. I know we've seen at least a couple Final 4 teams tonight.
Ye it's like he's Paul Pierce with Carmelo's offensive arsenal, but Pierce's mental edge, defense, and ability to create for others. Sooooo good. I want Nuggets tank plz.

Krzyzewski certainly realized he had to get away from the choir boy team. Taking a different breed of player now. You wouldn't see Mississippi State transfers on the "old" Duke.

Krzyzewski certainly realized he had to get away from the choir boy team. Taking a different breed of player now. You wouldn't see Mississippi State transfers on the "old" Duke.

For as much as people like to get on Coach K, one thing that has impressed me over the years is his adaptability. Previously, he made a major transition into a 3pt shooting team when he saw the mid-majors knocking off giants in the Dance from behind the arc. Now, he's reacting to the success of Izzo, Petrino, Cal and even Shaka by going with a more pressure-oriented team along with a roster that can implement. I get sick of him and Duke, but credit where it's due. He's a hell of a coach and he's not as married to a single system as we've seen with other college coaching legends.

Damn Kansas is tough this year. I scared.

Wiggins looked far more comfortable in the second half. Was running the offense much better and playing off the ball. Defense looked pretty decent. Really liked what I saw from Parker. He looks like an NBA forward out there.

I'll just say this once, do not let Kansas run. They get up the court very well. I'm still iffy on this new foul stuff. I think it should be somewhere between the old rules and the new ones. Hopefully that's where it ends up. Kentucky and Duke will be working on fts, they both missed a ton.

I'll just say this once, do not let Kansas run. They get up the court very well. I'm still iffy on this new foul stuff. I think it should be somewhere between the old rules and the new ones. Hopefully that's where it ends up. Kentucky and Duke will be working on fts, they both missed a ton.

One thing it seems to be doing so far is favoring the teams with the better athletes since the rules free up player movement. We haven't been seeing any crazy upsets so far this year.

I can see not wanting to go all out at once, but **** it, should have just gone to 30 seconds on the clock (or less) and fixed two major issues at once.

One thing I do like is the bull**** block charge rule. Haven't seen many of those yet. I don't dislike the new rules, Nik pointed out what I do like. Yes CVille it should be 30, max. Also, maybe 6 fouls might not be a bad idea. Vitale mentioned that tonight.

One thing I do like is the bull**** block charge rule. Haven't seen many of those yet. I don't dislike the new rules, Nik pointed out what I do like. Yes CVille it should be 30, max. Also, maybe 6 fouls might not be a bad idea. Vitale mentioned that tonight.

Yeah I caught Vitale mentioning the 6 fouls thing. I hadn't really considered it so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I still tend to think defense is going to adapt to this and games will get smoother than we're seeing now, although it'll take a little while. 6 fouls has its appeal in some ways in keeping the stars on the court. You could make the argument that it could contribute to games being even more slowed down by fouls, but the other side is that there won't really be any more fouls because it's now just your role players off the bench providing the extra fouls instead of star players.

I watched Big East basketball the year they had their 6 foul experiment. Disaster. NBA's a 48-minute game. College is only 40. You allow 6 and it turns into a hackfest. Not what we want to see. Completely counter-productive to what they're trying to accomplish.

There are some other rules changes that would be much more interesting. Things like moving the ball to half court for inbounds plays after a timeout instead of inbounding with the whole court to move the ball. Or moving the 3pt line back a bit. Or reducing the shot clock to 30 seconds. Or widening the lane. We want to open up the game and see the athleticism, not go the direction of the "Jordan Rules" Pistons. [I'm with Jay Bilas on a lot of this stuff.]

I really want the 3pt line moved back. I don't mind seeing a mid-major program run a train on that ez mode 3 pt line, but it was way lame losing to Illinois play the percentages and just chuck 3 after 3. Golden State doing it is way more impressive because they actually separate the men from the boys.

Shot clock too. Having teams foul to slow the game down with 3 (or sometimes more) minutes left sucks.

3 line moved back and 30 second shot clock would be fantastic.

How about making the rims 12 feet? (kidding)

Both Parker and Wiggins, wow they are the real deal. Incredibly impressed with both. Ty Lawson needs to go away with a mystery injury for four months, that of course he will completely recover from. Turn on the Tankapalooza Nuggets.

Oregon also letting Western Carolina hang around. #18 is way to damn high for the ducks

Also that stupid court just bit the ducks in the but. Ref's couldn't see a W. Car player step out of bounds.

Last edited:
Oregon also letting Western Carolina hang around. #18 is way to damn high for the ducks

Right now, I agree. However, I really think that by the end of the year - when they get everyone worked in to their rotation and familiar with everyone - they're going to be the team that NO ONE wants to play in the P12 tourney.

Boston College loses to Toledo, 95-92. That's a rough and surprising 0-3 start for a BC squad that's got some explosive scorers and is supposed to be competitive in the ACC and pushing for postseason play this year. They just do not play a lick of defense and it kills them.

Boston College loses to Toledo, 95-92. That's a rough and surprising 0-3 start for a BC squad that's got some explosive scorers and is supposed to be competitive in the ACC and pushing for postseason play this year. They just do not play a lick of defense and it kills them.

ACC isn't looking like I thought it would this year. Duke & Syracuse are as good as billed, I think. Pitt is a legit sleeper to win the conference. I like UVA a lot. But I came into this season thinking that I'd love at least 4 ACC teams and really like probably another 4. So far, I'm not seeing it.

ACC isn't looking like I thought it would this year. Duke & Syracuse are as good as billed, I think. Pitt is a legit sleeper to win the conference. I like UVA a lot. But I came into this season thinking that I'd love at least 4 ACC teams and really like probably another 4. So far, I'm not seeing it.

I just see it as the top half of the conference is really good, and the bottom half is really bad. Outside of the "big 3", I consider UVA, Notre Dame and Pitt to all be very solid teams. Maryland is not bad either, and I still think Boston College will wake up. Florida State is a bit of a mystery, as is NC State. There are some definite bad ones at the bottom though. Miami has fallen off big time, Clemson and Georgia Tech continue to be pretty bad, Virginia Tech (despite beating West Virginia) is horrible, and Wake Forest is a complete disaster.

A little perspective on all the talk about Wyoming slowing the game down, not letting the Buffs play the way we want to, and the way that it took away the athletic advantages.

Tonight, soon-to-be #1 Michigan State hosted Columbia. Columbia had a 26-22 halftime lead. Sparty figured thing out at halftime, increased their intensity, and ended up winning 62-53. Sound familiar? (CU was down to WYO 31-26 at half and won 63-58.)

MSU was actually fortunate to escape. Shot 0/7 from 3pt range while letting Columbia go 7/16. They even got out-rebounded. But they powered their way to a win by getting to the FT line 30 times to Columbia's 11. An ugly win is still a win.

Back