What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What does new TV deal for Pac-12 do for the CU-CSU series long term?

Would you rather watch CU vs North Texas State? Keep CSU as a softie on the schedule each year.

Brilliant idea...I just can't stand the goat fans but this TV deal will widen the gap between CU and CSU significantly (same goes for Pac-12 and MWC & WAC) and we will be beating them up so much they might just cry uncle.

that 5 million is from the student fees, yes? and is already extremely low? I don't see that going away, ever.

It was part of the trade for section 117 so there is that to figure in as well, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it go away now that we are pulling in 2.2x more TV money.

Congrats on the $$$$ fellas. That is one hell of a television deal. It Looks like Scott really delivered.

this series is worthless. the conference is hard enough. find a directional school patsy to open up the season at folsom every year.

with the sheep, all we are doing is elevating the perception of a dog **** lower tier irrelevant program by allowing them on the field with us in the name of a so-called rivalry. it would be like the president sitting down face to face to negotiate with the mayor of some third world village. we aren't equals.

If they keep it at Invesco, drop it. I'd go to Lamb Stadium just to see more Buff fans than Lamb fans there. CSU is our only rivalry right now, even if some don't admit it. Rivalries make college football interesting.

It was part of the trade for section 117 so there is that to figure in as well, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it go away now that we are pulling in 2.2x more TV money.

Keep in mind that CU is $900MM into a $1.5B capital campaign as well. That $1.5B will go a long way toward scholarships, endowments, etc. They'll likely use that money to offset the pending cuts in higher education funding from the state. I think CU is in much better financial condition than they let on.

Keep CSU but move it to the campuses where it belongs. The atmosphere at Invesco sucked this last year and even though we lost at home it was a much better college football atmosphere at Folsom.

If they keep it at Invesco, drop it. I'd go to Lamb Stadium just to see more Buff fans than Lamb fans there. CSU is our only rivalry right now, even if some don't admit it. Rivalries make college football interesting.

Its good to see some CU fans coming off of their "kill the CSU program" mantra. I have never fully understood what interest CU fans have in seeing that happen.

Its good to see some CU fans coming off of their "kill the CSU program" mantra. I have never fully understood what interest CU fans have in seeing that happen.
It should be an easy win for us which is why CU should keep it. But it's a doubled edge sword, CSU fans seem to migrate to my town and talk a bunch of trash, so when they do win, it's unbareable but if they move the games to where they belong, keep the series unless of course CSU drops to FCS.

We're not going to kill the CSU program. It will die on it's own. College athletics just took a giant leap towards an era of haves and have-nots.

We're not going to kill the CSU program. It will die on it's own. College athletics just took a giant leap towards an era of haves and have-nots.

I agree. I just don't think it necessarily bodes well for anyone who is a fan of major college athletics in this state or region. As I have said before, I just don't understand this notion from some CU fans that think hurting the MWC and CSU is somehow good for CU athletics. Since the inception of the BCS, it is becoming increasingly apparent that the college athletic power structure is further coalescing around the largest televsion markets. Meanwhile the Moutain West regional institutions (CU, Arizona, Arizona State and Utah included) continue to be passed by in terms of exposure, talent, facilities and resources.

To me, the best thing for the Universities and all fans of major college athletics in this region is to have an engaged, passionate fan base capable of demanding and keeping the attention of the national media. Choking off the MWC or CSU to me does nothing to accomplish this end. It just further isolates an already islolated region and hurts major college athletics in these states.

Last edited:
Long term? More exposure of the rammies being humiliated. Don't be stupid guys.

This.

We should be all the more willing to play CSU now. This will increase our overall record against them. If our coach is as good as we seem to think he is, and we'll have this massive disparity in facilities/recruiting, why not play CSU? I personally wouldn't mind beating them by 30+ every year for the duration of this contract. I want to get that "we've shut you out more times than you've beaten us" thing going again.

When this gets close to expiring, (1) CSU will make all sorts of consolations just to have us keep them on our schedule (home games in Boulder, even more unequal split etc), and (2) there will be about 1,000 fans in the CSU side of the field.

Honestly, I see no downside here. We want a cupcake home game, we got one. We want a "rivalry game," I'd be ok having a rival that we beat 99% of the time... We want a game that brings in extra cash and exposure in Colorado, we got one. I think it's cool that one of our "road games" is a 35 minute drive. I think the students/players like being in a pro stadium sometimes.

Lets quit our bitchin, find some hookers to bang in our new found bed of cash, and enjoy stomping CSU into the ground mercilessly for the next decade.

I don't hate playing CSU. I hate Invesco. I hate the stadium. I hate the parking. I hate the tailgating. I hate the ticket takers, vendors, and security personnel. I hate the fact that it takes 40 minutes just to get into the stadium. I hate that they close down escalators and ramps for no apparent reason JUST BEFORE KICKOFF. I hate the Denver PD, who wanders around in full riot gear as if they're expecting WWIII to erupt at any second. I hate the fact that they are kicking people out of the parking lots an hour after the game is done. I hate the traffic in Denver. I hate the half empty stadium.

None of this has anything to do with CSU. It has everything to do with Invesco. It's a dump.

This.

We should be all the more willing to play CSU now. This will increase our overall record against them. If our coach is as good as we seem to think he is, and we'll have this massive disparity in facilities/recruiting, why not play CSU? I personally wouldn't mind beating them by 30+ every year for the duration of this contract. I want to get that "we've shut you out more times than you've beaten us" thing going again.

When this gets close to expiring, (1) CSU will make all sorts of consolations just to have us keep them on our schedule (home games in Boulder, even more unequal split etc), and (2) there will be about 1,000 fans in the CSU side of the field.

Honestly, I see no downside here. We want a cupcake home game, we got one. We want a "rivalry game," I'd be ok having a rival that we beat 99% of the time... We want a game that brings in extra cash and exposure in Colorado, we got one. I think it's cool that one of our "road games" is a 35 minute drive. I think the students/players like being in a pro stadium sometimes.

Lets quit our bitchin, find some hookers to bang in our new found bed of cash, and enjoy stomping CSU into the ground mercilessly for the next decade.
Would rep you but I've repped to much today.

I don't hate playing CSU. I hate Invesco. I hate the stadium. I hate the parking. I hate the tailgating. I hate the ticket takers, vendors, and security personnel. I hate the fact that it takes 40 minutes just to get into the stadium. I hate that they close down escalators and ramps for no apparent reason JUST BEFORE KICKOFF. I hate the Denver PD, who wanders around in full riot gear as if they're expecting WWIII to erupt at any second. I hate the fact that they are kicking people out of the parking lots an hour after the game is done. I hate the traffic in Denver. I hate the half empty stadium.

None of this has anything to do with CSU. It has everything to do with Invesco. It's a dump.

Totally agree.

Let's re-evaluate at the end of the contract.

If CU is back to where we were from 1989-1996, CSU is still a MWC bottom feeder, and we are dominating the series... then it will be time to move on and use that date for more flexible scheduling.

Have to keep the series. Once Embree gets this program rolling we are going to need cupcakes on our schedule.

A perfect example of why I think we need to continue this series and play out our existing contract with CSU:

I looked at ramnation for the first time since we beat them last fall and came across this gem...

Some Asshat said:
Thus the miracle of CSU's 50% W's over UCB on a Neutral field. This
stat is incredible!

Gawd. Somebody want to explain to me how winning 4 and losing 6 is 50%?

A perfect example of why I think we need to continue this series and play out our existing contract with CSU:

I looked at ramnation for the first time since we beat them last fall and came across this gem...

That all started because of me :thumbsup: but that's that State edumacation.

Did somone correct Some Asshat? CSU fans are probably the least knowledeble football fans I have ever seen.

Nope I got banned before I could.

Well if you get another chance to post, heres some more ammo.

CU vs. CSU
CU leads 60-20-2

CU's shutouts of CSU vs. CSU TOTAL wins over CU
CU leads 22-20

Series record in the 00's
CU leads 7-4

Cu has won 2 out of the last 3 and 3 of the last 5.

CU 79 CSU 43 The combined score the past 3 years

Series record in Denver
CU leads 6-4

DOMINATION!:thumbsup:

Well if you get another chance to post, heres some more ammo.

CU vs. CSU
CU leads 60-20-2

CU's shutouts of CSU vs. CSU TOTAL wins over CU
CU leads 22-20

Series record in the 00's
CU leads 7-4

Cu has won 2 out of the last 3 and 3 of the last 5.

CU 79 CSU 43 The combined score the past 3 years

Series record in Denver
CU leads 6-4

DOMINATION!:thumbsup:

I created another account :thumbsup:

I agree. I just don't think it necessarily bodes well for anyone who is a fan of major college athletics in this state or region. As I have said before, I just don't understand this notion from some CU fans that think hurting the MWC and CSU is somehow good for CU athletics. Since the inception of the BCS, it is becoming increasingly apparent that the college athletic power structure is further coalescing around the largest televsion markets. Meanwhile the Moutain West regional institutions (CU, Arizona, Arizona State and Utah included) continue to be passed by in terms of exposure, talent, facilities and resources.

To me, the best thing for the Universities and all fans of major college athletics in this region is to have an engaged, passionate fan base capable of demanding and keeping the attention of the national media. Choking off the MWC or CSU to me does nothing to accomplish this end. It just further isolates an already islolated region and hurts major college athletics in these states.

Another way to look at it is that the college fan support in Colorado is too fractured. The community at large doesn't rally around CU because it's selective admissions doesn't appeal to Joe six-pack. CSU doesn't appeal because Ft. Collins is an unattractive hike up I25 for most front range CSU fans, let alone the casual Donkey fan. Plus there are transplants from all over who maintain allegiances to there ancestral university roots.

When CSU's football program craters, then it concentrates the focus on a single program instead of remaining fractured amongst many. College football fans in the Centennial state would have more reason to focus on beating up schools from other states instead of engaging in a petty in-state rivalry. The sooner CSU dies, the sooner Coloradoans can rally behind a single, stronger program. Such a program would have a better chance to contend for a championship at the national level.

Prolonging CSU's slow slide into the abyss is just bad business. The writing is on the wall. CSU is dead D1 football walking.

The last one to leave Hughes, be sure to turn off the lights.

Here's the link, only a matter of time before it gets deleted.

The problem is that board is an absolute joke......Trying to follow a thread is just painful. A group of third graders in a welcome to computers class could put together a better message board.

Back