What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What happened to Eric Bienemy?

Scooter is going to be a solid HC someday. Its going to be fun to follow his career. Best of luck to him.

I agree with this. No need to pile on, guys. I would have to imagine that he could handle any of you regardless of whether he is packing around a few extra pounds. I think EB has handled this with class and wisdom and, in doing show, has set himself up to continue to advance. He obviously has matured a lot.

I agree with those who think EB is doing things the right way. Clearly he loves this University so much that he will not throw it under the bus even if his good friend was fired. I am not sure the odds but I think him stayin on as recruiting guy and RB coach would be reasonable. He has proved himself in those arenas and lets be honest we have to pay him for the next 2 years regardless of if he is coaching here or not... so might as well keep him on if he is willing.

I agree with those who think EB is doing things the right way. Clearly he loves this University so much that he will not throw it under the bus even if his good friend was fired. I am not sure the odds but I think him stayin on as recruiting guy and RB coach would be reasonable. He has proved himself in those arenas and lets be honest we have to pay him for the next 2 years regardless of if he is coaching here or not... so might as well keep him on if he is willing.
I'm not sure how EB staying would work. He is owed, what, around $450K a year? Presumably his buyout was privately funded. If he ended up staying, barring renegotiating his contract, he'd have an awfully high salary for a non coordinator. Would his salary cut into the salary pool? If so, it wouldn't work.

Just the dude at tOSU who went back to D-coordinator when Meyer signed up.
That's a bit different, he wasn't exactly "fired," he was an interim coach to begin with and knew he'd be likely replaced for a bigger name to begin with. That's like saying Brian Cabral was hired than "rehired."

I'm kind of seeing Jon being vilified a bit. I'm really uncomfortable with that. He took this job, at least in part, because he loves CU. I want him to always be one of our heroes.

He is recruiting and recruiting hard. He is doing exactly what he is suppose to be doing and it is appreciated by coaches at the hs level. Whether he stays or not what he is doing right now will net us a hood recruit this year and pay dividends later. He is representing cu in a good light and the right way

I'm kind of seeing Jon being vilified a bit. I'm really uncomfortable with that. He took this job, at least in part, because he loves CU. I want him to always be one of our heroes.

You mean our hero who dragged CU through the mud nationally by accusing them of being racist multiple times? The man who absolutely did not acknowledge at all that his presiding over the worst season in Colorado football history might have had something to do with his termination? Yeah he is a real hero.

You mean our hero who dragged CU through the mud nationally by accusing them of being racist multiple times? The man who absolutely did not acknowledge at all that his presiding over the worst season in Colorado football history might have had something to do with his termination? Yeah he is a real hero.
Living out of state, I certainly could have missed some of the things the Jon Embree said, but I don't believe that he accused CU of being racist. He actually said he was not fired because of race, just that he was devastated because historically black coaches don't get second shots at being a HC. I agree with DBT, Embree is not a villian. He and his staff did not work out, they were over their heads. But it was not for lack of effort or passion. Jon and still bleeds black and gold.

Living out of state, I certainly could have missed some of the things the Jon Embree said, but I don't believe that he accused CU of being racist. He actually said he was not fired because of race, just that he was devastated because historically black coaches don't get second shots at being a HC. I agree with DBT, Embree is not a villian. He and his staff did not work out, they were over their heads. But it was not for lack of effort or passion. Jon and still bleeds black and gold.
you heard wrong.

you heard wrong.
Where is Embree quoted saying that CU Administration was racist?

Here is his quote from the Daily Camera
"I just want people to understand that I did not say that is why I was fired," Embree said. "I was never given a reason why I was fired. I responded to a question about working again as a head coach in college football and my answer is and will always be, we don't get second chances.
"I'm OK with that. I understood that when I took the job. People can get mad all they want, but those are the facts. We don't get second chances."

Youi sure you are not confusing Embree with McCartney or Floyd Keith?

"I just want people to understand that I did not say that is why I was fired," Embree said. "I was never given a reason why I was fired. I responded to a question about working again as a head coach in college football and my answer is and will always be, we don't get second chances.
"I'm OK with that. I understood that when I took the job. People can get mad all they want, but those are the facts. We don't get second chances."

He insinuated very heavily that race played a part in his dismissal. In this world today, you just can't say things like that. I would never hire a person like that, ever. No college AD will hire him again, ever. He sunk his own career more than 4-21 ever could.

His childish display almost caused another national scandal, fortunately the story never caught nationally aside from a 24hour period. Even the idot's itching for ESPN ratings could see the man was unfathomably incompetent.

Davis -

In at least one radio interview Jon said he believed he'd still have the job if he was white.

Davis -

In at least one radio interview Jon said he believed he'd still have the job if he was white.

Thanks. I am sorry to hear that. He should have kept quiet until he got his emotions under check. Bohn made the right move letting Embree go. We needed to upgrade our staff. But that doesn't mean I want to see him crash and burn. He is still a Buff. I hope he lands on his feet. Of course, the million dollar buy out should help.

Interesting tidbit on Bienemy in Terry Frei's column in the Denver Post. I've heard rumblings of dysfunction in the EB-Embree relationship before, but this is the first I've read in newspaper print (figuratively speaking of course). I will be curious to hear all the details when the stories start to leak out. Behind the scenes, CU coaching staff must've been complete chaos.

Interesting tidbit on Bienemy in Terry Frei's column in the Denver Post. I've heard rumblings of dysfunction in the EB-Embree relationship before, but this is the first I've read in newspaper print (figuratively speaking of course). I will be curious to hear all the details when the stories start to leak out. Behind the scenes, CU coaching staff must've been complete chaos.

Interesting....

Either I took some very powerful halucegens earlier or that little tidbit disappeared from the article. Very interesting indeed.

Wow. What the hell? I read the column and it was in there. Obviously somebody convinced Frei to edit.

Basically, he said that he thought part of the dysfunction in the program may have stemmed from problems between Embree and EB. Described the relationship as "not a cordial friendship". Said he wouldn't assign blame, because he didn't know who was at fault, and it probably didn't matter....

Wow. What the hell? I read the column and it was in there. Obviously somebody convinced Frei to edit.

Basically, he said that he thought part of the dysfunction in the program may have stemmed from problems between Embree and EB. Described the relationship as "not a cordial friendship". Said he wouldn't assign blame, because he didn't know who was at fault, and it probably didn't matter....

well Mr Conspiracy himself, GTFO with your delusional fairy tales

I hope Embree and Bieniemy go back to the NFL this year. We don't want them taking college jobs and guys wanting to follow them imo

On Football Scoops website:

Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Bieniemy has been hired as the running backs coach, per Mike Florio.

Back