What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What kind of scheme should an incoming coach establish?

CJ was talking about scheme on the radio today in relation to the Broncos. He was saying that they are a soft team (in response to a caller) because they run a spread offense. He made the point that when you throw the ball around a lot and attack the edges of a defense, it means a lot in terms of the nature of your practices. Offensive linemen are generally using a finesse technique. And the defense doesn't get to work against someone coming right at it. Inevitably, this is going to make a team soft versus a team that practices to play power football. He went on to say that the only way you win with that style (i.e., Indianapolis Colts) is if your talent is overwhelming.

I think it was a great point. Probably because it agrees with what I believe. :smile2:

I'm with everyone else on the power running game. That's been a CU identity in the past and I desperately want the Buffs to return to that. I've been wondering if a 3-4 D wouldn't be successful in the Pac given how many of these teams play on offense. I doubt we go down that road, and I'm not advocating it, but food for thought...

Back