What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

Based on his play - while redshirting- in garbage time last year, I'd say so. I mean, you must be pretty damn special to get garbage time minutes while redshirting.
And that was only during the spring game!

Somebody post the video of Montez in garbage time please.
giphy.gif

A 2016 season that will result in a top 10 NFL draft position.

It is not a secret, Montez has a cannon and is also a mobile QB. He has looked good in practices, spring game and yes, garbage time. He has a presence and views the entire field (vs. Sefo and the first WR he see's is getting the ball). The footage I have seen of Webb is similar to that of Sefo, in that he throws a lot of dump down passes, flares to the backs and a majority of his passes are short. That is Sefo version II. I would prefer to see what Montez can do in meaningful minutes. He has promise, but unless given a chance, we will not know if he is a project, stud or on par with the rest of the QB's on the roster. He does have a lot of tools
This entire post is a spectacular wreck.

It is not a secret, Montez has a cannon and is also a mobile QB. He has looked good in practices, spring game and yes, garbage time. He has a presence and views the entire field (vs. Sefo and the first WR he see's is getting the ball). The footage I have seen of Webb is similar to that of Sefo, in that he throws a lot of dump down passes, flares to the backs and a majority of his passes are short. That is Sefo version II. I would prefer to see what Montez can do in meaningful minutes. He has promise, but unless given a chance, we will not know if he is a project, stud or on par with the rest of the QB's on the roster. He does have a lot of tools
I think everyone should click like purely for the entertainment value. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
He was in garbage time!
I think you're looking for Skiddy's island thread.

The (relatively?) perfect storm created by Coach Walters' departure for greener pastures has presented MacIntyre an opportunity he could barely have fantasized about just a couple of months ago. If this works out, it cuts the Buffs rebuild time by a couple of years, easy.

Show '17 recruits that our coaches are capable and facilities are top notch, land some studs (especially a QB), jettison the underperforming coach or two, build on the momentum, and reclaim our place among the top teams in the country. That's what I hope Webb does this year. Modest goals, really.

Sure hope we are not putting to much pressure on Webb? The last Webb that came through here was a "little" disapointing shall I say? might want to curtail our enthusiasm. I truly hope he is what we hope he is as he does seem to have the potential.

Definitely putting a lot of pressure on Webb to be our savior, but I don't know how unrealistic it really is.

We've all seen the improvements this team has made. Last year we took a step back offensively, but they showed they could drive the ball, they showed they could get 4th quarter leads, they showed they could get up 2 scores on teams in pac12 play. They just frustratingly could not finish drives enough of the time and couldn't get important, game changing drives going when it mattered. We've gone out and signed a couple of tall juco WRs and landed a QB who has dreams of going pro, which will help us in the redzone (and everywhere else for that matter lol).

Even with a tougher schedule, I think we finally start stepping on the gas when the W is in reach. And if not? I probably won't post here for a while because I'm a little ***** and can't take anymore Ls.

Sure hope we are not putting to much pressure on Webb? The last Webb that came through here was a "little" disapointing shall I say? might want to curtail our enthusiasm. I truly hope he is what we hope he is as he does seem to have the potential.

If anyone is putting pressure on Webb it is HCMM. Publicly saying he has an NFL ready arm, definitely puts the expectations pretty high.

He doesn't need to be a Heisman candidate for him to be a success at CU. We just need a guy who sees the field, processes a defese quickly and keeps the turnovers low. He has proven, on the field, that he's capable of doing that.

I do love his decisions and quick release...watching his film, rarely does he hang onto the ball more the 2 seconds...that's good

Great. Now we are going to get crippling NCAA sanctions for playing a QB during garbage time yet maintaining his red shirt. I thought we had this on the down low. Way. To. Go.

Being a QB coach, I was going to work up a whole post about what I see in Webb's game but I realized I could simply break it down to one sentence and say he's light years better than anyone we have in the program and leave it at that.
applause1.gif

get rid of the ball fast unless you are extending plays or trying to take long shot downfield, seems as though Mr Webb has the ability to do. Best Qb's in the league are around 2 seconds.

Less-Than-2.0-Seconds-2.png

Back to actually discussing Webb, does anyone else notice he throws a lot of passes flat footed? Doesn't step into them at all.

Being a QB coach, I was going to work up a whole post about what I see in Webb's game but I realized I could simply break it down to one sentence and say he's light years better than anyone we have in the program and leave it at that.
He is light years better than anyone we have had since the Clinton Administration.

Back to actually discussing Webb, does anyone else notice he throws a lot of passes flat footed? Doesn't step into them at all.

Seems like he doesn't step up, but doesn't seem like he needs to either. Inside of 10yds, his arm strength is enough to get the ball to the receiver. On the deep throws he definitely does step into it.

Its a little odd because his footwork on his drop backs is good, so its not like that is part of the problem.

Seems like he doesn't step up, but doesn't seem like he needs to either. Inside of 10yds, his arm strength is enough to get the ball to the receiver. On the deep throws he definitely does step into it.

Its a little odd because his footwork on his drop backs is good, so its not like that is part of the problem.
Just seems really odd. He does get the ball there quickly enough, tho

As others have said, he gets the ball out quick. Also is willing to stand in the pocket and take a lick. A necessity for whoever our QB is in 2016.

Back