What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

I could've sworn I posted this last night but, anyway, the guy on Channel 4 News last night mentioned the Webb thing and said Mac had spoken with Webb and Webb said not to worry, he's committed to Colorado. FWIW.

He also follows Nastia Liukin and Ronda Rousey on Twitter. Perhaps he will bail on CU to become a women's gymnast or MMA fighter.
Whatever it is, a man who gives his word/handshake only to turn his back on it is not a real man. Hopefully he sticks by his word and doesn't let the poor form of Cal and their coaches (most likely bashing CU) get to his head.

Whatever it is, a man who gives his word/handshake only to turn his back on it is not a real man. Hopefully he sticks by his word and doesn't let the poor form of Cal and their coaches (most likely bashing CU) get to his head.
Do you mean like programs who extend and retract offers? He has every right to change his mind until he signs. Even then, players and programs alike decide to part ways. Only Chev has a right to complain if they shook hands on it.

Do you mean like programs who extend and retract offers? He has every right to change his mind until he signs. Even then, players and programs alike decide to part ways. Only Chev has a right to complain if they shook hands on it.

You have a point there I guess. This wouldn't be an issue if CU just started winning football games. Players wouldn't be committing with one foot in the door and the other out just in case. From what I gathered from the whole recruiting/commitment process, Webb virtually shook Chev's hand, but that's my opinion. Still, poor form on both Webb and Cal's part if you ask me.

Overly-Attached-Girlfriend.jpg

One more thing, it must have been pretty concrete in Chev's mind if he gave him a playbook to start learning...

Players wouldn't be committing with one foot in the door and the other out just in case. From what I gathered from the whole recruiting/commitment process, Webb virtually shook Chev's hand, but that's my opinion. Still, poor form on both Webb and Cal's part if you ask me.

So Juwann Winfree is not a real man?

You have a point there I guess. This wouldn't be an issue if CU just started winning football games. Players wouldn't be committing with one foot in the door and the other out just in case. From what I gathered from the whole recruiting/commitment process, Webb virtually shook Chev's hand, but that's my opinion. Still, poor form on both Webb and Cal's part if you ask me.
I'll be as disappointed as anyone, but how is it useful to pile on before anything has changed?

I'll be as disappointed as anyone, but how is it useful to pile on before anything has changed?

I'm with you. Webb's decision is his to make. His body & mind. His future. His decision.

Should Webb keep with his commitment to join Colorado after hearing Cal's sales pitch, then that would significantly bolster the story that Colorado is on the way back.

If he picks Cal, then it would go to show that Dykes continues to outperform MacIntyre on the recruiting trail despite the awesome new CU facilities, longer outstanding relationship and great chance to top the Buff depth chart.

After watching CU's QB's performance in the spring game, it appears clear that Webb has an incredible opportunity to step into a starting QB job on day 1 with a chance to showcase his skills in front of 100,000 fans at the Big House, the LA Coleseum, Autzen, and in Palo Alto in front of a national TV audience.

At Cal, it's not as clear whether or not Bear QB's Chase Forrest or Ross Bowers would push Webb for playing time. Cal's 2016 schedule includes an exotic opening game in Sydney, Australia against Hawaii, a home game against the Texas Longhorns, and also an LA Coliseum trip to face USC.

Cal's spring game is April 16. Buffs fans may be interested in tuning in next weekend and taking a read on the talent situation in Berkeley.

No doubt Webb will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd start concentrating on Montez, Gherke, Awini, and Noyer, FWIW.

If Webb looks like a guy looking for a school, walks like a guy looking for a school, and quacks like a guy looking for a school, it's probably a duck, er….a Bear.

Something is definitely going on here.

With the Cal visit I was finally able to talk myself into thinking he was just doing a courtesy to an old coach. Now I'm thinking that something he saw or heard during his trip here made him think this is no longer the place for him. Honestly do not think he is coming here.

Something is definitely going on here.

What we appear to be watching is Davis Webb slowly firing HCMM. I don't mean de-committing, I mean he is actually firing HCMM as the football coach at CU, along with his "friend" Chev. Yup, he is firing Chev as co-offensive coordinator, too, unless perhaps HCMM is fired after five games and somehow inevitable Interim Head Coach Jim Levitt sets the world on fire and gets the head coach gig, and he keeps Chev on. When CU wins one or two games next year with Montez as QB (based on what I saw Saturday, 2 games may be optimistic), and when Rick George is forced to let HCMM go, you can trace it back to the moment Webb selected some other option than CU. He is literally firing HCMM.

Will be interesting to see where he enrolls this Summer. What do you think the odds are now it will be Boulder? Guessing 50/50.

CU looks less-and-less like a destination, instead more-and-more like a safety school.

What we appear to be watching is Davis Webb slowly firing HCMM. I don't mean de-committing, I mean he is actually firing HCMM as the football coach at CU, along with his "friend" Chev. Yup, he is firing Chev as co-offensive coordinator, too, unless perhaps HCMM is fired after five games and somehow inevitable Interim Head Coach Jim Levitt sets the world on fire and gets the head coach gig, and he keeps Chev on. When CU wins one or two games next year with Montez as QB (based on what I saw Saturday, 2 games may be optimistic), and when Rick George is forced to let HCMM go, you can trace it back to the moment Webb selected some other option than CU. He is literally firing HCMM.
Pretty much. Without a serious qb upgrade mikmac is toast.

Back