What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Big 12 member is the team you most want to beat once we join?

Who do you most want to dominate?

• Baylor

• Iowa State

• Kansas

• Kansas State

• Oklahoma State

• Texas Christian

• Texas Tech

• West Virginia

• One of the new P5 additions (BYU, Cincy, UH, UCF)

• Some other school from Pac, Independent or G5 you hope joins

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're going to have so many visitors tickets being purchased. It's going to be a bonanza. And then we'll see them sh!t posting after their road-trip to Boulder about how everyone is a dirty stoner, unwelcoming, the food was expensive for what you get (not understanding high quality ingredients and expecting a platter of crap which could feed a family of 4 for that price), and that the trip was awful in addition to getting beat. But they'll start saving up to come back in 2 years.

Good thing UT moves to the SEC since everyone knows that CU fans vandalize the UT motor homes and eat their dogs (poor Rusty).

Voted Baylor. **** baylor. I have a long standing hatred of BYU from my youth. Its not a very active or deep hate like I have for other programs. I grew up in SW Wyoming so its the "I hate them because everyone else around me loves them thing". Same reason I hate the Jazz. I've been away from Wyoming and BYU has largely been irrellivant (and so have the Jazz ftm) so its not that big of a deal, but I could definitely see myself getting extra enjoyment out of a regular ass whipping.

Voted Baylor. **** baylor. I have a long standing hatred of BYU from my youth. Its not a very active or deep hate like I have for other programs. I grew up in SW Wyoming so its the "I hate them because everyone else around me loves them thing". Same reason I hate the Jazz. I've been away from Wyoming and BYU has largely been irrellivant (and so have the Jazz ftm) so its not that big of a deal, but I could definitely see myself getting extra enjoyment out of a regular ass whipping.
Let's stay focused here. **** bailer.

What kind of hellscape is this?

@Al_4_State cracks me up.

It's true that CU has been **** for a long time. It's true that the PAC has been **** for a long time. It's true that the Big XII has done much better. And it's true that the Big XII was our best option. Most of our fans would agree with that.

And we also mostly agree that the Big XII is ****ty and it sucks to be back in this ****hole conference.

I would invite Al_4_State to be curious about that apparent paradox (hint: it's not really a paradox).
The Big 12 isn't a ****ty conference. It's a collection of schools that aren't blue bloods, but have passionate fanbases, and a ton of great atmospheres for college sports. You pine for the Big 10, but you'd just get your heads stoved in by Ohio State and Michigan. That extra money does a lot for you as a fan, right? CU has a path to the playoffs in the Big 12 and a path to rebuild a once-proud program.

You seem to judge it based on perceived academics and status as a general vacation destination. That's not what any of this is about. This is about college sports, and when it comes to college sports, the Big 12 is considerably ahead of the Pac 12, and that's why you joined. The gap is only growing. You can travel to the west coast for vacation whenever you want. You can associate academically with whomever you want. ISU works with Big 10 schools all the time (and we're a pretty damn good public school as it is) on research projects.

We're going to have so many visitors tickets being purchased. It's going to be a bonanza. And then we'll see them sh!t posting after their road-trip to Boulder about how everyone is a dirty stoner, unwelcoming, the food was expensive for what you get (not understanding high quality ingredients and expecting a platter of crap which could feed a family of 4 for that price), and that the trip was awful in addition to getting beat. But they'll start saving up to come back in 2 years.
I doubt you'll see that of ISU fans. Pretty much everyone liked making the trip out to Boulder. My family's vacationed in Colorado for years. I've climbed over 40 14ers. Rafted the Arkansas multiple times. My wife and I went to Breck and Lake City on our honeymoon. I love the state and get out there frequently.

The Big 12 isn't a ****ty conference. It's a collection of schools that aren't blue bloods, but have passionate fanbases, and a ton of great atmospheres for college sports. You pine for the Big 10, but you'd just get your heads stoved in by Ohio State and Michigan. That extra money does a lot for you as a fan, right? CU has a path to the playoffs in the Big 12 and a path to rebuild a once-proud program.

You seem to judge it based on perceived academics and status as a general vacation destination. That's not what any of this is about. This is about college sports, and when it comes to college sports, the Big 12 is considerably ahead of the Pac 12, and that's why you joined. The gap is only growing. You can travel to the west coast for vacation whenever you want. You can associate academically with whomever you want. ISU works with Big 10 schools all the time (and we're a pretty damn good public school as it is) on research projects.
It's a ****ty conference compared to what it used to be. It's slightly less ****ty now that we are in it though!

It's a ****ty conference compared to what it used to be. It's slightly less ****ty now that we are in it though!
You guys left the conference it used to be, and are coming back to the one that it is. What it lacks in blue bloods, it makes up for in top to bottom parity and entertainment value.

If this board is a reflection of your fanbase in general, I think I know who the most hated school in the league is going to be real quick, and it will have **** all to do with whether or not you're winning games.

Jesus, some of you are absolutely miserable twats.

If this board is a reflection of your fanbase in general, I think I know who the most hated school in the league is going to be real quick, and it will have **** all to do with whether or not you're winning games.
Dumb And Dumber GIF

Thinking I know who you are (from surly). Welcome over to the **** show man.

You guys left the conference it used to be, and are coming back to the one that it is. What it lacks in blue bloods, it makes up for in top to bottom parity and entertainment value.

Oh, we’re also going to beat your asses, which will make it that much worse.

DefinitiveRemoteIberianchiffchaff-size_restricted.gif

Back to topic: the one thing I always hated about the PAC was not having a rival. I'm looking forward to rejoining a conference where there's some animosity and teams that give a damn about beating us (KSU, ISU, OSU, KU, Tech to some degree). I'm also interested in seeing if we develop a rivalry with BYU - our closest(?) conference opponent, the biggest stadium in the conference (I think), couldn't be more different culturally, and they will no doubt brings huge crowds to Boulder. I see potential there.

I feel as though you didn’t even read my post.

Also, please don’t assume that I pine for the BIG.

Baylor right? Baylor is the most hated? Right?

Last edited:
Baylor right? Baylor is the most hated,? Right?
Institution? Absolutely. Fan base? Possibly.

I went to the ISU/Baylor game at Floyd-Casey in 2008. It was the single worst sports experience of my life. This was all pre-rape, mind you. Waco is actually a dump (the campus area is pretty decent, I guess) and the stadium was in a ****ty party of town nowhere near the campus. We got there about 5 hours before kick off, and the only people who were tailgating were other ISU fans. The whole place had an eerie, haunted vibe. Like we were disturbing some ancient Native American burial ground. The few Baylor fans we interacted with were aloof, unfriendly, and disinterested. The whole scene was a ****ing joke.

Between the murder cover ups and rape enabling, I can't think of an easier to despise institution in the conference. On par with Penn State for vileness, nationally.

That said, I've seen enough of their fans denounce the Briles era (although far too many act like he did nothing wrong) to believe there are some good Baylor fans out there. Dave Aranda seems like a genuinely good guy too. I still want to kick their teeth every year, and their program under Rhule was cheap and trashy.

Correct... a lot of us were/ are miserable twats.... we were in the top 10 for many years in the 90's and only had a sniff in 2001 and then once thereafter..... Most of us want to relive those old days....

We are now faced with a completely different landscape where we aren't viewed as a top dog in terms of TV revenue but we put ourselves in a better position than most by hiring Coach Prime. College football is completely different and I am glad that our administration realized how to compete in this environment because I believe that if we did not hire Prime and get rid of our stupid internal academic requirements, we would be left behind- FOREVER. The fans want more football and could care less about academics related to football. Somehow, our administration decided to get off the high horse of academics control everything and decided to be in the business of producing athletes that can either play in the NFL, or have a wonderful coaching career (or some other career related to sports). This is a viable path for many kids who want to better themselves. I for one am ecstatic that CU is providing an opportunity to play sports on TV and further a career related to sports.

The "invisible hand" (market) has spoken and CU finally decided to join the game....

Now we gotta figure out WHO to hate and you seem like a good candidate :unsure::LOL:

Back to topic: the one thing I always hated about the PAC was not having a rival. I'm looking forward to rejoining a conference where there's some animosity and teams that give a damn about beating us (KSU, ISU, OSU, KU, Tech to some degree). I'm also interested in seeing if we develop a rivalry with BYU - our closest(?) conference opponent, the biggest stadium in the conference (I think), couldn't be more different culturally, and they will no doubt brings huge crowds to Boulder. I see potential there.
I agree that BYU/CU has all the trappings of being a heated rivalry. That should be a really fun matchup.

Maybe your first visit back to Ames, we'll bust the live mascot out again.

Institution? Absolutely. Fan base? Possibly.

I went to the ISU/Baylor game at Floyd-Casey in 2008. It was the single worst sports experience of my life. This was all pre-rape, mind you. Waco is actually a dump (the campus area is pretty decent, I guess) and the stadium was in a ****ty party of town nowhere near the campus. We got there about 5 hours before kick off, and the only people who were tailgating were other ISU fans. The whole place had an eerie, haunted vibe. Like we were disturbing some ancient Native American burial ground. The few Baylor fans we interacted with were aloof, unfriendly, and disinterested. The whole scene was a ****ing joke.

Between the murder cover ups and rape enabling, I can't think of an easier to despise institution in the conference. On par with Penn State for vileness, nationally.

That said, I've seen enough of their fans denounce the Briles era (although far too many act like he did nothing wrong) to believe there are some good Baylor fans out there. Dave Aranda seems like a genuinely good guy too. I still want to kick their teeth every year, and their program under Rhule was cheap and trashy.
But you’ve suggested that Institutionally supported rape and murder is somehow less concerning than fans from Colorado that make you feel sad with their words.

I’d invite you to be curious about that.

I can't hate Iowa St. I respect what Campbell has done there.

I despise bailer, Briles, and starr on the other hand.

Let me translate for you:

1. lacks in blue bloods: no great programs (easy!). That's ****ty.
2. Top to Bottom Parity: Lots of ****ty teams with hard and low to medium historical ceilings. That's ****ty! (except for 1 now. You are welcome).
3. Entertainment value: This is just a throwaway from you and it's meaningless. But I will choose to take this as you meaning all these ****ty programs have strange and stupid fans that will be entertaining to torment. Example: you.
4. Hated School in the League: You nailed this one. This is our goal. Thank you.
5. Miserable Twats: Another one you nailed. We have had a rough 20 years.

Back