What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who do you want to see at OC?

:wow: at the Stitt talk. Some of you need to calm the f*ck down with this talk. Sure he's managed to drum up some respect around the college coaching ranks, but the dude is a DII head coach for a team that is decent, but not exactly setting DII on fire. Sure there is some intrigue around this pick, but there are probably 20 other candidates that would do as good or better job.

I think Stitt would be a great addition to a staff, just not necessarily as OC. If A&M wants to make that leap, that's their risk - I don't think most BCS programs would. Yes, he doesn't deal with much at Mines, but he goes against D2 defenses. You can't underestimate that. Going against Stanford's or USC's defense is going to be nothing short of eye-opening for him. Now, chances are Stitt can move over to CU as a QB coach and not even have to switch houses - maybe that would be desirable for him, and maybe he will be able to move up to OC after a few years of learning the ropes. But to turn the keys over to him, in our situation, with a defensively minded coach - that's crazy talk.

I think Stitt would be a great addition to a staff, just not necessarily as OC. If A&M wants to make that leap, that's their risk - I don't think most BCS programs would. Yes, he doesn't deal with much at Mines, but he goes against D2 defenses. You can't underestimate that. Going against Stanford's or USC's defense is going to be nothing short of eye-opening for him. Now, chances are Stitt can move over to CU as a QB coach and not even have to switch houses - maybe that would be desirable for him, and maybe he will be able to move up to OC after a few years of learning the ropes. But to turn the keys over to him, in our situation, with a defensively minded coach - that's crazy talk.
Zero chances Stitt comes on for anything other than having complete control over the offense.

His current OC at SJSU isn't half bad. I'd take him. I would like to know why they didn't run the ball much, though. Were they just not capable or is that how they prefer to do business.

Just so we all all on the same page about Bob Stitt, when Beloitti hired Chip Kelly he had narrowed down his OC selection to 2 people, the other was Bob Stitt just think he might have been the HC at Nike U right now.

Now for the info on the SJSU OC, according to Eric Goodman he has only been with Mac for a year, he coached previously at Northern AZ and he was old to run the existing offense, he is young and very green. Goodman also went on to add that he had information that Stitt and Mac were already aquainted and that they had spoke today.

Reactions: aik
Thats what it sounded like at the presser, saying that "we run outta the pistol" bascially breaking down the offense he is bringing.

Stitts offense is the west coast offense run out of the spread. Kay Dalton learned the 49er stuff during shanahans first stint in Denver. Stitt learned it from Kay at UNC. I think you'd be surprised with what you actually get with the O.

It does sound like Lindgren is on board already but it'd be a huge mistake to bring Stitt in as OC. He wants complete control and could be a power struggle....better to keep cohesiveness of sjs.

His current OC at SJSU isn't half bad. I'd take him. I would like to know why they didn't run the ball much, though. Were they just not capable or is that how they prefer to do business.

Wondering the same thing. 102nd in rushing offense, yikes!!!

OK, but you are going to have a tough time getting a guy who is both experienced and good to come to a dumpster fire. If choosing between a guy who is experienced and mediocre or a rising star but inexperienced, I'll take the rising star every time.

Also, why is comparing Stitt's experience to Kelly's a bit much? He's quite a bit more experienced than Kelly was before Oregon hired him as OC.

Plus he has already been working hard to get the OC job at CU. He loves Colorado..probably wouldn't even have to move. When big time schools are giving him props and courting him, but he wants to stay home.......holy **** boys. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Take him in a second!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Just so we all all on the same page about Bob Stitt, when Beloitti hired Chip Kelly he had narrowed down his OC selection to 2 people, the other was Bob Stitt just think he might have been the HC at Nike U right now.

Now for the info on the SJSU OC, according to Eric Goodman he has only been with Mac for a year, he coached previously at Northern AZ and he was old to run the existing offense, he is young and very green. Goodman also went on to add that he had information that Stitt and Mac were already aquainted and that they had spoke today.

Coach Mac pumped him up noting that he'd broken nearly all school records once he became OC. I wouldn't expect Stitt to become OC.

Back