What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who gets screwed?

Unleash Hell

Bama and Ohio state are locks
I believe Clemson is as well.
Who will be left out, Washington or Penn State?
I'm starting to think the Huskies will be left out. Penn state just won arguably the best conference in college football this season and they have 2 top 10 wins (one over Ohio st) compared to Washingtons 1 top 10 win.

I would be thrilled if the Buckeyes get left out and and I think they should,but not happening

Last edited:
No way Washington can be left out. I don't know how the big ten replaced the sec in the echo chamber, but they don't deserve more than 1 team. If the committee wants to screw their champ, so be it.

Has to be ohio state, right? If the committee makes conference championship games obsolete they are playing with fire.
What's worse is that Ohio state didn't even win their division. This is a no brainer if osu does one thing... beat pedo u.

If the end of the season is "the playoffs," then winning and losing toward the end of the season should matter.

The fairest outcome is Ala., Clemson, UDub and Pedo St. PSU has the championship and the head to head over OSU.

Makes me sick thou....

Starting to get feeling UW gets left out. You're going to have Tyrone Willingham and Condoleezza Rice pushing for the pack 12 on the committee......

Penn State won't get in over OSU, the committee was clear there was a large difference in their eyes between both teams. Agree with them or not, they're in the business of picking the 4 best teams, tOSU is certainly more befitting of that title than Penn State. Yeah PSU has the H2H but there's 11/12 other games that matter just as much. Getting rid of divisions, IMO, would solve these sorts of problems 90% of the time.

Penn State won't get in over OSU, the committee was clear there was a large difference in their eyes between both teams. Agree with them or not, they're in the business of picking the 4 best teams, tOSU is certainly more befitting of that title than Penn State. Yeah PSU has the H2H but there's 11/12 other games that matter just as much.

But you could argue Penn state has a better resume than Washington

Proposed Selection Process:

Establish a committee that will be instructed to place an emphasis on winning conference championships, strength of schedule and head to head competition when comparing teams with similar records and pedigree (treat final determination like a tie breaker; apply specific guidelines).

Ped state winning was probably the worst outcome for ohio state. I think they are out.

It's a battle for second place anyway.

Ped state was probably the worst outcome for ohio state. I think they are out.

It's a battle for second place anyway.
I don't think they think PSU and OSU are teams with similar records and pedigree, so they don't have to go to those tie-breakers. I think that's what they were saying when they thought the two teams weren't all that close before this weekend. But I guess we'll see.

I won't cry either way for the b1g.

Puppies are in, the Pac didn't get a team last year...

Bama and Ohio state are locks
I believe Clemson is as well.
Who will be left out, Washington or Penn State?
I'm starting to think the Huskies will be left out. Penn state just won arguably the best conference in college football this season and they have 2 top 10 wins (one over Ohio st) compared to Washingtons 1 top 10 win.

I would be thrilled if the Buckeyes get left out and and I think they should,but not happening

Believe the four will be PSU, OSU, PUPS, and Bama. Clemson sos just not on par with the others. They had one top 20 win (at time of play), and that was Auburn in September. Having said that, I too would be thrilled if OSU gets passed by and the nod goes to conf champs. Which would mean the Tigers get included.

Last year two-loss Pac 12 Champion Stanford wasn't "good enough".
-They destroyed Iowa in the Rose Bowl 45-16 after Michigan State eeked past them 16-13 for the Big title.
-The Pac has won twice as many Rose Bowls when facing the Big Champ as the Big has in the past 50 years
The Pac is tougher and has more depth than the Big in any given year I believe. This year I think we're similar.

Stanford may not have beaten 'Bama (though maybe they would)? We'll never know, but it's sure too bad 'Bama wasn't allowed to play the toughest opponent. Yes, the Pac Champion Stanford.

If this year a one-loss Pac 12 Champ doesn't get in? We may as well scrap the system entirely, or have a winner take all from the SEC-Big Alliance and the P12-B12 Alliance. There is certainly no precedent in not allowing a Pac12 Champion in, unless of course you think of that basketball team from a few years ago.

Either we can argue that if a two loss Pac 12 Champ Stanford can get left out last year (they were great for years), then a two loss PSU (who has sucked recently) should be left out too (given they had twice as many losses as UW and got absolutely clobbered by Michigan - true Top 4 teams don't do that). Or we can switch PSU for OSU. The Big is simply not a good enough conference to get two teams in. It doesn't pass the eyeball test.

The Pac regularly has and will continue to get overlooked. If we get a chance to prove it on the field I could care less, I want our results to speak for themselves. But it's not okay for us to be overlooked to this extent when the only team that looked good yesterday was Alabama. I thought UW looked better than anyone not named Alabama this entire weekend.

If we are going to state that a 1 or 2 loss team from the SEC or Big can get in over any Pac team that is not undefeated, we have a severely unequal playing field where results on the field matter none. I hope it's not like 2003 when the U$C Trojans were the number 1 ranked team in the country and didn't get the chance to play for the title.

Time to step up, Mr. Scott...

(whining/rant done, but if the Pac is left out again I have no choice but to think that none of the recent national titles are truly of an undisputed champ. The playoffs will mean absolutely nothing and all their credibility will be lost).

It should be two loss PSU or OSU. The other should be left out.

No way Washington gets left out. They arent getting dropped out after netting a blowout Top 10 win and conference championship, to go with their 1 loss season

The only speculation is between PSU and tOSU. Same number of wins, PSU has head to head and CCG. The committee has a real opportunity to set the precedent for conference champions this year.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance Washington is left out. Kinda obvious but ratings are going to be higher when good teams from one conference meet other good teams from different conferences. Washington's OOC is the easiest schedule of any Power 5 team, and I don't think the message the committee wants to send is that you can schedule bottom tier teams, and just take care of business in Conference play and still get in. I think Penn State moves up to #4.

No way Washington gets left out. They arent getting dropped out after netting a blowout Top 10 win and conference championship, to go with their 1 loss season

While I agree they shouldn't, it wouldn't surprise me.

The E is esecpn must stand for Eastern. I don't watch them anymore because of their minimal knowledge about teams from the West Coast.

I'm nervous. I think Jake has a shoulder injury on his throwing arm. He hasn't looked right since Oregon. He's had prior injury/overuse issues there. I think UW is the team with the best balance and shot at beating Alabama. I just want the chance to prove it on the field.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance Washington is left out. Kinda obvious but ratings are going to be higher when good teams from one conference meet other good teams from different conferences. Washington's OOC is the easiest schedule of any Power 5 team, and I don't think the message the committee wants to send is that you can schedule bottom tier teams, and just take care of business in Conference play and still get in. I think Penn State moves up to #4.
Washington went 12-1 and won the conference champion in blowout fashion against a top 10 team. There's no precedent for them being left out.

Bama
Tigers
Huskies
Pedo State

Everybody has a chubby for Blowhio State but I say they miss out. Deserving teams get left out every year and this year it should be them. Not even in the championship game and they lost head to head to the conference champ. If they wanted to play for the gold they should have gotten it done on the field.
And I say this with a hatred for Paterno and Pedo State long before the truth about them was know.

Washington scheduled home and home series with Rutgers in 2014 after Rutgers finished a 6-7 season and played in a bowl. They had no way of knowing how bad they would be this year. Michigan scheduled ys for a home only game in 2012 after going 3-10.

Michigan has been rewarded for playing such a tough schedule, while leaving the state and Washington is criticized for playing cupcakes. Why is Washington being punished for trying to schedule a mediocre Rutgers, who turned out terrible, while Michigan applauded for scheduling a terrible Colorado team who turned out good.

It's not going to be that interesting.

Top 4 stays the same: Bama, OSU, Clemson, UW.

Seeding might change, teams don't.

All this drama and I also think same teams 1-4 will be there. Too much love for OSU to swap them with PSU. UW getting left out would be a travesty, only one loss and they played 9 conf games. It will be State Penn vs USC in the Rose and Michigan vs FSU in Orange.

Chalk will hold. You don't leave out Washington after what they did on Friday, and Clemson also took care of business. I'd like to see OSU seeded behind the two conference champions, though.

If OSU gets the nod over 1 of 2 conf champs I'm done w this format. Need the 5 P5 champs and 1or 3 at large bids.

Back