What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who gets screwed?

I think they'll simply take the undefeated team and the three 1-loss teams from the P5.

The only argument I see is whether OSU or PSU is the more worthy B1G representative.

No one. Bama, Clemson, UDub, and OSU.

That would mean Pedo state
As much as I hate them, they deserve it over Ohio state.
Buckeyes didn't even win their division. Penn state beat them, won the B1G and has two wins over top 10 teams.
If we were in Pedo's shoes, we would be furious (more so than 2001) for not getting in.

OSU has the better resume and lost to PSU on the road by a complete special teams meltdown at the end of the game. OSU is far more worthy, and I think the committee decides the same. I do see OSU drop to #4 though for a 1st round Alabama rematch.

Washington scheduled home and home series with Rutgers in 2014 after Rutgers finished a 6-7 season and played in a bowl. They had no way of knowing how bad they would be this year. Michigan scheduled ys for a home only game in 2012 after going 3-10.

Michigan has been rewarded for playing such a tough schedule, while leaving the state and Washington is criticized for playing cupcakes. Why is Washington being punished for trying to schedule a mediocre Rutgers, who turned out terrible, while Michigan applauded for scheduling a terrible Colorado team who turned out good.

I actually don't think Michigan should be applauded either. It was sheer luck that they played Colorado in a year they happened to turn it around.

I feel Michigan is heavily overrated, and is mainly in conversation because of the hype that Harbaugh has generated since he got there. They have lost on the road against the only two good teams they have played, and while they have earned 3 very quality wins, have mainly beat down on the bottom half of their ****ty overrated conference.

Part of me hopes they get in, so their idiotic fanbase which has been clamoring for Alabama all year, gets their wish - and they get skull****ed 50-0.

OSU has the better resume and lost to PSU on the road by a complete special teams meltdown at the end of the game. OSU is far more worthy, and I think the committee decides the same. I do see OSU drop to #4 though for a 1st round Alabama rematch.

This is what had Us Buff fans going crazy about in 2001 though.
We beat Nebraska, we won conference, Nebraska goes to natty.
Still dealing with the same crap.
I hate both penny state and Ohio state, but psu is getting screwed If OSU gets in and they don't

If any 2 loss team gets in ahead of the one loss teams from the P5, then and only then is there controversy. I'm certain the powers that be at ESPN told their people to try to manufacture drama. There should be none. Alabama, Clemson, Washington and Ohio St are clearly the top 4.

If Pedo st gets in it will be a travesty. Yesterday was the first time I've seen them look good, I saw them look like garbage against a lot of garbage teams. I admittedly missed their win over the Buckeyes.

Bama
Clemson
OSU
PSU

The committee will penalize UW for their weak-ass non-conference schedule. I also think that OU will get serious consideration but in the end that's just too big of a jump to go from 9 to 4.

Bama
Clemson
OSU
PSU

The committee will penalize UW for their weak-ass non-conference schedule. I also think that OU will get serious consideration but in the end that's just too big of a jump to go from 9 to 4.

What coast do you live on? Asking for a friend. :D

Of the four criteria the committee uses, PSU has the edge in two (conference champ, head to head), OSU has the edge in one (SoS) and the other is a push (common opponents).

I want a format of 8 to get rid of all this every year, conference champs deserve to be in regardless. But, If I had my way it would be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio state and Washington. I think Ohio state is the better team between them and penn state.

Michigan to the orange, Wisconsin to the cotton, CU and penn state to the rose and
Oklahoma to the sugar. USC can go to the GO **** yourselves and burn in hell bowl.

I know everyone here disagrees but I still don't think USC is deserving of ****, certainly not over Colorado. They got obliterated by Alabama, lost to Utah (we beat them), lost to Stanford (we beat them) and then we beat all the same teams. Common opponents goes to Colorado, division goes to colorado, h2h goes to USC by 4 AT HOME, strength of schedule goes to colorado, OOC USC is #3 and Colorado is #4. Colorado has the better record and the only reason we have 3 losses is because we played an extra game. All 3 of our losses coincide with losing our starting QB, every single time. We also looked competitive against every team we played but Washington. USC looked dreadful in their first 3 games, we never did.

But I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment because I know we'll get ****ed. To be #8 and playing for a conference championship to kicked down to an end of December bowl is total bull****. You shouldn't gain anything by sitting at home, you put yourself there.

I want a format of 8 to get rid of all this every year, conference champs deserve to be in regardless. But, If I had my way it would be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio state and Washington. I think Ohio state is the better team between them and penn state.

Michigan to the orange, Wisconsin to the cotton, CU and penn state to the rose and
Oklahoma to the sugar. USC can go to the GO **** yourselves and burn in hell bowl.

I know everyone here disagrees but I still don't think USC is deserving of ****, certainly not over Colorado. They got obliterated by Alabama, lost to Utah (we beat them), lost to Stanford (we beat them) and then we beat all the same teams. Common opponents goes to Colorado, division goes to colorado, h2h goes to USC by 4 AT HOME, strength of schedule goes to colorado, OOC USC is #3 and Colorado is #4. Colorado has the better record and the only reason we have 3 losses is because we played an extra game. All 3 of our losses coincide with losing our starting QB, every single time. We also looked competitive against every team we played but Washington. USC looked dreadful in their first 3 games, we never did.

But I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment because I know we'll get ****ed. To be #8 and playing for a conference championship to kicked down to an end of December bowl is total bull****. You shouldn't gain anything by sitting at home, you put yourself there.
This. "you shouldn't gain anything by sitting at home, you put yourself there" is probably the strongest argument. If there was no conference championship we'd be in no question, so why punish us for playing an extra game in the conference championship that you didn't even make it to?? Same argument could apply to Penn State, but I think the fact that they were behind OSU going into that game is the big difference and their resumes are not as similar as CU and USC. Also, *4 point win AT HOME, AGAINST THE BACKUP FRESHMAN QB could factor into the "eye test", whatever the hell that means.

If I had to put money on it I'd say USC gets the nod, but I don't think its a sure thing like everyone is making it out to be.

All the "pundits" think and want USC to be in, but that's because they've probably only watched one Buffs game all year and still can't pronounce Liufau's name... the echo chamber at ESPN should not be taken as gold

Last edited:
I'm watching this on ESPN and the head guy asking questions is asking questions like he's ****ing pissed Washington got in. **** YOU ESPN, its not 4 SEC teams and it's not 3 big 10 teams, biased assholes.

This is why I still think CU has a shot at the rose. Outside of the Strength of schedule, division championship and common opponents. We have a highly ranked offense and defense and we beat Arizona, WSU and Utah when they were ranked and we beat a now top 15 Stanford team. We only lost 3 top 10 games. USC beat 1 ranked team that was ranked at the time I believe.

Should we call you a WAAAHHBULANCE?!

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby would like some clarity from College Football Playoff officials on the importance of conference championship games and strength of schedule, he told ESPN on Sunday after the selection committee put 11-1 Ohio State in at No. 3 despite the Buckeyes not winning the Big Ten East Division or their conference title.

Uhh ... dude ... your conference "champion" got boatraced at home by the B1G team that didn't even win its division and yet wound up in the CFP. While I also believe that tOSU didn't necessarily deserve to be in the playoff, I really don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Back