1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wins the WR3 job?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Who is the 3rd starter at WR?

1. Keenan Canty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kyle Cefalo

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Kendrick Celestine

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Jarrod Darden

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Dustin Ebner

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Jason Espinoza

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Will Jefferson

19 vote(s)
    32.2%
  8. Travon Patterson

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  9. Andre Simmons

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

When we lost Simas, Will Jefferson moved into the lead. He's a skilled receiver who is the team's best blocking WR and worked hard on improving his speed in the offseason to become more than a possession receiver.

Assuming he gets an NCAA waiver, Andre Simmons has the ideal size/speed combo and seemed to turn the corner during the spring game.

Kyle Cefalo, a walk on who had the athletic ability to be a scholarship baseball player at Oregon State before transferring to CU, also had a monster spring game and was mentioned as a guy who shined in every practice report.

Then there are the darkhorse candidates: Jason Espinoza, who was 3rd on the team in catches last season and looked good against Toledo; Kendrick Celestine, a fast and talented player who performed as a true freshman but left the program for a while to return this year (shaking the rust off); Jarrod Darden, a big red zone target who was well thought of as a recruit but hasn't had the lightbulb go on yet; Dustin Ebner, a walkon with good size and speed who saw significant game action in 2009; and, Keenan Canty, a lightly recruited freshman who has been impressing over the summer with his speed, quickness and hands.

Now we've added Travon Patterson from USC to the mix, who was dominant in the Trojan spring game and has world class speed.

Who will be the 3rd starter?

2. Hawkmustgo!

Hawkmustgo! New Member

Patterson!

3. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I voted for Ebner but it somehow counted for Darden. WTF?

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I fixed it to Ebner. I was editing the poll (had forgotten Celestine).

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

if we can hold the line long enough to let the QB make his reads, i think Cefalo could be a kind of poor man's John Minardi type "possession" WR. i thought he looked pretty good at the Spring Game. my question is: whether or not he was a product of Cody's tendency to choose a favorite and go to.

I think Cefalo could make some plays.

6. buff190

buff190 Club Member Club Member

I picked Jefferson but I am just happy to have a couple of potentially very good receivers to choose from!!!

7. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

It seems to me if past experience with Hawk has any bearing on things it will be Espinosa. He seems to like to let the talent ride the pine

8. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I will be surprised if Espinoza doesn't get heavy playing time.

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Hopefully Scotty wins it (because 2 other guys have stepped up to be the flankers) so he can finally play in his natural position.

10. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I think Will Jeff will be it, he is very talented and the fact that he can block only helps see the field more

11. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

Not to mention he has a bit of a nasty streak when down field blocking, I was watching him during the Nebraska game and I am surprised he and the corner covering him didn't come to blows during one particular series.

12. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

Espinoza is the answer.

13. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Espinoza, hawk loves this guy.

14. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

exactly. There is no way that Espinoza should have been returning punts last year. You cannot convince me that Simmons was unable to be taught how to catch punts...but Hawk loves espy's work ethic and lunch pail attitude...

I would not be surprised if Patterson wins a starting job. Can anyone update on Ussery? I thought he left for a semester or so to deal with personal things, but what's going on with him?

15. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

I asked that question a few weeks ago, apparently he is back and has moved to Safety.

16. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Went w/WillJeff, but am hopeful that Patterson takes over after he learns the playbook through the course of the season.
    What really excites me is to see we have a multitude of choices (i.e. depth) for the #3 WR compared to the last couple of years where it seemed like the position was filled with whichever able body was available at the time.