1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will CU win another game this season?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Oct 23, 2011.

?

Win another game?

1. yes

54 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. no

46 vote(s)
    46.0%
  1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

@ Arizona St: No chance. Good team and a road game
    USC: I thought we had a chance before the season, Trojans are now playing good. SC should win easy.
    Arizona: Probably our best chance, but Zona looks like they have a fire lit in them now.
    @ UCLA: I would say a chance, but it's a road game
    @ Utah: See @UCLA

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Unfortunately no.

3. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

I said yes. I think Arizona and UCLA. Yes, fucla is a road game but I think we get that monkey off our back.

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

our best chances are UCLA, Zona and Utah. Utah is really banged up and it will just get worse for them.

5. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Does anyone realize how bad we are? At this point even the greatest optimist would doubt we win another game. Only hope is. The freshman learn a lot between now and the end of the season

6. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

End the season on a 3 game winning streak :nod:

7. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

****ing awesome! that would mean we finish the ****ing season at 3 and ****ing 2. Great way to go into next ****ing season especially that we wont have extra ****ing practices for a ****ing bowl game.

8. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Nope. We are really, really, really bad. I don't see how we beat anyone at this point. Our defense is non-existent and our offense is way below average.

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Asu-on the road..no chance

USC at home with woods and barkley...no chance

Arizona with their big talented wr's...no chance

Ucla was a chance until you see it's on the road...no chance

Utah..on the road...no chance.

10. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

I won't be able to match leash for censor stars but I voted no. We have put 3 offense players at CB where they have never played. We can't stop any high school offense. Our own offense stinks due to play calling and personnel issues. The seniors have quit, they will hear about that on Monday. The DC is proven to be inept. The Oline sucks dicks. We might have a punter. CU is a bottom of the barrel team with a poor attitude. We do not just merely suck, we do most sincerely suck. It would be nice to have hope but there is no reason to have hope, for this year at least.

11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yes. Two of the three between Arizona, UCLA, and Utah.

12. wablty

wablty New Member

UCLA and Utah both seem to be capable of being extremely incompetent. Arizona has a QB. Not much else, but they've got a QB and normally when teams that are, frankly, bad collide the one with the better QB will typically win.

13. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I wont say yes but not no either. We have to get some of our injured guys back to have a shot imho. Speedy hasnt had a great year running the ball but he's also a pretty big part of the passing game. Not having him there hurt yesterday for sure. Need some db's to get healthy as well, I mean we are playing true freshmen rb's in the secondary. If we could win 2 or 3 games to finish the year, that would be a pretty big accomplishment considering the hand thats been dealt.

14. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I'd like to say yes, but damn we are god awful right now. Hopefully once we get PRich and a few of the others back we'll be able to knock off Zona or UCLA. UCLA has already given up on the season/Neuheisel, but are we capable of winning on the road? Probably not. It's going to be completely humiliating if we go 0-9 in the conference and carry this road losing streak into another season. It was one thing when we had gone a couple years without a road win, but it's now 4 years this week since the win in Lubbock. Outrageous.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  15. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

they will win one. i would perfer it be UCLA or utah.

16. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

This in particular provoked the thought that there are probably some top 25 high school teams that would beat us right now, especially on road. Bless their hearts but between lack of talent on the part of many of the upperclassmen, the injury bug, inexperience on the part of the freshmen and the culture of defeat I just don't see another victory this year.

It is to the point where it is almost logic defying. Last week coach Embree goes on record saying he sees improvement in some areas including penalties. So what do the Buffs do yesterday? Go right out and fix that little problem by committing a bunch of penalties. I heard the reason was the team speed of Oregon, but I heard similar comments about the Huskies speed too and they kept the penalties down in that game. It is almost like they can't dare be seen looking good in any way. I'd suspect playing for draft position but we don't draft recruits. In the end it is all just part of the culture former coach Hawkins created

17. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

If we can get some of the key injured players back then I say we will. Not sure if Hirshman will learn enough to lead us to another victory or not before Tyler Hanson gets back.

18. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Prior to the Wash game, I thought we'd have a chance in one of these last 3 games to pull out a win, but the way it's looking now, I just don't see it happening.

What a rough year this has been :cry:

19. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

there are 3 winnable games on the schedule... whether or not they get them is another story...ucla and zona

20. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The Buffs could win another game this year... or they might not.

21. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

ASU and USC are probably the only No-Hopers on the schedule. The other three games are possibilities. I'd have to suspect we'll win at least one of those games. It's not like UA, UCLA and Utah are world beaters. We'll win one, maybe two of those games. It'll set the foundation for a hopeful off-season. Next year's schedule isn't half as brutal as this years' was. Depending on how Wood and/or Hirschman play next year and some of the incoming Freshmen pan out, it wouldn't surprise me to see us in a bowl game - next year. We need a lot of help on the OL and defense, though. A LOT OF HELP.

22. Daaah

Those games were winnable before our entire defense went down with injuries. At this point, almost anyone can score at will on us and our offense sucks so there is no way we can keep up.

23. Quattro

Uhh no.

24. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

Yep that. We are irrelevant. Fowler even threw in the towel and he was a homer. Mullen might kick us. There is no spirit or pride on this team. It may be a Hawk hangover but this staff hasn't changed it.

25. Quattro

No high school team in the country would beat a BCS team, ever.

26. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Thank you captain obvious. :smile2:

27. Quattro

Well it's evidently not that obvious if two people in here post it.

28. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Can we quickly make a trade and schedule CSU again?

Actually I think we will win at least one more. We have played a streak of pretty good teams, last three ranked when we played them, two in the top 10 currently. UCLA wants to lose, Utah is thinner and more beat up than we are and will be in the meat of their schedule when we get them.

We should also get some guys back. PRich, Speedy, some of the DBs, a few others should help make us a better team down the stretch. Still not a good team but probably good enough to get another win.

29. Daaah

I hope you're not counting me there, cause I'm not saying we'd lose to a HS team. I'm just saying we'll get beat by UCLA, UA, Utah, and ASU. They are all legit BCS teams with BCS talent. With our injuries, we aren't. I don't like playing the injury card, and I readilly admit that we would still be pretty bad without injuries, but we are pretty much worthless atm.

Yeah, if we joined the MWC. **** that noise.

30. Quattro

Not including you. Was more talking about FIM and Fevor saying we would.