What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wilner: DTV deal likely before football season barring last minute snags

Everyone here is a customer and has every right to bitch.

But I also think people need to keep in mind that what the Pac-12 has accomplished in such a short time is unprecedented.

I further wanted to point out that everyone should consider the good of the program and how important it is to our long-term financial health for the Pac-12 to negotiate hard and get the best possible deals for the conference. 2012 tv coverage will likely be much less than satisfying, but it will be worth it.
stop saying what I've been saying!

But I also think people need to keep in mind that what the Pac-12 has accomplished in such a short time is unprecedented.

I further wanted to point out that everyone should consider the good of the program and how important it is to our long-term financial health for the Pac-12 to negotiate hard and get the best possible deals for the conference. 2012 tv coverage will likely be much less than satisfying, but it will be worth it.

I agree and I'm still gonna bitch. :smile2:

Ive called but screw that. Every time I do, I get a middle eastern dude and cant understand a ****ing word he says.
I am shocked Saheeb and Jugdish were unable to effectively communicate with you. I usually hang up and try again. Most companies still have a stateside phone bank, yuou just have to call over and over until you get a real live native English speaker [no racist].

I agree with you...what really ticks me off is what Larry Scott the used Pac-12 car salesman promised a year ago and what has been delivered so far.

we weren't the ones who set the expectations, Larry Scott did. So now we can't hold him to his promises because the project is too complex? this is what HE announced to us last year:

A deal that the conference calls "innovative" and "transformative" in its press release, the Pac-12 Network will begin in August, 2012 as a two-pronged entity -- one nationally distributed, and six regional networks in Southern California, Northern California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, and the Mountain regions that are directly linked with Time Warner, Comcast, Cox Communications and Bright House Networks.

so now here it is August 2012 and we don't have a nationally distributed channel and most of us don't have the regional networks either.

There are a lot of wadded panties in this thread.

Honestly I could care less whether you guys get to see the games or not as long as those $20+mil checks clear. We need money more than viewers right now.

Patience waved bye bye to our society long ago. Lefty, I did hang up the first time. I called back, got another English challenged individual and politely told him could I talk to someone I can understand? He transfers me to another middle eastern guy, dude was probably laughing his ass off.

Honestly I could care less whether you guys get to see the games or not as long as those $20+mil checks clear. We need money more than viewers right now.

I wonder if Bohn will actually agree with you since it has been reported that CU will have to be reaching the non-alumni fans to money towards the Folsom Field improvements. CU cannot rely on alumni alone and must reach as many people as possible sooner than later. That is where exposure is a bigger deal than the money CU will be getting from its media deals. CU makes money off every t-shirt with "CU" or "Go Buffs" on it...keep that in mind.

I wonder if Bohn will actually agree with you since it has been reported that CU will have to be reaching the non-alumni fans to money towards the Folsom Field improvements. CU cannot rely on alumni alone and must reach as many people as possible sooner than later. That is where exposure is a bigger deal than the money CU will be getting from its media deals. CU makes money off every t-shirt with "CU" or "Go Buffs" on it...keep that in mind.

It doesnt even come close to $20m. Buy season tickets Nash.

Patience waved bye bye to our society long ago. Lefty, I did hang up the first time. I called back, got another English challenged individual and politely told him could I talk to someone I can understand? He transfers me to another middle eastern guy, dude was probably laughing his ass off.
lol...I got a guy one time who said his name was "Dennis". Imagine Mohandas Ghandi telling you his name is Dennis and you'll get the idea. I kept asking him where he was and he said Denver. I said wow, I didn't know Sony had a customer support office in Denver. I then asked him where in Denver and what the weather was like...he hung up.

is there any way to get the pac 12 network in high def via comcast in the denver area?

Last edited:
On The Mountain?

That would be interesting....

:lol: That cracked me up. The Mtn. or the Pac-12 Mountain channel? :lol:

Thanks for the laugh...I needed it today. One thing is for certain is that I will probably be seeing the CSU-CU game this weekend but after this weekend, there will be some unhappy CU fans and I might not be one of them due to what I have with Comcast. I'm happy to start up a Twitter storm on the Pac-12's Twitter feed.

This is going to be the last time I address this issue that I have been ranting about all morning long. Larry Scott talked a lot about exposure and so far with what is required to have the Pac-12 Network, Larry Scott has fallen short in delivering on his promises...maybe not to me or Pac-12 fans within the conference's footprint but Pac-12 fans outside that footprint. Please be understanding and sympatheic to those fans who can't watch their team play including CU fans. I'm not saying that applies to CSU fans.

I'll hold off on my yearly donation and company match to see how things shake out. Why should I subsidize other people's enjoyment :smile2: My donation is a drop in the bucket compared to 20+ million anyway.

I think we should send Obama on a unicorn, naked of course, over to Larry Scott's office to broker a deal with Directv....

From where? Did he go down there in his slicker and start throwing sandbags lol, id be impressed if so. Sorry chip, just jokin around.

Yeah that would be great.:rolling_eyes:

Yes, it would for the fans. Not so much for the school's bottom line though. If the Network failed, then they would be forced to find another way to gain exposure and the local fans would have a better chance of seeing the games on basic cable like CSU will. Fans win and over time, the school will too as the support grows. The problem for the school though, is no big pay day up front and they will have to win and put out a good product in order to make long term profits. In the end though, the fan wins big!

This thinking will kill the program. If no one gives a **** about the program because they haven't seen it in years, what good will all those new facility upgrades be? The fanbase has withered away and eroded too much for anyone to care. I have to say, I love some CU football, but if they are going to shut me out, I can see me finding plenty of other things to do and watch in Colorado.

This thinking will kill the program. If no one gives a **** about the program because they haven't seen it in years, what good will all those new facility upgrades be? The fanbase has withered away and eroded too much for anyone to care. I have to say, I love some CU football, but if they are going to shut me out, I can see me finding plenty of other things to do and watch in Colorado.

"Because they haven't seen it in years"? There is nothing at all about making that statement before a single game hasn't been televised on a portion of media outlets in the country. Nothing at all.

Timbuff, just stop. You are giving us whiners a bad name.

As frustrated as I am with DirecTV I think what the PAC-12 has accomplished in this amount of time is impressive. You live in Colorado. You have more options than a lot of us.

is there any way to get the pac 12 network in high def via comcast in the denver area?

The only HD channel I've seen so far is 840. I'm not sure what free **** I got from Concast when i activated it again but I'd check 840.

Easy for you to say that when you are not someone who could be on call 24/7 at times like myself. For people like that, buying season tickets isn't an option.

I used to be on call 24/7 and that didn't keep me from going to games.

Back