What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would an Automatic Bid for the Mnt West Impact CU?

"Last season" How about any season. You know what i'm talking about,i t doesn't need explained, you've seen the posts over there the last 5-6 years.

As I stated previously, it is a completely subjective exercise so who really knows. But I would say the 2002 season CSU would have been extremely competitive in the North and could have potentially won the division.

As I stated previously, it is a completely subjective exercise so who really knows. But I would say the 2002 season CSU would have been extremely competitive in the North and could have potentially won the division.

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. csu barely beat most of the scrubs in thier own conference that year. Go sell your dream somewhere else.

If CSU is going to make the cut, they need to be able to succeed without CU on their schedule.

The CSU program is co-dependent on CU for a substantial chunk of revenue, and as a rallying point for the Ram fan base. CSU needs to wean itself from this toxic relationship.

When the powers that be at the BCS are begging the MWC teams to join, then it will be time. It shouldn't be the other way around.

The CSU program is co-dependent on CU for a substantial chunk of revenue, and as a rallying point for the Ram fan base. CSU needs to wean itself from this toxic relationship.

:iagree:

The only time I ever heard CSWho fans talk about their football program is when it's in relation to CU.

The only time I ever heard CSWho fans talk about their football program is when it's in relation to CU.

Which at the end of the day isn't any different than Buff's fans comparing their program to Nebraska which has been as historically dominant and whose fans are just as dismissive. It's all relative I guess, with each groups fan base wanting it's program to take that next perceptual step. With Nebraska being a national brand, CU being a regional brand, and CSU being a state and local brand.

Last edited:
Which at the end of the day isn't any different than Buff's fans comparing their program to Nebraska which has been as historically dominant and whose fans are just as dismissive. It's all relative I guess, with each groups fan base wanting it's program to take that next perceptual step. With Nebraska being a national brand; CU being a regional brand, and CSU being a piece of **** brand.

fify

Which at the end of the day isn't any different than Buff's fans comparing their program to Nebraska which has been as historically dominant and whose fans are just as dismissive. It's all relative I guess, with each groups fan base wanting it's program to take that next perceptual step. With Nebraska being a national brand; CU being a regional brand, and CSU being a state and local brand.

Oh stop. I know CSU fans love to make that connection, but it simply doesn't equate. Nebraska is a mediocre program right now. Frankly, so are we, but we'd rather compare ourselves to Texas or Oklahoma than Nebraska. That's what we're shooting for, not the giant pile of mediocrity in stincoln.

Which at the end of the day isn't any different than Buff's fans always comparing their program to Nebraska which has been as historically dominant and whose fans are just as dismissive. It's all relative I guess, with each groups fan base wanting it's program to take that next perceptual step. With Nebraska being a national brand; CU being a regional brand, and CSU being a state and local brand.

This is a well crafted arguement for 1998, or Big 8.
For whatever reason, Nebraska has not really been as much of a power as the B12 organizors might have liked. As Nebraska's fortunes have wained since the 2001 game, CU's fan base has mellowed towards kNU. The Nubs still have the historical series record and know how to pack their concrete monstrosity of a stadium. But CU does not envy kNU' current coaching staff or talent. The Callahan experiment was a disaster.

In fact, CU has done better winning the B12N than any other school. Any more, CU understands that winning the north requires beating Mizzou or KU.

The measuring stick for CU these days is Oklahoma or Texas. CU fans sell out Folsom for more teams than just kNU. It is here where this CSU argument breaks down.

This is a well crafted arguement for 1998, or Big 8. For whatever reason, Nebraska has not really been as much of a power as the B12 organizors might have liked.

True enough, but it hasn't stopped Nebraska fans from being as dismissive towards the CU program as CU fans are towards CSU.

The measuring stick for CU these days is Oklahoma or Texas.

If by measuring stick you mean aspirational goal. Certainly, CU and almost every other major college football program would love to reach the sustained levels of success those programs have experienced both historically and recently. But if you are trying to use them for purposes of comparison to evaluate the current state of the programs, there isn't a comparison to be made.

True enough, but it hasn't stopped Nebraska fans from being as dismissive towards the CU program as CU fans are towards CSU.

If by measuring stick you mean aspirational goal. Certainly, CU and almost every other major college football program would love to reach the sustained levels of success those programs have experienced both historically and recently. But if you are trying to use them for purposes of comparison to evaluate the current state of the programs, there isn't a comparison to be made.

We'll see about that after CU goes undefeated and wins the national championship this season :smile2:

I agree, much like utah and tcu for you guys.

I agree, much like utah and tcu for you guys.

Agreed. CSU hasn't come close to comparing to the recent success those programs have had. I would love to see the program get to that point. Although, I imagine CU fans would have loved to experience the levels of success Utah and TCU hit last season as well.

Last edited:
Agreed. CSU hasn't come close to comparing to the recent success those programs have had. I would love to see the program get to that point. Although, I imagine CU fans would have loved to experience the levels of success Utah and TCU hit last season as well.

I'd love to have a winning season, and csu would like to have the success of missouri or a kansas as well. We can do this all day.If the mwc gets a bid so be it.

Start playing georgia,WV, texas,oklahoma on the road and see where csu is at. You'll also have to expand slf .

Why aspire to a Camero or Trans-Am when you could admire a Farrari?

I admire Florida and Texas and even Oklahoma's program over the Utes and the 'Frogs.

It will be interesting to watch TCU and Utah lobby to earn their fair shake for respectibility.

CSU will either find them selves as part of TCU/BYU/Utah's BCS entourage, or CSU will be left out when these programs defect and find a place in an existing BCS conference.

Why aspire to a Camero or Trans-Am when you could admire a Farrari?

I admire Florida and Texas and even Oklahoma's program over the Utes and the 'Frogs.

It will be interesting to watch TCU and Utah lobby to earn their fair shake for respectibility.

CSU will either find them selves as part of TCU/BYU/Utah's BCS entourage, or CSU will be left out when these programs defect and find a place in an existing BCS conference.

I don't think TCU and Utah are much of a threat to leave the conference because of facility improvements that would need to be in place before such a move could be made. BYU on the other hand could be a threat to leave for the PAC-10 if a BCS bid was not achieved. My guess if that were to happen is you would see the MWC bring in Boise State and start the campaign process all over again.

The fact that the MWC fields at least three BCS caliber programs is a solid start to ensuring that a bid is secured.

Last edited:
I don't think TCU and Utah are much of a threat to leave the conference because of facility improvements that would need to be in place before such a move could be made. BYU on the other hand could be a threat to leave for the PAC-10 if a BCS bid was not achieved. My guess if that were to happen is you would see the MWC bring in Boise State and start the campaign process all over again.

The fact that the MWC fields at least three BCS caliber programs is a solid start to ensuring that a bid is secured.

If Utah played in the SEC last year they would have last atleast 2-3 games IMO. And I thought Utah had excellent facilities from the Olympics

Ok so here's the thing...maybe CSU would deserve to be in a BCS conference if they were ranked more than twice at the end of the season in their history:lol:

AT LEAST? I hope CSU joins the big 12 and byu joins the pac 10 and utah goes to the sec. Then, you'll see how bcs they are. They won't be playing san diego state,unlv,new mexico wyoming etc....

AT LEAST? I hope CSU joins the big 12 and byu joins the pac 10 and utah goes to the sec. Then, you'll see how bcs they are. They won't be playing san diego state,unlv,new mexico wyoming etc....

Well CSU would likely be as competitive or more competitive than Iowa State and Kansas State have been the last couple of years and look to be this season.

Your kidding yourself if you don't think BYU could compete in the Pac-10. They certainly aren't going to be challenging USC anytime soon, but no program in that conference has competed with them since Carrol arrived.

Utah in the SEC? Sure they'd struggle. As would any University that was playing in a conference with no regional affiliation or consistent access to southern recruiting pipelines.

Last edited:
Well CSU would likely be more competetive than Iowa State and Kansas State have been the last couple of years and look to be this season.

Your kidding yourself if you don't think BYU could compete in the Pac-10.

Utah in the SEC? Sure they'd struggle. As would any University that was playing that conference with no regional affiliation or consistent access to southern recruiting pipelines.

You know what I meant about utah.

You can't even beat cu and we've had 3 straight losing seasons. K-state is the only team you could beat.

Back