What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wow! Bringing down the BCS via the IRS???

You need to wake up to reality, brother. Either that or go root for a perennial winner like Alabama or Ohio State.

You need lots of luck in addition to skill to survive 4 rounds of a college football playoff. If the NCAA Tournament added a few more rounds, that would make it harder for everyone to make it all the way through to the Final Four. And it would serve to weed out all but the very best of programs. Sure, as a CU fan you want us to run the table over the Floridas and USCs of the world. But that would never happen these days because as it relates to football, CU is not on that elite level anymore. This means we'd be victims more than beneficiaries of a playoff system. So while it may have helped us in the late 80s / early 90s, I doubt it would going forward.

A. whether we are 0-12 or 12-0 i'm a buff fan and always will be...when we go to a playoff and you are on a buckeye board i'll know why.

B. So, let me see if I'm tracking you here...we should support the BCS set-up as it is now so our weak ass football team can win a national championship it doesn't deserve because there are better teams out there that would beat us if we actually had to play them? you are an idiot.

you want to get a national championship but not earn one...

C. The Basketball tournament is a terrible argument for your cause, since 2000:

Michigan State - 5 Final Fours; 1 Championships
North Carolina - 4 Final Fours; 2 Championships
Duke - 3 Final Fours; 2 Championships
UCLA - 3 Final Fours
Florida - 3 Final Fours; 2 Championships

Does the best team always win...no, but it wins most of the time. Does the best team win the super bowl every year...no, but whoever wins earns it. When we win another NC (whenever that is) I would much rather win under a playoff format than the BS we have in place now. It is sad to me that you would rather somebody give you an undeserved title than an earned one...stop being a pussy.

D. Scenario...Star Alabama player goes down with an injury, Alabama loses to south carolina, boise state and ohio state go to the bcs title game...is anybody going to give a **** when OSU mops the floor with BSU? nope...everybody is going to say that it should've been Alabama or South Carolina or Oregon or whomever else you want to throw in there.

The BCS format is weak as **** and doesn't measure the true champion year in and year out. Let em settle it on the field...you are either hawks sister or youve been adopting his logic. have an orange slice and a juicebox, and if everybody feels bad for you and likes you maybe you can be a champion someday.

I wish they made adult-sized juice boxes. I stole one of my son's this afternoon and found it completely unsatisfying. I was sucking air almost immediately and would have needed at least 4 of them. They seem to work fine for a 2 year old, though.

Now orange slices, those are just plain good. I wonder if I can get my wife to peel and separate oranges for me. It's kind of a pain in the ass.

Back