What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WSU Game Visit

LWoodCoug17

Hey y'all,

Coug fan coming down for the game in Boulder in a few weeks! Haven't been to Boulder but have only heard amazing things about CU, Boulder, the stadium, etc. Very excited for the trip and a great game. What kind of weather should we expect November 10th?

Flying in early Friday morning to Denver. Anything we should check out that morning in Denver? I have been a few times, but in the summer. What's the best way to get to Boulder from the airport? What's the best way to get to the Red Rocks park if we wanted to do that? We probably aren't renting a car, but we could.

For Boulder, we are staying at the WSU team hotel, the Marriott in Westminster. Easy to get into downtown Boulder from there? Any bars or restaurants we have to check out? Our group members are 27-33 years old, so not necessarily looking for college bars, but we wouldn't hate them if we found one.

For gameday, lots of tailgating around the stadium, or more of a focus on campus/area bars pre-game? What time does Ralphie run?

Thanks for the tips and the advice! Good luck the next few weeks!

Just check it out and hike around? What should I be looking for? haha
I think there are plenty of other plAces to go if you are looking to hike around if there isn’t an event going on there. It’s not a bad place to go though.

Hey y'all,

Coug fan coming down for the game in Boulder in a few weeks! Haven't been to Boulder but have only heard amazing things about CU, Boulder, the stadium, etc. Very excited for the trip and a great game. What kind of weather should we expect November 10th?

Flying in early Friday morning to Denver. Anything we should check out that morning in Denver? I have been a few times, but in the summer. What's the best way to get to Boulder from the airport? What's the best way to get to the Red Rocks park if we wanted to do that? We probably aren't renting a car, but we could.

For Boulder, we are staying at the WSU team hotel, the Marriott in Westminster. Easy to get into downtown Boulder from there? Any bars or restaurants we have to check out? Our group members are 27-33 years old, so not necessarily looking for college bars, but we wouldn't hate them if we found one.

For gameday, lots of tailgating around the stadium, or more of a focus on campus/area bars pre-game? What time does Ralphie run?

Thanks for the tips and the advice! Good luck the next few weeks!
Blow me.

Welcome, now get me a sammich, bitch.

Activities will be defined by the weather. It could be a sunny 60, a windy and cold 20, something in between or all of the above.

I highly recommend finding an AirBnB in between Pearl Street and the stadium. This allows for walking/staggering around and getting a cheap Lyft.

Westminster is chosen to keep temptation down amongst the players.

If good weather - get up before sunrise and watch dawn break from flagstaff mountain. Eat breakfast at The Buff resaurant. Spend the day walking campus and The Hill. Spend the evening on Pearl Street. (License No1 under Hotel Boulderado)
On game day, it’s fun to catch early games at the Dark Horse.

Good weather opens up golf, fly fishing, renting a bike, hiking, trip to Rocky Mtn Nat Park.

If it’s crap weather, then head up to Eldora, try some snow skiing and embrace the suck. Makes the hot booze at the bar taste otherworldly. Alternately hang out at the Sink or Dark Horse and drink the day away.
Or drive to Blackhawk/Central City and gamble.

Red Rocks in November with no show is 2 on a scale of 10. A Red Rocks summer concert with a band you like is an 11.

EDIT: Ski Eldora scheduled to open 11/16.
Ski Loveland and ABasin are open

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't spend much time in Denver; the mountains are better. Take a day up to Rocky Mountain National Park. But if you're intent on being in Denver for a while, go by the Great Divide Brewery tap room.

Denver is awesome. Mountains are great too, but you could spend the day in Denver on Friday and then go up to Rocky Mountain on Sunday.

Thanks for the insight! Any other places specifically?

Three hiking options

Eldorado Canyon (a few miles s of Boulder) easy hike - views of rock climbing. Easier to park.9C602C95-FE22-49C9-93B5-64E9CCC1C679.jpeg

Chautauqua Park (base of flatirons)
Popular - can be hard to park.
AB2744E7-9994-4CA3-9F26-F3205514EC84.jpeg

Mt Sanitas (w of downtown).
Get to the top of a mountain - test some fitness
DF42081F-2302-4F72-BFE0-1E661590DF00.jpeg

wasn't the NU @ CU 19-19 tie game played on November 2nd in 2 degree weather ?
Please check the forecast. It could be anywhere from 2-72

Hi Coug,

Nice team you've got this year. No trip to Boulder is complete without lunch at The Sink, it's the iconic college bar of CU. Make sure you're able to get there before the game.

Back