What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Xavier Johnson

You do know that talking **** after the fact when you didn't talk any beforehand just makes you look like a pussy, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was here beforehand. Wasn't necessarily talking trash though. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure where this was directed, but I just didn't love the way the end of the game unfolded. It probably didn't help that the broadcast kept showing the jackass with the blue face celebrating those buckets too.

Wasn't directed at anyone personally. General comment that you expect both teams to play hard for 40 minutes and do their best to execute on both ends of the court no matter which players are in the game.

How can you take offense at that? He was just a kid excited to see his team having its best game since Arizona took apart Duke in the Sweet 16 a few years back. I felt bad for him that, despite his efforts, he was wearing a color closer to Duke's baby blue than Arizona's navy.

Primarily because he looked to be talking trash after every basket and the only CU fans I could see on-screen looked to be about 8 years old (and no, he wasn't directing it toward them). Maybe it looked worse than it was. I was in a pretty bad mood by the time that happened. I think you're making more of my comments than I'm intending though. We got out teeth kicked in. The only bitter taste I have from this one is the way the team quit after that 2nd half run. I hated to see that.

Wasn't directed at anyone personally. General comment that you expect both teams to play hard for 40 minutes and do their best to execute on both ends of the court no matter which players are in the game.

Gotcha. Yeah, we couldn't have defended the AB all-stars last night.

Primarily because he looked to be talking trash after every basket and the only CU fans I could see on-screen looked to be about 8 years old (and no, he wasn't directing it toward them). Maybe it looked worse than it was. I was in a pretty bad mood by the time that happened. I think you're making more of my comments than I'm intending though. We got out teeth kicked in. The only bitter taste I have from this one is the way the team quit after that 2nd half run. I hated to see that.

Makes sense and I can relate. Every team has hard nights. For the most part, this hoops season has been a magic carpet ride but football season pretty much always leaves me feeling frustrated and moody on numerous occasions.

Makes sense and I can relate. Every team has hard nights. For the most part, this hoops season has been a magic carpet ride but football season pretty much always leaves me feeling frustrated and moody on numerous occasions.
Don't even...

Arizona basketball seems to be one of those teams that has a contingent of fans who wrap up the whole of their self-identity in the team. I love sports, and the Buffs, but it's undeniably strange when you run across people like that.

Arizona basketball seems to be one of those teams that has a contingent of fans who wrap up the whole of their self-identity in the team. I love sports, and the Buffs, but it's undeniably strange when you run across people like that.

It almost always happens with fans from nice places.

The only thing that really bothered me was the bench going nuts over a fast break dunk when they were up 30 with 30 seconds left. That was a little too much for me, considering they should've shut it down well before then. That said, if you don't like it, do something to stop it, and we just didn't get it done.

I didn't have a problem with that. They had their scrubs in the game for the limited minutes they get each season and they were doing great. No different than when we have a big lead and Mills, Gamble or any of the other walkons have nice plays when the game is out of reach. Our starters are jumping up and down to support them.

It almost always happens with fans from nice places.

Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Colorado's a damn gorgeous place, though Tucson's nice in it's own way. Went to law school there and stayed for 18 years.

Now I'm in Bellingham Washington. Photo is taken today -- the view behind my home.

Okay, time to go out and play in the snow. We don't get much of it here so one has to enjoy it when one can.

Resized woods photo.jpg

Last edited:
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Colorado's a damn gorgeous place, though Tucson's nice in it's own way. Went to law school there and stayed for 18 years.

Now I'm in Bellingham Washington. Photo is taken today -- the view behind my home.

Okay, time to go out and play in the snow. We don't get much of it here so one has to enjoy it when one can.

View attachment 13817

nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana and Kentucky. Why would you suspect sarcasm? I've heard Tuscon is a nice town--maybe the portion of your fanbase that is externally validated by their team shatters my "****ty place, parochial fans" theory.

I'm from the Pacific Northwest originally. It's nice up there.

nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana and Kentucky. Why would you suspect sarcasm? I've heard Tuscon is a nice town--maybe the portion of your fanbase that is externally validated by their team shatters my "****ty place, parochial fans" theory.

I'm from the Pacific Northwest originally. It's nice up there.

Ok, got it. We do have many fans who need to get a life beyond basketball. I think it goes with having a great team. For some people, their whole world seems to rise and fall with the fate of the Cats. I want to say, "Hey guys, it's just a game. Win or lose, we all go back to our jobs, our wives, our families."

Ok, got it. We do have many fans who need to get a life beyond basketball. I think it goes with having a great team. For some people, their whole world seems to rise and fall with the fate of the Cats. I want to say, "Hey guys, it's just a game. Win or lose, we all go back to our jobs, our wives, our families."

Do you really think the PGU crowd has jobs and families?

Do you really think the PGU crowd has jobs and families?

No reason to single out ACE and PGU. A good number of the posters on GoAZCats are tools, too.

Why can't Arizona fans enjoy the win for what it was?

One constipated old cuss over there ignores 99.9% of Tad Boyle's post game quotes, only to find the 8 words that fit his special agenda to characterize Boyle as some kind of winey pants chump.

Boyle quote in question: "Hat's off to Arizona. But they aren't 27 points better than us. But our team has to own (up to) this and then learn from it."

I totally get that the scoreboard says Arizona was 27 points better than the Buffs last night and 12 points better in Tempe.
But on the balance, Boyle is paid to do better than loose by 27 points at home, and he more than owned up to that fact.

Boyle's full quotes:
Well, my hat goes off to Arizona; they whipped us tonight in every which way you can whip a team. Our fans and our seniors deserve better than they got tonight and for that, I’m truly sorry. It was a disappointing performance by our team and I have to look square in the mirror on that, as their coach; I didn’t do a very good job tonight. We’re going to get better from this, but we’re a better team than the way we played tonight; you can’t get away with the way we played against a team like Arizona. I can’t emphasize how good they are defensively; there are 11 other teams in the PAC-12 and then there’s Arizona.

No reason to single out ACE and PGU. A good number of the posters on GoAZCats are tools, too.

Why can't Arizona fans enjoy the win for what it was?

One constipated old cuss over there ignores 99.9% of Tad Boyle's post game quotes, only to find the 8 words that fit his special agenda to characterize Boyle as some kind of winey pants chump.

Boyle quote in question: "Hat's off to Arizona. But they aren't 27 points better than us. But our team has to own (up to) this and then learn from it."

I totally get that the scoreboard says Arizona was 27 points better than the Buffs last night and 12 points better in Tempe.
But on the balance, Boyle is paid to do better than loose by 27 points at home, and he more than owned up to that fact.

Boyle's full quotes:
Well, my hat goes off to Arizona; they whipped us tonight in every which way you can whip a team. Our fans and our seniors deserve better than they got tonight and for that, I’m truly sorry. It was a disappointing performance by our team and I have to look square in the mirror on that, as their coach; I didn’t do a very good job tonight. We’re going to get better from this, but we’re a better team than the way we played tonight; you can’t get away with the way we played against a team like Arizona. I can’t emphasize how good they are defensively; there are 11 other teams in the PAC-12 and then there’s Arizona.

I was being polite, because a few posters have been nice enough to stop by and apologize. I've actually been pretty disappointed with the number of ****heads representing dick ***** nation--I don't get the impression it's a few bad seeds. It is what it is. Different fanbases actually do have different character.

And while they're all different in their own ways, are there any fanbases we actually like? I'm starting to wonder if I just dislike fans in general. Arizona=too low class. nebraska=too self-important and hypocritical. Illinois=too bland. Baylor=too stupid, self-righteous and disengenuous. K-State=too hick. Alabama=priorities too out of wack. Oregon=too methy. Cal=too involved in academic rankings. Stanford=too apathetic. USC=too super-douchy. Texas=too superior. CSU=too delusional. etc...ad naseum.

A brief survey of all D-1 teams reveals I only like Colorado, Wisconsin and Washington State. The rest can go **** themselves.

I was being polite, because a few posters have been nice enough to stop by and apologize. I've actually been pretty disappointed with the number of ****heads representing dick ***** nation--I don't get the impression it's a few bad seeds. It is what it is. Different fanbases actually do have different character.

And while they're all different in their own ways, are there any fanbases we actually like? I'm starting to wonder if I just dislike fans in general. Arizona=too low class. nebraska=too self-important and hypocritical. Illinois=too bland. Baylor=too stupid, self-righteous and disengenuous. K-State=too hick. Alabama=priorities too out of wack. Oregon=too methy. Cal=too involved in academic rankings. Stanford=too apathetic. USC=too super-douchy. Texas=too superior. CSU=too delusional. etc...ad naseum.

A brief survey of all D-1 teams reveals I only like Colorado, Wisconsin and Washington State. The rest can go **** themselves.

You're from Oregon so know better than me, but Oregon State seems harmless enough.

Yeah, I really like those guys. I grew up a Duck fan, but I root for the Beavers now. Add them to the list.

So aside from us, you pretty much are just interested in Cougars and Beavers?

And Badgers, which is where I think we part company....

Yeah, I really like those guys. I grew up a Duck fan, but I root for the Beavers now. Add them to the list.

So aside from us, you pretty much are just interested in Cougars and Beavers?

And Badgers, which is where I think we part company....

Beavers, Cougars, and Shockers. Don't forget the Shockers.
Wichita State fans are the tits.

I liked the UGA fans too. Especially when they buy season tickets, use one and give the others to charity. That is a class move. Don't know how many did it, but I was impressed with the thought.

I liked the UGA fans too. Especially when they buy season tickets, use one and give the others to charity. That is a class move. Don't know how many did it, but I was impressed with the thought.

UGA also paid freight for Ralphie to travel to Athens and run between the hedges. They wanted the two best mascots in the NCAA on the same field at the same time. Bulldogs are good peeps.

Speaking of Bulldogs, the Fresno State AD won some good will following the Boulder floods.

Lighten up #33

http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2013.html

Back