What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your final thoughts on 2018 recruiting class?

There were clear defensive issues. The Defensive problems were more talent based (up front) and poor tackling than play calling. Poor offensive performances also hurt the defense. Next year will be a better year to judge Eliot as a DC and play caller.

We will just have to disagree. I think there has been too much effort to compartmentalize the issues on defense last year. It was all bad.

I think he is very inspiring to his team. He’s genuine, sincere and wears his heart on his sleeve with how much he cares. I don’t know that he is cool or funny or naturally charismatic. But I think that players and coaches respond to him. I know I prefer working for people like that over guys who are at least a little bit shining me on. MM’s a solid guy and a professional. Not a great fit for everyone because he leaves no doubt who is in charge and will play favorites with players & coaches who do things the right way (in context, his way) over talent. Really big on people knowing their role, starring in their role, and him being the decider on if their role should expand.

The nicest coach I ever spent any time with was Dean Smith who was really kind of a quiet guy. Genuine, high character just like so many guys out there. In addition to all that, he had a way of getting people to jump over mountains for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I mentioned above, I also believe there is a responsibility for a Head Coach to basically overrule an OC/playcaller when he knows something should be done a certain way. How many times throughout the season did we watch Lindsay and the running game just gash a defense all the way down the field and then as soon as they get the ball back, they go 3 incomplete passes and a punt with 20 seconds being taken off the clock? That sort of thing is going to happen from time to time, but it happened all too often in 2017, and if he's going to be a CEO-type coach, Mac needs to do a better job at reining that type of thing in.

I think you make a good point and I do think he did something. He fired his OC/QB coach.

I remember when Eddie Crowder made the move from small zone blocking linemen to bigger, stronger power blockers. It takes time to transition the talent and to implement the scheme. I think we are a year away from seeing the OL blossom and start pushing teams around. Boys to men.

I remember when Eddie Crowder made the move from small zone blocking linemen to bigger, stronger power blockers. It takes time to transition the talent and to implement the scheme. I think we are a year away from seeing the OL blossom and start pushing teams around. Boys to men.
Completely agree on the inside, we still have a ways to go at tackle though. Ray, Sherman, polley and roddick are all freaks compared to the freshman that came in the first couple of years.

The nicest coach I ever spent any time with was Dean Smith who was really kind of a quiet guy. Genuine, high character just like so many guys out there. In addition to all that, he had a way of getting people to jump over mountains for him.
And almost single-handedly responsible for the college shot clock.

Back