What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

In general, how do the Oklahoma's and Texas's of the Big 12 fare again QB's that are mobile, versus pro style quarterbacks? Thats a good indicator of who we should be recruiting. IE, To beat the best, should we go after the Reesings, and Zac Robinsons in recruiting, or the less fleet footed type, that have size. Ideally, we get a guy that has both size and speed, but it seems awfully hard to recruit the complete package because were not big boi status yet.

Oklahoma did what I consider to be a decent job abainst Tebow in the MNC game last year. I don't think it matters much, to be honest. Those two teams are far and away better than anything else in the conference.

Do not post warnings of who I can argue with. Your just stiffling discourse absinthe. I'm appreciative of Sackman's inputs. All that I ask, is that if you rebut a claim, do so cordially which I intend to do from now on.

Just a suggestion man, but I think you might want to lighten up a bit.

Let me also just say I'm a big fan of Mr. Valdez J. Been following his stuff for the past couple of years, why I come here as oppose to netbuffs. But like I said, no one should feel like there getting walked over for voicing what they feel is a legitmate opinion. Thanks once again Sackman.

Let me also just say I'm a big fan of Mr. Valdez J. Been following his stuff for the past couple of years, why I come here as oppose to netbuffs. But like I said, no one should feel like there getting walked over for voicing what they feel is a legitmate opinion. Thanks once again Sackman.

You are new here then :lol:

I wasn't trying to publicly insult you, or come at you in any way. If it came out that way then I apologize.

Just another point (which may sound stupid to some, but something that should be noted) I've followed your guys input since being a freshman. I'm a big fan. Likewise, there are probably other current freshmen or youngsters reading your input; people that are impressionable. Thus, while you may feel like your having a private conversation with guys at the bar, ie light hearted banter; others may not recognize this. Out of respect for those that are impressionable, I like to remain civil, and to the point. This might make me look pretencious, but thats just who I am. No matter how stupid I deem the opinion, I'm not going to label it as stupid, because who I am to say I'm better than someone else I've never met.

I wasn't trying to publicly insult you, or come at you in any way. If it came out that way then I apologize.

Also, may have been a vast overreaction on my part. I appreciate that man.

Dude, it is an internet message board. No need to get worked up or offended. It is meant to be fun here. That is what we strive for here. If you cannot laugh a least a little, this board is not much fun to read.

Dude, it is an internet message board. No need to get worked up or offended. It is meant to be fun here. That is what we strive for here. If you cannot laugh a least a little, this board is not much fun to read.

Thats true. All I'm saying, being gentle with people when its their first time. (Oh comeon, stop thinking dirty thoughts....)

I don't want to see this board become a place where people will get ridiculed for their thoughts (unless they're fusker fans). Some boards have an arrogance to them if you know what I mean. I don't want to see that happen here.

Sometimes I do get worked up when talking about something I'm so passionate about. I'm sure it's the same with Canada_Buff and many other posters on this board. I hope we can set aside what happened a couple days ago and move on.

Thats true. All I'm saying, being gentle with people when its their first time. (Oh comeon, stop thinking dirty thoughts....)

Gentle? You're a canuck, tough hockey background, lighten up. We all get blasted from time to time,laugh at yourself and things will be fine.:thumbsup:

spaceball.gif

3093214590_d034119f4b.jpg
spaceball.gif

Los Gatos (CA) quatrerback Nick Hirschman eludes Palo Alto (CA) linebacker Sean Keohane to score a two-point conversion in the California Interscholastic Federation Central Coast Section Championship. Los Gatos won 29-23.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1115/3093214590/

Here's a quote I found on the VolNation board.
"I studied film on him earlier this year, and he had a long delivery," Every said. "He looked big, chunky and slow of foot. But it looks like he's lost about 20 pounds since last season. His release is completely different. It's much shorter. It's definitely a pro-style release. He threw an accurate ball all camp long."

"There were a lot of other household named quarterbacks here, but Nick Hirschman definitely surprised me. I think he's a guy everybody will have to keep an eye on because of his new and improved ability."

"To be honest, if I was a college coach, I wouldn't even look at the junior film. It's not the same person."- Barry Every

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/71820-10-ca-qb-nick-hirschman.html

He punts too? Watch out D Scott.

**** you, but gently, with lube.
:lol:

He punts too? Watch out D Scott.

My HS QB punted and kicked off too; too bad he was relegated to only being a punter in college. But Barry Helton did ok (ok, my only lame claim to someone vaugely famous-- I have to use it once in a great while!!):smile2:

Hirschman rated a 3* by rivals. :thumbsup:

3 3 stars and a 4 star, I'll take it.

Nice. We are set up for a very nice class, just need to win and it should come together nicely.

Nice, here's hoping these guys kick ass in their senior years and earn a 4th star.

Hirschman rated a 3* by rivals. :thumbsup:

3 3 stars and a 4 star, I'll take it.

Is anyone else concerned we still have only 1 4* commit??? :smile2:

Seriously, it seems like there's never a big crop of 4 & 5* QBs. I'm pretty happy getting a 3* guy with plenty of chance to develop as a Sr. :thumbsup:

Is anyone else concerned we still have only 1 4* commit??? :smile2:

Seriously, it seems like there's never a big crop of 4 & 5* QBs. I'm pretty happy getting a 3* guy with plenty of chance to develop as a Sr. :thumbsup:

I like the potential of all the guys that have signed. Mister Jones stays healthy he could jump to a 4*, he's got all the physical tools to be a true stud.

Spond is a great athlete, and the recent film I saw of Slavin was pretty impressive too. Good hands and is a very willing blocker.

Colt McCoy was a 3*

Back