What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

So was Clark Evans, the greatest athlete in human history. Rivals really blew that one.

halpin04.jpg

Wildcats Win CCS Title for Mikey

Roller coaster game ends with 29-23 win

By Alastair Dallas 12/08/08 1:17 pm

The Los Gatos High School Wildcats defeated the Palo Alto Vikings Dec. 6 to claim the Central Coast Section Championship. Los Gatos (10-3) lost to Palo Alto (9-4) 14-7 at the end of the regular season, and Palo Alto had enjoyed four consecutive wins going in to the championship match.

The Wildcats' game was all but officially dedicated to the memory of Michael Halpin, the senior who collapsed at school Dec. 2 and later died, apparently due to an undetected heart defect. Junior quarterback Nick Hirschman led the Wildcats to a 29-23 win, giving the school its 11th CCS title. The coach also mentioned Jordan Dombrowsky and Sam Bowers for special note.

Halpin's jersey number, 52, took on special significance. Cheerleaders and supporters throughout the community wore t-shirts with his number and a photograph of "Mikey" front and back. The Los Gatos High School Band and many others wore "52" stickers during Saturday's Holiday Parade. It was the 52nd annual parade, and the final score of that night's game was 29-23, which add to make 52.

More...

Team Name: Los Gatos
Head Coach:
Butch Cattolico (229-49-3 career record)
Last Year's Records: 10-3, 8-2 for J.V.
Returning Starters: 13 (6 offense, 7 defense)
Players Most Deserving of Preseason Honors: QB Nick Hirschman, WR/DB/KR Andrew Berg, LB/TE Alec Gletzer
Newcomers Who Could Make An Impact: None Listed

Coach's General Outlook:
We should have outstanding players at multiple skill positions especially on offense. We do have some question marks right now on the offensive line and at the outside linebacker position.
Other Teams To Watch From The Area (listed by coach): Valley Christian (San Jose), Milpitas, Wilcox (Santa Clara), Palo Alto
All-league level players with GPAs above 3.50: Andrew Berg and Nick Hirschman

CalHiSports.com Comments:
The Wildcats overcame a lot last season to win the CIF Central Coast Section Medium Schools title, particularly the sudden death of senior Michael Halpin. This year's team could be a contender not just for another divisional crown, but has the ingredients to be a force for the Open Division. Whenever Butch Cattolico has as much back as he has this year, Los Gatos has been among the best in the CCS regardless of division and has given the best of the WCAL a go of it. Hirschman is the best QB in the CCS and one of the best in the state. He has slimmed down to 215 pounds and according to some at the recent Elite 11 Quarterback Camp is a better prospect than a few of the quarterbacks who were chosen for this year's camp.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/calhisports/0-10-1/Football-Team-By-Team-Previews--Part-3-.html

2. Los Gatos, 10-3
The Wildcats won the Central Coast Section medium school division last year but qualify as a large school in the bowl division rankings. Coach Butch Cattollico’s team could be a serious candidate for a bowl berth this year thanks to the return of six starters on offense and seven on defense from a team that went 10-3 last year.

Nick Hirschman is back at quarterback for the Wildcats. At 6-4, 225, Hirschman is one of the top signal callers in the South Bay. He has a pair of big targets on offense in wide receiver Andrew Berg (6-1, 185) and tight end Alex Gletzer (6-3, 230). Gletzer is also the team’s top returning defender at linebacker. The Wildcats will have to find replacements for the offensive and defensive lines, however a group of juniors that went 8-2 last year will help.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/eMSUmpayEd6OEwAcxJTdpg/california--division-ii-football-preview.htm

Los Gatos quarterback Nick Hirschman gearing up for big season
Posted by DennisKnight on August 24th, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Los Gatos senior Nick Hirschman ended last season on a high note scoring the final two touchdowns for the Wildcats in an emotional 29-23 win over Palo Alto in the CCS Medium School final played in the same week that teammate Michael Halpin died.

And Hirschman dedicated himself to improving over the summer, working with quarterback coaches Bob Johnson and Roger Theder to refine his technique. He also made an oral commitment to attend Colorado University.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/hsspor...ack-nick-hirschman-gearing-up-for-big-season/

Cats Explode Out of the Gate

Los Gatos Observor
excerpt:
Near the end of the [first] quarter, Hirschman hit senior Alec Gletzer with a 24-yard touchdown pass. With about two minutes to go in the first quarter, the Cats were on top 42-7.
[in the first quarter ]... Hirschman had thrown just six passes, completing all six for four touchdowns.

The senior ended the night completing nine of 10 passes for 222 yards and four touchdowns.
Mercury News:
Colorado-bound QB Nick Hirschman led Los Gatos to a 56-7 win over Menlo-Atherton completing 9-of-10 passes for 222 yards and four touchdowns.

Holy Cow, 42 points in the first quarter?

There was a young man in our section at the CSU game that looked a bit like Hirschman sitting with a guy in a Las Gatos T-shirt. I said, "Nick?" and he looked at me like I was an idot. Wrong guy--later I noticed he was wearing a CSU shirt. I definitely hope it wasn't Nick.

Finally watched his clip and he's impressive. Geez he has better skill than anyone on the roster already. The thing I liked most about him is when he was scrambling, he wasnt doing it to make a play with his feet. Anytime the pocket brokedown and he had to move a bit his eyes were downfield looking for someone to throw to instead of running. That gives defenses fits because if they cover he'll run, if not, he'll make them pay for not covering. I wont nitpick cause, hell, I wish he were playing for us now. Only thing I saw is he winds up a bit when he throws but very fixable if it needs fixing. It isnt Byron Leftwich bad, not even close.

He really seems to be lighting things up this year. Go get 'em Nick! We need you!

This thread needs some sizzle!

Clark Evans is the founding member of the Nick Hirschman fan club. Chuck Norris is the secretary of the Nick Hirschman fan club.:smile2:

im not depressed just nervous with all recruits as usual

im not depressed just nervous with all recruits as usual

:yeahthat:

I go through this every year. Once a kid commits, if a thread about him gets bumped my stomach drops like I'm coming down a roller coaster... Just part of the game, I guess. :huh:

Any chance he might graduate early and get here for spring?

I hope he's getting excited about his chance to play early for the Buffs. We need him asap.

We don't like depth on the DL, are we trying to be edgy there too?

On topic, I don't think Hirschman can get here soon enough, we need some serious competition at QB next year.

We like depth at QB. It's a wild, exciting, untried and wacky concept, but darn it all, CU just likes to be out there on a limb trying new things.

Right now one who can play at this level would be a major improvement:sad2:

I hope Hirschman stays with us even with a coaching change. He is getting more and more attention as a late bloomer. Coming on strong.

We have ABSOLUTELY got to hang on to this kid... He IS the future!

Back