What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

I guess I should go see this guy play.

This dudes stats are ridiculous. 2 games out of five with a perfect rating according to the NFL QB rating system. 2 others that are near perfect. A season average out of 5 games to 151 out of 158.3... crazy.

What are his downsides? Looking at his ESPN scouting report and his productivity in his senior year, I am kind of wondering why isn't rated a little higher.

What are his downsides? Looking at his ESPN scouting report and his productivity in his senior year, I am kind of wondering why isn't rated a little higher.
look at his old vids... bad throwing motion and footwork.. supposedly he has fixed that.

ANyone got new video on this kids? Pretty excited to see what hes got.

as snowbuff said, he worked hard and re-invented himself after his junior yr

My personal request: no negativity in the recruit's thread, please.
We have plenty of negative threads out there, this should be about our guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

He is a big kid with a strong arm. Ton of potential there if we coach him up.

He drove down to Mission Viejo every week this Summer to work with Bob Johnson (Mark Sanchez, Allan Bridgford - 4 star, Cal, Jordan Palmer etc.). Johnson is seen as a QB guru and one of the best high school coaches in California, if not the nation.

Glad to hear the work has paid off. Hope he is the future and glad he's a Buff!

Keep it up, Nick.

E11Cal_NickHirschman_75141.jpg

I'm really excited about nick. Those stats are ridiculous.

SIAP, found this more recent footage on youtube.

hirschman (#5) pass at 45 seconds (for TD)

hirschman escape and pass at 1:35 - nice mobility

Can we make a run for his favorite receiver, Andrew Berg?
Yeah, I know he's going to Harvard, pfft. but we could sell him on the Flatirons, maybe. :smile2: Isn't CU known as the Harvard of the mountains?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jK2viKNcJQ"]YouTube - Mtn. View @ Los Gatos highlights[/ame]

SIAP, found this more recent footage on youtube.

hirschman (#5) pass at 45 seconds (for TD)

hirschman escape and pass at 1:35 - nice mobility

Can we make a run for his favorite receiver, Andrew Berg?
Yeah, I know he's going to Harvard, pfft. but we could sell him on the Flatirons, maybe. :smile2: Isn't CU known as the Harvard of the mountains?

YouTube - Mtn. View @ Los Gatos highlights
Thanks, AJ. I was somewhat skeptical about the reports, but he really does look different in his senior footage.

New Rivals premium article up on Hirschman confirming his visit for Mizzou weekend.

"I have been keeping a close eye on their season," Hirschman explained. "Every Saturday or Thursday or whenever they play, I put on all my Colorado gear and throw their game up on our DirecTV. Watching from the first week to now, I have enjoyed seeing how much improvement they've made. That is really a credit to [head] coach [Dan] Hawkins and the rest of their coaching staff."

so when are they going to recognize an elevate him to a four star?

Probably not going to happen. Rivals would have to jump him ahead of about 25 QB prospects. Who knows, though? They moved Mister Jones up by more than that after getting some senior film & seeing his stats.

One of the factors when it's otherwise close in how they bump stars is the number of BCS offers. Players who commit early have fewer offers and are bumped up less often. Doesn't make them any more or less valuable.

Probably not going to happen. Rivals would have to jump him ahead of about 25 QB prospects. Who knows, though? They moved Mister Jones up by more than that after getting some senior film & seeing his stats.
that's all I'm saying, it is possible if he is having a much better season than others ahead of him

It would be nice for him but I really don't care. I would much rather have a guy come in and play like a top prospect than get high rankings and never really contribute.

A lot of the rankings are based on how many offers a kid gets and since Hirschman is making very clear that he is a Buff commit he is not likely to get a lot of other offers coming in.

At the same time a lot of the ranking system is based on making the fans of the programs that pay a lot of money for recruiting info happy. If he were committed to Notre Dame or Texas or Florida, etc. he would likely be ranked much higher than he is since fans of those schools are willing to pay good money for what they consider good news.

Back