What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

It would be nice for him but I really don't care. I would much rather have a guy come in and play like a top prospect than get high rankings and never really contribute.

A lot of the rankings are based on how many offers a kid gets and since Hirschman is making very clear that he is a Buff commit he is not likely to get a lot of other offers coming in.

At the same time a lot of the ranking system is based on making the fans of the programs that pay a lot of money for recruiting info happy. If he were committed to Notre Dame or Texas or Florida, etc. he would likely be ranked much higher than he is since fans of those schools are willing to pay good money for what they consider good news.

Yeah, I do hate that about recruiting sites. The Bias the dollars is BS.
Hope he continues his progression and has a good impact on CU program. We need to start a habit of attracting good QBs again.

Looks like his QB rating took a hit in his last start. :smile2:

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/Rv...-los-gatos-los-gatos-vs-saratoga-saratoga.htm

Junior stats (per game): 168 passing yards, 59 pct, 1.15 TDs, 0.38 INTs
Senior stats (per game): 246 passing yards, 73 pct, 3.14 TDs, 0.00 INTs.

He has not played the second half in many of his team's games this year.

Holy sleeper, Batman! Can't wait for Nick to get to Boulder.

Last edited:

This guy's stats are really ridiculous

I am more excited about this player than I have been about any recruit since the DS class.

FWIW, I have it second hand that Nick will be a buff whether the hawk is ****canned or not. He loves Boulder.

FWIW, I have it second hand that Nick will be a buff whether the hawk is ****canned or not. He loves Boulder.

Thanks. It's looking more and more like Hirschman is going to be the gem of this class. I'd hate to lose him due to our coaching incompetence.

If he gets here and the coaches say his mechanics are off and need some work, I'm going to go crazy.

Thanks. It's looking more and more like Hirschman is going to be the gem of this class. I'd hate to lose him due to our coaching incompetence.

There are several good recruits on the line. Hoping they all have Boulder fever.

Ram fans are thinking the same thing about 2010 CSU commit Tyler Shreve right now. He and and Hirschman look to be very similar in their recruiting rank and style of play. I hope this mid-season swan song by the Rams doesn't cost them a shot at getting him on the dotted line as I am looking forward to watching which of these Cailifornia QB recruits gets the better of the other in the coming seasons.

Last edited:

...and someone, somewhere cares about what ram fans think.

...and someone, somewhere cares about what ram fans think.

Clearly you don't. So be it.

I just find it interesting that the commitments of Evans and Ranieri last season and Hirschman and Shreve this season likely represent four of the highest rated QB recruits to commit to each respective school in and around the same time frame since probably Ochs and Holland did back in 2000 and 2001.

I think fans from both schools are well aware of the negative effect poor QB play can have on a season. My point being...I hope these kids can help enhance this rivalry going forward.

Last edited:

Ram fans are thinking the same thing about 2010 CSU commit Tyler Shreve right now. He and and Hirschman look to be very similar in their recruiting rank and style of play. I hope this mid-season swan song by the Rams doesn't cost them a shot at getting him on the dotted line as I am looking forward to watching which of these Cailifornia QB recruits gets the better of the other in the coming seasons.

The difference, of course, is that your coaching hasn't been incompetent. You just don't have the horses to run with some of the teams you're playing against. That's not the case at CU. We have the horses, but they're kept in the barn.

shreve will go MLB in the first or second round. was an all american in baseball as a junior and throws 93 mph.

I just find it interesting that the commitments of Evans and Ranieri last season and Hirschman and Shreve this season likely represent four of the highest rated QB recruits to commit to each respective school in and around the same time frame since probably Ochs and Holland did back in 2000 and 2001.

I think fans from both schools are well aware of the negative effect poor QB play can have on a season. My point being...I hope these kids can help enhance this rivalry going forward.

Rainieri is a two star dirty sanchez:wow: And Shreve has ZERO offers other then CSU, good pick up but not anything to get too excited about imo

Keep the goat **** out of here, goat****er.

Rainieri is a two star dirty sanchez:wow: And Shreve has ZERO offers other then CSU, good pick up but not anything to get too excited about imo

Hirschmanns' only other offer is from Harvard :sad1:. Not to side with a Ram, I just have to defend my boy Shreve who goes to my High School.

C'mon, Ranieri? - are you serious?

Take it back.

folks - make a new thread about delusional RAM fans please

Hirschmanns' only other offer is from Harvard :sad1:. Not to side with a Ram, I just have to defend my boy Shreve who goes to my High School.

Hirschmann committed early in the summer hence the low # of offers. If he wasn't committed now I could guarantee he would have multiple BCS offers

I know, I'm just saying it's not always the best way to judge a QB. Pretty sure we have yet to land anyone that had numerous offers.

Either way lets not get into it, this thread is all about Hirschmann who I think we all agree has the chance to be a pretty special drop back style passer :smile2:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_13656947

Athlete of the Week: Nick Hirschman, Los Gatos

Mercury News

20091028_124500_ssjm0904preppreview04_GALLERY.jpg

August 25, 2009. Los Gatos H.S. football player Nick Hirschman throws during practice at Los Gatos H.S. in Los Gatos. Offensively Nick Hirschman (committed to Colorado) and Andrew Berg (committed to Harvard) are the leaders and much is expected of these two. (Patrick Tehan/Mercury News)

Sorry guys I didn't mean to make this a debated thread as I know Hirschman deserves to have a thread dedicated to his comittment and season. I really wasn't trying to flame.

Sorry guys I didn't mean to make this a debated thread as I know Hirschman deserves to have a thread dedicated to his comittment and season. I really wasn't trying to flame.

All good. In essence, all you were doing was saying we got a good one and you're looking forward to seeing him compete against the guy you got this year.

Be careful what you wish for, Lamb. :wink2:

Just looked at the first page to check his vitals. 6'2", 212 lbs, and that was probably as a junior. The picture above makes him look like a pretty big kid.

I seriously can't wait for this kid to come to CU. I think he's going to be special. I know it's early. Probably too early. But something about this kid says "big time" to me. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I would love to see him come in and challenge for playing time as a Freshman. As I said someplace else, if Matt Barkley can start as a Freshman at a place like USC, why can't Nick Hirschman start at CU as a Freshman?

Just looked at the first page to check his vitals. 6'2", 212 lbs, and that was probably as a junior. The picture above makes him look like a pretty big kid.

I seriously can't wait for this kid to come to CU. I think he's going to be special. I know it's early. Probably too early. But something about this kid says "big time" to me. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I would love to see him come in and challenge for playing time as a Freshman. As I said someplace else, if Matt Barkley can start as a Freshman at a place like USC, why can't Nick Hirschman start at CU as a Freshman?

Clark Evans would like to have a word with you in his office.

Agreed, I don't know what it is about Hirschmann, but I have a really good feeling about him. Assuming since he had an offer from Harvard of all places, the guy must be incredibly bright. I'd love to see him here in the fall picking up that playbook quickly and challenging for the job.

Clark Evans would like to have a word with you in his office.

If you watch the Clark Evans videos and The Hirschman videos you will see a completly different 3* QB prospect. Evans was always raw and needed to be developed. Hirschman is actively trying to develop by working with some of the top QB coaches in the country.

Last edited:

But have you seen Clark standing next to Hawkins? Looks like a man and his son...

All good. In essence, all you were doing was saying we got a good one and you're looking forward to seeing him compete against the guy you got this year.

Be careful what you wish for, Lamb. :wink2:

Yeah, well, until we get a new coach, or something changes, they will have no fear of playing CU.:huh:

If you watch the Clark Evans videos and The Hirschman videos you will see a completly different 3* QB prospect. Evans was always raw and needed to be developed. Hirschman is activly trying to develope by working with some of the top QB coaches in the country.

IMO, I'm glad he is learing from the best before he gets here. Since we cannot seem to develop them here.:sad2:

Back