What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO ATH Danny Spond (Signed to Notre Dame)

Spond has the potential to be a very good LB imo. I do worry about his head injury though. I saw the hit on TV and he was out cold and didn't move. It took a long time to get him into the ambulance, and he still hadn't moved. Later, they stated he was out cold for over 2 hours. This is a VERY serious head injury.

I have a friend who is a Neurosurgeon. Told me that if he was Spond's doctor, it would be a 1 year sit out minimum and then re-evaluate. A 2nd major blow to the head would likely be the end of the career.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have this young man be a Buff. And I sincerely hope this is not something that impacts his playing days and/or life. Just saying, that was a VERY serious shot to the head he took.

Spond has the potential to be a very good LB imo. I do worry about his head injury though. I saw the hit on TV and he was out cold and didn't move. It took a long time to get him into the ambulance, and he still hadn't moved. Later, they stated he was out cold for over 2 hours. This is a VERY serious head injury.

I have a friend who is a Neurosurgeon. Told me that if he was Spond's doctor, it would be a 1 year sit out minimum and then re-evaluate. A 2nd major blow to the head would likely be the end of the career.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have this young man be a Buff. And I sincerely hope this is not something that impacts his playing days and/or life. Just saying, that was a VERY serious shot to the head he took.

Sorry I keep acting like an "insider" but I am thinking the same thing. I was there right where he got hit and it was bad. Didn't help he had a concussion in the 1st quarter, but he wasn't right for awhile. He was on and off with his conciousness for like 2 days. I am praying that he doesn't ever get a hit like that again. He is somewhat injury prone.

Was competing for a starting OLB position until he suffered another concussion.

Damn. That was always the risk -- and the reason he ended up changing his scholarship priorities to focus on the offers that had the most undergrad degree cache. Wish him well. Seemed like a good kid.

Congrats, Danny

@neildevlin: Yo: Former Columbine football star Danny Spond has been presented with Notre Dame's Rockne Student-Athlete Award. #copreps

Back