What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO ATH Danny Spond (Signed to Notre Dame)

Danny was pretty clear on the fact he wanted to pledge CU but the meltdown of 2009 and Hawk's uncertain job status made him decommit.

So this week he gets a meeting with Bohn and Bohn's boss?

I think if he didn't commit to ND and doesn't by tomorrow night (i.e. had to run a commit by Mom and Dad), then he's coming to CU. Because:

a. I feel it
b. I like taking sides opposite of Boulder Buff.

danny was pretty clear on the fact he wanted to pledge cu but the meltdown of 2009 and hawk's uncertain job status made him decommit.

So this week he gets a meeting with bohn and bohn's boss?

I think if he didn't commit to nd and doesn't by tomorrow night (i.e. Had to run a commit by mom and dad), then he's coming to cu. Because:

A. I feel it
b. I like taking sides opposite of boulder buff.
c. And face it... We are due for some good news. :smile2:

fify

showed interest in CU at first (commit), went to ND for a visit and no commit.....like others have said, he has CU in his heart

I thought it was pretty much over when he decided he was going to visit ND on the last weekend. Appears to be the case.

Not sure if that source is reliable for it had no mention of CU as a finalist.

In addition to the Fighting Irish, Spond's finalists included TCU and Stanford. Spond will be given his choice of position at Notre Dame, but he expects the coaching staff to place him where he best fits at the next level.

From the Sports Illustrated report on Spond's commitment to Notre Dame:

"Having the privilege to play for the University of Notre Dame is a true blessing from God," Spond said. "I thank Him for the opportunity He has given me and the talent I have been blessed with. I can't wait for the upcoming years at Notre Dame."

Very odd that SI would have this story first when he told Rivals last night it would be a LOI day announcement.

From Rivals

"Just starting at the top, the coaching," Spond said of what made the Irish stand out. "The coaches, I really got a good feeling from coach (Brian) Kelly. He seemed like just a really good man besides a good coach and that's what I was definitely looking for. The guys he's brought in are the same type of people. That's definitely encouraging for me.

"Then there's no greater campus out there that's for sure. It's the most beautiful campus in the world. Then just the guys. The other guys on the team are a lot like me. We all have a lot in common. We're all there for the same reasons and that's to win a national championship."

From Rivals

"Just starting at the top, the coaching," Spond said of what made the Irish stand out. "The coaches, I really got a good feeling from coach (Brian) Kelly. He seemed like just a really good man besides a good coach and that's what I was definitely looking for. The guys he's brought in are the same type of people. That's definitely encouraging for me.

"Then there's no greater campus out there that's for sure. It's the most beautiful campus in the world. Then just the guys. The other guys on the team are a lot like me. We all have a lot in common. We're all there for the same reasons and that's to win a national championship."

It's amazing what can be accomplished with holograms these days.

I left my home in Oregon to attend school at Purdue University before I realized that the midwest blows. After two suck-ass years, I found my way to Boulder. Sometimes when you're 18 you've got to figure out things the hard way.

I wish Mr. Spond nothing but success at his chosen school. I hope it's a good fit for him.

I hate that Spond didn't sign with CU. I hate that Notre Dame plucked him from our own backyard. But for Danny, this really is a tremendous situation to make his mark. With a new coaching regime, many holes in the depth chart and his versatility and athleticism he can really make a name for himself.

Sucks for us, good for him.

Damn, I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I kind of did. He seems like a good guy though, good luck to him at ND.

Back