What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Mister Jones (Signed to Texas A&M)

Is Slota still on the team? He is still listed on the roster. I'm asking it here for a reason.

It also sounds like Mr. Jones wants to get away for the Denver area for personal reasons which is weird because of what we heard before.

Is Slota still on the team? He is still listed on the roster. I'm asking it here for a reason.

According to the "Buffalo Season Wrap Up" at www.cubuffs.com - Slota is one of four walk-ons who is not returning. The other three are kicker Ryan Aweida, defensive end Kevin Cooney, and tailback Trevor LaBarge.

According to the \"Buffalo Season Wrap Up\" at www.cubuffs.com - Slota is one of four walk-ons who is not returning. The other three are kicker Ryan Aweida, defensive end Kevin Cooney, and tailback Trevor LaBarge.

Thank you Montana.

I hope Mr. Jones makes the right decision whether its to come to CU or to go to A&M. I just don't see him being a running back at A&M like others here have stated.

Thank you Montana.

I hope Mr. Jones makes the right decision whether its to come to CU or to go to A&M. I just don't see him being a running back at A&M like others here have stated.

Why were you asking about Slota?

Chatter is that Mister may not get in anywhere due to his grades. And that one of the things (per AZ's board) that offended Jones was that our coaches questioned what the hell he was doing making official visit trips given his academic situation and the fact that he meets with his tutor on Saturdays.

I'd love to see Mister in the black and gold, but mostly I really hope that he finds a good situation for himself and is able to use the athletic gifts he has to set himself up with a free degree and a great chance in life.

:dead-horse-fast2:

What's the story?

a) academics (not getting in at either college)

b) He is going to be an aggie.

c) He is going to be a Buff!

Pretty common thing, Colorado is not a recruiting priority for A&M, a kid from Colorado going to A&M or another school similar to it has to be notably better to beat out the local kids. Mister was a very good HS player in Colorado but if the coaches have a choice between him and a kid from a Texas HS who is comparable, Mister is going to sit on the bench.

I'd love for him to come home. Not sure whether he'd be a RB or LB, but he can play. It was a shame we lost him in the first place. Something deteriorated there between Jones and our coaches during recruitment.

I'd love for him to come home. Not sure whether he'd be a RB or LB, but he can play. It was a shame we lost him in the first place. Our coaches at the time were continuing to deteriorate during recruitment.

fify

I'd love for him to come home. Not sure whether he'd be a RB or LB, but he can play. It was a shame we lost him in the first place. Something deteriorated there between Jones and our coaches during recruitment.

We need more speed at both positions right now more than anything. Does Jones really bring anything different to the table than Payne?

How would this work anyway if he enrolls in January? Would he be eligible to play next season?
Hmmm. May have one available in January. Not sure how many seniors are graduating then. And wouldn't he have to sit out another year anyways since he's enrolled at A&M now?

Hmmm. May have one available in January. Not sure how many seniors are graduating then. And wouldn't he have to sit out another year anyways since he's enrolled at A&M now?

I am only getting the January idea because I remember some deadlines had to be met when Wood transferred ... I am sure you know more about this than I do, so could he even enroll now for this semester still or is January the earliest he could be on campus?

Or could he transfer to a Division 2 school for this season still, play there this season and come to CU for next season?

I had a couple of coaches pretty familiar with him in HS who told me over and over that we do not want him at CU. They wouldn't elaborate but were very adamant at the time.

I had a couple of coaches pretty familiar with him in HS who told me over and over that we do not want him at CU. They wouldn't elaborate but were very adamant at the time.

Maybe riding the pine for 1.5 years in Collie Station is what he needed to grow up?

Maybe he is a MH clone? Does he have a brother that plays for UCLA?

If that was the issue, it very well be true.

It certainly sounds like his problems were off the field and I guess being just one of the guys instead of the big man on campus for 1.5 years while in a town far away from home can hammer some sense and humility into you.

I've heard that Mister has indeed been in touch with the CU staff and a decision is looming

Under any scenario (well, with one exception explained below), Mister Jones would not be able to play until 2013 and then he'd have two years of eligibility.

2011 is in the books, he may as well play it out at aTm. He needs to stay enrolled until January at a minimum.
2012 is a sit out year (unless he can play that year at a JuCo).
2013-2014 would be his only shot.

The only other scenario is if he was granted a hardship transfer, which Buffnik suggested on rivals. His mom was battling illness a couple years back, seems to me it was cancer. That may or may not be a factor or even applicable at this point in time.

At any rate, scholarship availability won't be the issue. There will be scholarships available probably as early as spring semester, perhaps not until summer. The real question is how does the staff perceive him. My guess is that they want freshmen. Unless they think he's better than anyone they are in on at this point. Freshmen can play in 2012 and Mister can't (unless Buffnik is right).

Don't forget that there are also family issues at work here as buffaholic referenced from my Rivals post. His mom has had some serious health issues.

I would expect that he would plead family emergency hardship and get a waiver from the NCAA on the transfer. He hasn't played this year and they would count it as his transfer year. I'm not even sure he needs that, though.

Regardless, my assumption (confident) is that he would be here in January on scholarship and play in 2012 should he decide he wants to come to CU and the coaches decide he'd be an asset to the program.

Back