What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

10 Month Report Card

Grade

• Total voters
What other things drove your grade down from a A to a B+? In my mind it's not even a question what grade he gets because of the facilities and fundraising progress in his short time here.

sackman went to school before there was the grade inflation you are used to.

Therefore, a "C" means that RG is doing a a passable job. "B" means that his job performance is good. "B+" or "A-" means very good to great. And an "A" means excellence bordering on perfection. No one gets an A+ unless there's been an extra credit task completed in addition to near perfect performance of the actual job.

Therefore, a "C" means that RG is doing a a passable job. "B" means that his job performance is good. "B+" or "A-" means very good to great. And an "A" means excellence bordering on perfection. No one gets an A+ unless there's been an extra credit task completed in addition to near perfect performance of the actual job.

Or grade deflation in CU's case

This.

He's not perfect, but he's been pretty good. That's a B+ in my book.

Question: what would RG needed to have done to get a A in your eyes?

Announce a lead private donor bigger than Bruce Benson

Hit the $47M mark before spring game

Subsidize C-Unit trip to NCAA tourney

Show conference level leadership on key topic (P12Network, funding athletes)

Not tie women's game attendance to Men's B-ball tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Announce a lead private donor bigger than Bruce Benson

Hit the $47M mark before spring game

Subsidize C-Unit trip to NCAA tourney

Show conference level leadership on key topic (P12Network, funding athletes)

Not tie women's game attendance to Men's B-ball tickets.

1. What if the donor doesn't want it to be public?

2. So you're asking him to have raised much more than anyone in CU history in 8 months? It can't be easy to sell with the state of the program and the factions that surround the big donors (some pissed that Bohn isn't here, some pissed because Embree isn't here, etc.).

3. Not a smart business move at this point. We need to balance the budget and get out of the red and some things had to be cut for now.

4. No comment

5. Still think that was overblown, but that's his only "bad" choice so far.

1. What if the donor doesn't want it to be public?

2. So you're asking him to have raised much more than anyone in CU history in 8 months? It can't be easy to sell with the state of the program and the factions that surround the big donors (some pissed that Bohn isn't here, some pissed because Embree isn't here, etc.).

3. Not a smart business move at this point. We need to balance the budget and get out of the red and some things had to be cut for now.

4. No comment

5. Still think that was overblown, but that's his only "bad" choice so far.

Douchebag move.

If you only solicit opinions in order to bash them, then you still have much growing to do.

Amazing that the only responses have been "A" or "B" (with under 20% "B"). RG is more popular with Buff fans than most of us are with our spouses.

I'm not, I'm simply responding to your reasons with my thoughts on them

Do you really expect your protest to have any impact on my opinion? LOL

I cannot give this all time high fundraising efforts the high marks available when Rick George's boss's boss makes up over 10 percent of the proceeds.

I do not advocate the RG divulge the name of donor who wishes to be anonymous, but pointing out that the University's own president, is the top donor announced in the press. It's not Solich. It's a public servant who needed no coaxing from RG. Giving RG credit for BB's donation is just wrong.

I am also not pleased with the way expectations were managed. The funds were not and still are not in hand. The regents and the CU leadership are throwing RG a bone. I also didn't like the cat and mouse game with the parking facility. It came off as trickery.

So RG gets a B+ for moving mountains. That is a damn good grade. But let's not get carried away with some myth that he is walking on water.

I cannot give this all time high fundraising efforts the high marks available when Rick George's boss's boss makes up over 10 percent of the proceeds.

I do not advocate the RG divulge the name of donor who wishes to be anonymous, but pointing out that the University's own president, is the top donor announced in the press. It's not Solich. It's a public servant who needed no coaxing from RG. Giving RG credit for BB's donation is just wrong.

I am also not pleased with the way expectations were managed. The funds were not and still are not in hand. The regents and the CU leadership are throwing RG a bone. I also didn't like the cat and mouse game with the parking facility. It came off as trickery.

So RG gets a B+ for moving mountains. That is a damn good grade. But let's not get carried away with some myth that he is walking on water.
I think his fund raising borders on miraculous. To do what he's done, with the football program in the state it's in, is amazing. BTW, was I dreaming or did I read that a major donation is eminent that will push us past the $49 million mark? A++!

Last edited:
I think his fund raising borders on miraculous. To do what he's done, with the football program in the state it's in, is amazing. BTW, was I dreaming or did I read that a major donation is eminent that will push us past the $49 million mark? A++!

Before delivering that grade, how is RG doing versus his P12 and other D1 peers?

if we rate MacIntyre's recruitment according to the number and quality of other BCS offers, then why are you not factoring the fund raising of other athletic directors when grading RG?

Before delivering that grade, how is RG doing versus his P12 and other D1 peers?

if we rate MacIntyre's recruitment according to the number and quality of other BCS offers, then why are you not factoring the fund raising of other athletic directors when grading RG?
You have to grade him based on the situation. Are you seriously comparing CU fund raising to the rest of the PAC?

You have to grade him based on the situation. Are you seriously comparing CU fund raising to the rest of the PAC?

Yes. Nobody should be graded in a vacuum. Of course it makes sense to grade him versus peers. What reason is there not to compare him versus similarly situated ADs at Arizona, ASU, Utah, Oregon State, and Wazzou? Certenly there are metrics where he exceeds what's going on at Cal. There may be areas where RG is doing some KPI better than Oregon, Stanford, UCLA or USC.

The criteria doesn't need to be just total dollar amount raised. Other factors are relevant such as YOY ticket sale growth, budget management, graduation rates, student athlete satisfaction, off-field issues, booster satisfaction, compliance, employee satisfaction, licensing and media relations.

I want job a where my performance job is evaluated without being benchmarked against other employees or business units.

Yes. Nobody should be graded in a vacuum. Of course it makes sense to grade him versus peers. What reason is there not to compare him versus similarly situated ADs at Arizona, ASU, Utah, Oregon State, and Wazzou? Certenly there are metrics where he exceeds what's going on at Cal. There may be areas where RG is doing some KPI better than Oregon, Stanford, UCLA or USC.

The criteria doesn't need to be just total dollar amount raised. Other factors are relevant such as YOY ticket sale growth, budget management, graduation rates, student athlete satisfaction, off-field issues, booster satisfaction, compliance, employee satisfaction, licensing and media relations.

I want job a where my performance job is evaluated without being benchmarked against other employees or business units.

I see your point. We're either gaining ground or losing ground. So that is part of it. To a point. There are diminishing returns on money raised. Therefore, the most important thing is to look at what the goals and needs are for CU and whether he is achieving that. I care little whether there's money beyond that to put a private spa in our head coach's office like Kelly had. That doesn't help you win.

I see your point. We're either gaining ground or losing ground. So that is part of it. To a point. There are diminishing returns on money raised. Therefore, the most important thing is to look at what the goals and needs are for CU and whether he is achieving that. I care little whether there's money beyond that to put a private spa in our head coach's office like Kelly had. That doesn't help you win.

Look no further than DeLoss Dodd. An AD can have all the money you'd ever need, while fostering a culture that is soft.

That's just crazy talk right there!

Do you really think I give a ****?

So have you conducted this research when you graded him? If you haven't then why bring it up? Sure, it sounds great in theory, but it's not realistic to use those metrics in this evaluation since we don't have any way to quantify more than couple.

Last edited:
Is this thread an opinion poll or is it asking people what their research has uncovered? This is getting confusing.

Christ, tini, give it a rest. It's ok that someone would give RG a "B" for his job performance to date. In fact, it's ok if someone votes for a "C", "D" or "F". Maybe "adding sand volleyball" and "sending C-Unit to Vegas" were someone's #1 issues.

Is this thread an opinion poll or is it asking people what their research has uncovered? This is getting confusing.

Christ, tini, give it a rest. It's ok that someone would give RG a "B" for his job performance to date. In fact, it's ok if someone votes for a "C", "D" or "F". Maybe "adding sand volleyball" and "sending C-Unit to Vegas" were someone's #1 issues.

You must be new to tini

I'm fine with someone giving RG a B, all I was asking Snow was what he would have needed to do to get an A in his opinion and then responding to Skidmark's post with my thoughts on his posts. Skidmark is the one who turned my post into something more than it was by calling it a douchebag move despite it being a innocent response with the intention of continuing the discussion and then laying out metrics that are not possible to quantify.

Last edited:
I look at what RG is doing as akin to change management. First priority is to become solvent and get money flowing into the bloodstream, get the most important initiatives rolling and on track first, then focus on the minutiae. I don't want him tackling the cute stuff first, that's what Bohn did. I'll happily piss in a trough next season and suffer the PA system in exchange for new facilities and the program overall headed exactly where I want it to be going. I know RG is aware of the other issues (e.g. student engagement, student entry to games), and given the results so far I have full confidence that he'll address all of them in due time. Hence, A.

B. Far better than Bohn's C. Still lots to do.

This where i am, we have seen a lot of great strides, and a lot of behind the scenes things are being done well to very well. With that said we've fallen short in a couple of places:

1.) re-org of the foundation basically resulted in nothing and they have had a lot of turnover in their younger talented ranks.
2.) much lip-service paid to game day experience improvements in private, nothing has been done yet (incomplete here I'd like to see what next year brings).
3.) cut some corners to save a few bucks that really dint get us very far but irked elements of the fan base
4.) stated fundraising goal missed despite pulling every possible lever, directing money from other projects and taking money from the CU foundation.

That said he's actually getting **** done that means something not college pageantry stuff but really hard progress and things wer far far worse than he expected when he took over.

Do you really think I give a ****?/QUOTE]

Yes. You would't have responded if you truly don't give a sh*t. There is no other reason that you are playing internet mall cop to protect your precious world view of RG's Allbuffs GPA.

So have you conducted this research when you graded him?

Yes. As a college football fan, I am constantly reading and thinking about football related issues at CU and beyond Boulder. I am also experienced in evaluating performances of employees.

I have provided you my rational for a solid B+ grade. Take it or leave it.

Next time please you propose an evaluation criteria that the internet should use when responding to your requests for an opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Back