What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

104.7 Sports Radio

People want to live vicariously through winners. Nuggets are not winners. Rockies are not winners. Avs used to get good run from when they arrived through 2001 but as the greats retired and the team slumped, so does the attention of fans.

If CU keeps being top 15 year after year they will gain traction. But Pat kept the Broncos so good for so many years that that is the habit that was imprinted into the lives of sports fans in Colorado since the 60's.
Generally agree, but the Broncos sucked in the 60s and the early to mid 70s. And pat didn't arrive until 1984.

definitely getting more comments when I wear buff gear too. Some people still don't realize what's happening though. Was at a bar celebrating on sunday last weekend. Bartender is some guy who is barely 21. He sees my "Make CU great again" hat and asks "It's gonna take a LOT of work, aint it?"

I tells him: "We are top 10. We already are great again."

Him: ....
upload_2016-11-24_6-32-27.png

Generally agree, but the Broncos sucked in the 60s and the early to mid 70s. And pat didn't arrive until 1984.
Not really relevant to the conversation about what has shaped Denver sports talk radio today. Broncos have been far and away the most consistently successful franchise in this market since the beginning, and it happens to be part of the most popular sports league in the country. Is this really even a question? It's annoying but it's not a mystery why it's happening.

Not really relevant to the conversation about what has shaped Denver sports talk radio today. Broncos have been far and away the most consistently successful franchise in this market since the beginning, and it happens to be part of the most popular sports league in the country. Is this really even a question? It's annoying but it's not a mystery why it's happening.
Agree....just wanted to set the record straight, bitch.

Who couldn't love Lou?

20090329__Obit-Lou-Saban-Footballp1.jpg

If the Buffs win on Saturday, and the Broncos lose on Sunday, I will still be high as ****ing kite all week.

I suspect I am in the distinct minority in this market. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

So, as much as it pisses me off personally, that's why the Denver stations act the way they do. But, as a poster said above, consistent success will slowly change that mindset .

If the Buffs win on Saturday, and the Broncos lose on Sunday, I will still be high as ****ing kite all week.

I suspect I am in the distinct minority in this market. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

So, as much as it pisses me off personally, that's why the Denver stations act the way they do. But, as a poster said above, consistent success will slowly change that mindset .
I'm pretty sure Boise plays on Saturday like everyone else.

FYI, for those needing to tune in to something during their afternoon commute today, Nate & Nalen were consumed with Broncos talk on Monday, but repeatedly promised "lots of Buffs talk" on their Tuesday show.

FYI, for those needing to tune in to something during their afternoon commute today, Nate & Nalen were consumed with Broncos talk on Monday, but repeatedly promised "lots of Buffs talk" on their Tuesday show.
Just heard it promoed in the car - they are talking Buffs and Rose Bowl

Heard some good talk this morning on Vic Lomardi show. Had some former QB (not from CU) call in who seems to focus on Pac12 as a media member.

The Broncos (and the entire AFL's) arrival in Denver in 1960 was the first time Denver got anointed as a "major' town with a noteworthy national sports franchise, even though the early AFL was bush and the Broncos sucked. It was the first time a lot of the locals had anything to focus on other than AAU Basketball Tournaments (Phillips 66ers anyone?) or the Stock Show. It was the first time a lot of locals felt like something more than rubes in a cow town. It coincided with our family's arrival in Denver.

You can't believe how excited the Denver locals were about this. Kids in my school listened to every game and talked on and on about the games on Mondays at school. Adults obsessed too. The Broncos will always be the default here, especially when they're in the realm of being pretty good to very good, which has gone on for a long time. The Broncos are in the DNA and the red blood cells of the old timers here, and there are still a lot of multi generational families around the area, despite the latest influx/boom of newcomers.

The Buffs now deserve a seat at the table, and that's the best we are ever going to get. Thank goodness for Big Al, Chad Brown, CJ, and Tyler Polumbus. And you've got to realize that if they ever DO TALK about the Buffs a lot on the radio here, the level of facts/insight will never be as high as on Allbuffs. Seriously.

Heard some good talk this morning on Vic Lomardi show. Had some former QB (not from CU) call in who seems to focus on Pac12 as a media member.

Brock Huard perhaps? Played at UDub ... CU beat him and them in the '96 Holiday Bowl.

This. Denver Sports radio lost me over a decade ago and with XM radio, I'm never going back.
Just got my girlfriend XM for her car so she can listen to the same 12 songs over and over again, but now without commercials or Slacker and Steve.

The upside is that I can stream it at work as well.

Just got my girlfriend XM for her car so she can listen to the same 12 songs over and over again, but now without commercials or Slacker and Steve.

The upside is that I can stream it at work as well.
Yeah, my wife uses Pandora premium. It's a bit cheaper than XM but essentially the same thing.

Bizarrely Dmac seemed to be more positive on the Buffs than even Big Al was. Chris Brown was on last week as well and the conversation was all buffs. I really expect for the rest of the week for the Drive to flip from the usual 90% Broncos and 10% everything else to be 50% Buffs. Right now we are more exciting.

I'm actually not surprised that Big Al is sandbagging a little bit.

I'm sure he's just as beaten down by the decade of sucktitude as we are, plus there might still be a little bit of angst left over from the Water Bottle days.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was sandbagging like this for a potential playoff/Rose Bowl appearance, too.

Bizarrely Dmac seemed to be more positive on the Buffs than even Big Al was. Chris Brown was on last week as well and the conversation was all buffs. I really expect for the rest of the week for the Drive to flip from the usual 90% Broncos and 10% everything else to be 50% Buffs. Right now we are more exciting.

Did Chris say what he's up to these days? I haven't heard much about him since 2002 ... eg., did he ever finish his degree? I know he seemed bitter about GB's dismissal, and I was worried he'd sever his ties with CU ... glad that seems to not be the case.

Did Chris say what he's up to these days? I haven't heard much about him since 2002 ... eg., did he ever finish his degree? I know he seemed bitter about GB's dismissal, and I was worried he'd sever his ties with CU ... glad that seems to not be the case.

Hmmmmmmm - I wonder if @4thGenBuff meant Chad Brown, as Chad is on the radio with them all the time.

I haven't heard Chris Brown's name since he left the NFL.

Back