What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

104.7 Sports Radio

Don't listen to this usually but happened upon Mark Schlereth and whoever his sidekick is this morning trying to talk Buffs. Mark was asked about the Buffs chances to get into the playoff. He literally had no idea, had nothing to offer, said stupid things, and then admitted "I probably don't follow this stuff as much as I should" but then proceeded to say that if the top four teams were all from the B10, then they should be the 4 that go to the playoffs. Well Mark, how is that different from the NFL? How do you know if they don't play hardly anyone outside their own conference? Jeez dude, how about doing 5 minutes of prep so that you might sound like you know anything at all?

That's my problem with these Douchebags. It's totally acceptable to talk bronco's all day but when they are obviously being queued to talk a little Buffs, they don't believe they need to bother doing any homework. After all, it's a passing fad. Schlrereth was giving his station boss a big **** You.

I wanted to stay tuned in, I really did....

Just got my girlfriend XM for her car so she can listen to the same 12 songs over and over again, but now without commercials or Slacker and Steve.

The upside is that I can stream it at work as well.
Yeah, my wife uses Pandora premium. It's a bit cheaper than XM but essentially the same thing.

Wait a minute here - not even close to the same:
1) On my primary Pandora station, I have chosen to expand the options to the point where I may scale the station back to be a little more tightly focused so it does actually replay some of my most favorite artists and songs more often - I can go days without a repeat
2) When we did a trip to Silverton a few years back and didn't have internet connectivity, we activated XM in the car for the drive and I was absolutely ready to blow my brains out from hearing the same 8-10 songs over and over and over again

I turned on the first 10 minutes this afternoon and it was the usual nonsense. They had a nice discussion about dmac wanting to be a baseball announcer. Then transitioned into Eric Dickerson going off topic multiple times and around in circles with neither making a point. D-mac doesn't know because he hadn't been there and big al just knows everything so they just argues like usual for awhile.

I had to stop.

Don't listen to this usually but happened upon Mark Schlereth and whoever his sidekick is this morning trying to talk Buffs. Mark was asked about the Buffs chances to get into the playoff. He literally had no idea, had nothing to offer, said stupid things, and then admitted "I probably don't follow this stuff as much as I should" but then proceeded to say that if the top four teams were all from the B10, then they should be the 4 that go to the playoffs. Well Mark, how is that different from the NFL? How do you know if they don't play hardly anyone outside their own conference? Jeez dude, how about doing 5 minutes of prep so that you might sound like you know anything at all?

That's my problem with these Douchebags. It's totally acceptable to talk bronco's all day but when they are obviously being queued to talk a little Buffs, they don't believe they need to bother doing any homework. After all, it's a passing fad. Schlrereth was giving his station boss a big **** You.

I wanted to stay tuned in, I really did....
It definitely irritates me as well, but the thing is, the new management at The Fan wanted all Broncos, all the time. So they went out and gave Brandon ****ing Stokley (loved him as a player. can't stand him as a radio jockey) a hosting gig, brought back Schlereth for the mornings and obviously kept Big Al. Schlereth is the swinging dick on that station and can basically dictate what he does and doesn't need to talk about. He wasn't brought here to talk specifics of the Buffs or college football; he was brought here to talk Broncos and the NFL exclusively.

Now the other guys like Evans, Sandy, and DMac, should absolutely be tasked with doing their homework on the local sports teams and being able to talk intelligently about them. DMac, btw, is a known idot when it comes to college football. The only sports he really follows are football (NFL) and baseball. If the Avs are good, he'll hold a conversation about that for a few minutes and knows absolutely nothing about basketball.

it was Joel Dreessen and Evans in the mornings before, they were so good. I absolutely loved listening to them, they covered a ton of topics. Joel was smart, witty, funny and had a lot of really interesting stories. Hell, I even text the radio station once when they played R Kelly - remix to ignition with a few lyrics. He went back and forth with me for a good 30 minutes quoting different parts of the song. It was hilarious and made listening actually FUN! They used to read texts all the time and now it's useless.

it was Joel Dreessen and Evans in the mornings before, they were so good. I absolutely loved listening to them, they covered a ton of topics. Joel was smart, witty, funny and had a lot of really interesting stories. Hell, I even text the radio station once when they played R Kelly - remix to ignition with a few lyrics. He went back and forth with me for a good 30 minutes quoting different parts of the song. It was hilarious and made listening actually FUN! They used to read texts all the time and now it's useless.
Oh dear god.

I'm 25, that song is the **** but dressen was horrible on the air. Kind of like stokley now, they have no skills for radio and thinking on their feet.
Dressen did nothing for me and Lombardi was/is a ****ing moron. At least Evans can host a show and Schlereth is ok. As others have said, The Fan is all Broncos all the time. To expect them, even Big Al, to spend any quality time on the Buffs and CFB, ain't happening.

The only 104.3 personality I can ocassionally stand is Sandy Clough. I have to monitor my dosage but he at least does his research and will purposely stray from the all Broncos all the time management dogma. He at least can engage in intelligent discussion across multiple sports when he wants to.

The ex-players, with the exception of Chad Brown, are all awful. Chad is the only non former Bronco they have so he can speak with impunity and I like that.

Evans and Dmac are dbags.

I don't mind Schlereth. He is honest about what he is.

His primary job is an NFL analyst for ESPN, that's what he studies and knows. He is very honest in saying that most Saturdays he is in an airplane flying out to his ESPN job so doesn't see college ball.

Love Big Al as a person but for the radio job my sense is that he does less preparation than anyone on the station, he gets by on personality. He should know college football but is clueless even about the Buffs.

Evans and DMac are the typical New England know little sports geeks who think that the Red Sox vs. the Yankees is the pinnacle of sport and that outside of some off the cuff comments about other sports they are there to keep Broncos conversation moving.

Chad Brown does follow college FB and has some good insight and occasionally they have on Tyler Polumbus who sounds like a sharp guy who has some idea of what is going on.

Unfortunately I live to far from Denver to get the other stations and the clowns in the Springs and Pueblo are worse.

Before the season started, Al said he thought they would get bowl eligible. D-bag scoffed. After three games, Al said he believed thd Buffs would win 8-9 games. D-bag shouted him down, suggested that was beyond ridiculous, etc. Now dbag is referring to the Buffs as we.

I won't say publically what I wish for him.

Last edited:
Pay the 10 bucks a month for Sirius they have really made the channels better. college sports nation and NFL radio they rotate the on air talent which helps.

Evans spent about 10 minutes this morning about CU. schelereth just said, "I'm not a college guy and know nothing." They're such a dynamic duo.

The only 104.3 personality I can ocassionally stand is Sandy Clough. I have to monitor my dosage but he at least does his research and will purposely stray from the all Broncos all the time management dogma. He at least can engage in intelligent discussion across multiple sports when he wants to.

The ex-players, with the exception of Chad Brown, are all awful. Chad is the only non former Bronco they have so he can speak with impunity and I like that.

Evans and Dmac are dbags.
Sandy is fine just as long as he's not trying to have a conversation with a listener and by conversation I mean talk over them until they submit.

You can tune in again at 8 when Klatt comes on. It's their best segment of the week cause it's their only real segment where they talk Buffs or college football
. Damn. I missed that! Not in my car ah that point though.

Sandy is fine just as long as he's not trying to have a conversation with a listener and by conversation I mean talk over them until they submit.

Sandy drives me nuts because of this. Can't listen to him.

Love sandy, but that **** irritates me so badly. But he usually only does it o the raging idiots that are making no sense. I've talked to him at least 15+ times on the radio and he's always been really cool. He's great at baseball talk which is nice because I love baseball.

The Klatt segment this morning was pretty solid, IMO. Mainly because Schlereth and Evans just shut the **** up and let Klatt break it all down for them.

The Klatt segment this morning was pretty solid, IMO. Mainly because Schlereth and Evans just shut the **** up and let Klatt break it all down for them.

Klatt is fantastic, sad I missed it. It's nice there is good CU people in the media too

did Klatt think CU has any shot at all if they win and Clemson takes a loss ?

did Klatt think CU has any shot at all if they win and Clemson takes a loss ?
He thinks their path is pretty narrow but, like everybody else, believes (in that scenario) it would come down to CU or UM for the last spot and whether the committee values CU winning the Pac 12 more than losing head to head with Michigan.

He did say that "there's just something about the seniors at CU" and that the Buffs are going to surprise on Friday and get a win. He thinks our defense matches up well with their offense, but thinks our offense is going to have to play their best game of the year.

Klatt continues to impresss with his knowledge of the entire CFB landscape and his professional delivery.

He thinks their path is pretty narrow but, like everybody else, believes (in that scenario) it would come down to CU or UM for the last spot and whether the committee values CU winning the Pac 12 more than losing head to head with Michigan.

He did say that "there's just something about the seniors at CU" and that the Buffs are going to surprise on Friday and get a win. He thinks our defense matches up well with their offense, but thinks our offense is going to have to play their best game of the year.

At least Sandy asks short, concise questions....errrr............

. Love sandy, but that **** irritates me so badly. But he usually only does it o the raging idiots that are making no sense. I've talked to him at least 15+ times on the radio and he's always been really cool. He's great at baseball talk which is nice because I love baseball.

I agree with all of the above, with the bolded being critical.

Back