What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA DE Stephan Nembot (Signed to Colorado)

ESPN's ticker at the bottom just "announced" that Nembot has declared for Washington instead of Wazzu.

...either ESPN knows something that Nik didn't know yesterday or ESPN's recruiting coverage is a joke compared to Nik, AJ, BB, etc.

I vote the latter. Thanks for the info guys.

ESPN's ticker at the bottom just "announced" that Nembot has declared for Washington instead of Wazzu.

...either ESPN knows something that Nik didn't know yesterday or ESPN's recruiting coverage is a joke compared to Nik, AJ, BB, etc.

we already know that

Well he committed and then decided to take a visit here next weekend. IOW, he is down to us and Washington.

Has anyone other then AZ reported that Nembot is visiting this weekend? AZ also wrote last week that we would have visitors who are commited to Texas Tech, Arizona (probably Feeny), and Houston (probably Gaines) but it does not look like any of this info has been substantiated or confirmed by other sources.

Has anyone other then AZ reported that Nembot is visiting this weekend? AZ also wrote last week that we would have visitors who are commited to Texas Tech, Arizona (probably Feeny), and Houston (probably Gaines) but it does not look like any of this info has been substantiated or confirmed by other sources.

That might also be because the AD would prefer to keep quiet the names of guys visiting who are committed to other programs, in order to keep the other schools from putting up a counter attack. Or at least that's what I'd do if I were them...

That might also be because the AD would prefer to keep quiet the names of guys visiting who are committed to other programs, in order to keep the other schools from putting up a counter attack. Or at least that's what I'd do if I were them...

Makes sense, but that was not the case with the other guys we had visit who were committed elsewhere. Its only Tuesday, we will see what happens.

He is listed as a OT on Scout. I have a good feeling about this one, Washington already has about 3 DT commited , Dembot would be the 4th. We should be able to sell playing time and convince him to come to Colorado.

Last edited:
Still have not seen conformation that he is visiting. Everyone be on the lookout for a 6'8 280 pound guy walking around Boulder this weekend...we will firgure this out the old-fashioned way.

I feel like this guy could be special. The fact that he only started playing football as a Sophomore, and football wasn't his focus until late, makes me believe he has HUGE upside. With the help of Blacken and solid positional coaching, he could be dominant. Hope we can work some magic this weekend.

so whats the word on this guy? I've seen his name here and there but no real info. Is he a maybe, not a chance solid to UW??

He only committed to UW (switched from WSU) on 1/21 after that visit. He had 8 Pac10 offers including ours.

Reported now that he was a late arriver to Boulder (which is why only one huge body was seen), but he stayed thru Sunday night after the others left. Certainly had a lot of one-on-one time with the coaches.

I think we are going to get him as long as there's no academic risks. Just my gut here.

I did see a Washington Puppy board yesterday where the fans were very nervous about CU stealing both Asiata and Nembot from them.

Sorry, but I lost the link. Wasn't anything substantial anyway. But there was definitely anxiety.

I did see a Washington Puppy board yesterday where the fans were very nervous about CU stealing both Asiata and Nembot from them.

Sorry, but I lost the link. Wasn't anything substantial anyway. But there was definitely anxiety.

I like the start here. ****alking must begin. However, may I humbly suggest the Washington Pugs?

Scout is reporting that Nembot will decide between Washington and Colorado. http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1044401.html

“I really liked that the coaches are winners,” said Nembot. “I really liked the coaches, Coach Embree especially and the people in town were really nice… The campus was also really cool.”

Scout is reporting that Nembot will decide between Washington and Colorado. http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1044401.html

“I really liked that the coaches are winners,” said Nembot. “I really liked the coaches, Coach Embree especially and the people in town were really nice… The campus was also really cool.”

I like this...I think he's ours
excellent2.jpg

We need this guy...two 6'7" OTs with a lot of upside would do us really well in the future and help bridge a gap we will have on the line over the next year or two...I think this would be a HUGE get for us, could be the cherry of the class in my opinion, don't care where the recruiting sites rank him. GO BLACK AND GOLD STEPHAN!!

I agree that he has the body type to convert to OT but I am also intrigued by the idea of having a DE this tall. With his height and his long arms he could be very disruptive against the spread. We have all seen that last four years what happens when a shorter QB can't see over or through the D-linemen. Nembot could make it hard for teams to use quick passes against us to his side as well as set a solid edge against the running game to his side.

I am liking what this staff has accomplished in the short time they have had to recruit since coming on board. If we can get this guy on board I think he could turn into a serous player for us.

Back