What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA QB Nick Sherry (Signed to UNLV)

Sherry is visiting October 2nd for the Georgia game. We need to make sure he's solid. Arizona and Washington both stepped up with offers since Hundley committed to UCLA, but so far Sherry has declined to open things back up.

Rivals has a post-visit update:

Sherry has received phone calls from coaches at Arizona and Washington this fall, but he has told both schools that he is happy with his choice.

"I told them I don't really plan to change or do anything other than Colorado unless [head coach] Dan Hawkins and [offensive coordinator and quarterbacks] coach [Eric] Kiesau leave," Sherry added.

Sherry has helped Casa Grande to a 4-0 start this season. He has completed 58.2 percent of his passes for 815 yards with six touchdowns and one interception.

999066.jpg

Read more...

Not worth worrying about right now. We will lose players no matter what happens if there is a coaching change.

You can't let it worry you, but Nick is the type of kid I hope we can keep after firing Hawkins.

He did say "Hawkins and Kiesau leave". I'm starting to get on board with the idea of EK sticking around regardless of what we do with the HC (subject to change if the game plans regress again). Not only does he seem to be improving steadily as an OC, but it could be very helpful in keeping some of these recruits.

He did say "Hawkins and Kiesau leave". I'm starting to get on board with the idea of EK sticking around regardless of what we do with the HC (subject to change if the game plans regress again). Not only does he seem to be improving steadily as an OC, but it could be very helpful in keeping some of these recruits.

I really doubt Kiesau would remain on the staff. If he did, he'd have to take a demotion. You can't ask the new coach to accept Eric as OC if he took the job.

I really doubt Kiesau would remain on the staff. If he did, he'd have to take a demotion. You can't ask the new coach to accept Eric as OC if he took the job.

You can if it's someone like McElwain or Calhoun who are actually OC's by trade. Just like Helfrich has done great under Chip Kelly at Oregon, Kiesau would thrive under an ex-OC in the head coach job.

I agree it would be hard to make it work under someone like Mac.

Maybe we need to keep Kiesau around as QB coach?

He's under contract for next year. He has been our best recruiter. Hansen seems to be progressing very well. And our offense looked pretty good the past 6 quarters. No matter what happens with Hawkins, I won't be surprised to see Kiesau stay in his job.

I actually think Kiesau does a decent job when Hawk doesn't get in his way. Watching the games this year it seems the more Hawkins is involved in the actual game management the less effective we are. When he lets Kiesau and the rest of the assistants do their jobs and gets out of the way we tend to run much smoother.

I think Kiesau should be the decision of the new HC but I wouldn't have a problem if he stays.

I'm not sure what to think of Kiseau. I didn't hate the offense in the Hawaii 2nd half and the Georgia game, but that Mizzou gameplan was terrible as ****.

Either way, this isn't the place to be calling for coaches heads anyway.

Not a big surprise, but not thrilled about losing his commit either. I like having QB depth in the underclassmen so they best can emerge as the future starter.

With Hirschman and Berglund we could be OK, but it looks like Embree likes that Texas kid (Conner Preston) too. I wish they would go after a JUCO to bridge the "class gap" however.

Maybe Embree is wanting a JUCO to go with Berglund and then going all in on Miles or some other top QB next year. Or he's going the mobile QBs only route.

I'd like to think so, but I'm not sure. Nik?

At this point, I just want to say that I appreciate that Nick committed to the Buffs and stuck with us through Hawkins being terminated. Since he hasn't gotten the attention that Berglund did from the new staff, he is seeing the writing on the wall and opening up his commitment. It's extremely unlikely that Nick would end up signing with the Buffs. I'll definitely be cheering for him whenever he's not facing the Buffs in his career. Really solid kid.

No offense to Sherry but I like Berglund better. We have to give Embree his room to pick his players, especially in a short class.

At this point, I just want to say that I appreciate that Nick committed to the Buffs and stuck with us through Hawkins being terminated. Since he hasn't gotten the attention that Berglund did from the new staff, he is seeing the writing on the wall and opening up his commitment. It's extremely unlikely that Nick would end up signing with the Buffs. I'll definitely be cheering for him whenever he's not facing the Buffs in his career. Really solid kid.

+1

Will follow.

Mechanics, vision and arm speed.

I've evaluated the videos from both. Sherry is a better arm. Impressive. He seems to have better vision and scans the field. Just saying if we can have some competition at QB for a change, it would be a good thing. At least they aren't 5' foot 11" midgets. Drew Brees is an anomaly. I think Hansen will be pushed this year.

Back