What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA QB Nick Sherry (Signed to UNLV)

I don't like the idea of pulling scholarships like this but at the same time what is Embree going to tell him? Should we expect Embree to spend an hour breaking down film of the guy over the phone or blast his mechanics, decision making, and football acumen? Its an uncomfortable situation for everyone involved and I would actually be surprised if Sherry wanted to spend an extended period of time on the phone with the coach that just "cut" him? Its just unfortunate. I think saying the staff decided to go in a different direction and wishing him luck is really all anyone can ask for or expect.

I wish Nick teh ebst of luck at UNLV.

Can't say it any better, feel the for the kid, and wish him the best at UNLV. Better to go where you are wanted than come to CU and play for a Coach didn't want you.

IF the article is completely accurate (they didn't say if they tried to contact CU for their side), then I think the situation was mishandled. Bohn had no business providing a guarantee for the new coach, and if he truly didn't return any of the father's phone calls, then shame on him. Perhaps Embo should have taken 90 seconds to give Nick his reasoning, but he had a lot on his plate as well. This is just one of those "dirty" stories that illustrate the darker side of recruiting. I think CU could have handled it better, but it looks like Nick came out OK (particularly if he was getting calls from the likes of Wisconsin at the end). I'm very happy that he found a school that he seems glad to be at, and I wish him the best of luck with the Rebels.

Looks pretty good to me.....:huh:

Why did we walk away from him?

If I was being mean I'd say you answered your own question in the first sentence, but I won't say it as this is the recruiting forum.

He is no longer being recruited....so let me have it, bitch.

Wow....the loser announcer on ESPN just said that CU tried to re-recruit him after he picked UNLV. But he wanted to stick with UNLV to build a winner.

Not to be an ass or anything but who cares what he does? Last time I checked, he isn't here. If he pulls a Frazier and wins 2 titles, then ill feel bad.

I care. Interesting to follow someone who tried to commit to CU and was denied, especially when the passing game hasn't exactly been stellar. Just threw for another 50 yard touchdown. But mainly just interesting.

Not to be an ass or anything but who cares what he does? Last time I checked, he isn't here. If he pulls a Frazier and wins 2 titles, then ill feel bad.

Not to be an ass or anything, but if you don't care, don't click on the thread. Easy solution for everybody.

Not to be an ass or anything but **** u and take your own advice. No reason to put your 2 cents in, I wasn't asking u was I?

Not to be an ass or anything but **** u and take your own advice. No reason to put your 2 cents in, I wasn't asking u was I?

I care. Interesting to follow someone who tried to commit to CU and was denied, especially when the passing game hasn't exactly been stellar. Just threw for another 50 yard touchdown. But mainly just interesting.[/QUOTE. Umm that's great if qb was our only problem, I have a feeling, this dude,
wouldn't make much difference. That, of course is mho, don't tell azbuff lol.

Last edited:
I care. Interesting to follow someone who tried to commit to CU and was denied, especially when the passing game hasn't exactly been stellar. Just threw for another 50 yard touchdown. But mainly just interesting.[/QUOTE. Umm that's great if qb was our only problem, I have a feeling, this dude,
wouldn't make much difference. That, of course is mho, don't tell azbuff lol.

Not saying that it was, or even close is to the situation-just disappointed that a talented qb who was committed was turned away by the staff when other qbs were added in the same cycle. Same with the back that is at Houston. With that being said I didn't mean to start this into an argumentative thread, I just like to follow former CU commits and play the "what-if" game in my mind.

Last edited:
Not saying that it was, or even close is to the situation-just disappointed that a talented qb who was committed was turned away by the staff when other qbs were added in the same cycle. Same with the back that is at Houston. With that being said I didn't mean to start this into an argumentative thread, I just like to follow former CU commits and play the "what-if" game in my mind.
Dude it's no problem, post what u want. What back at Houston? U mean Catalon? He's at Tcu if so.

Yup. It isn't even difficult to fix. Very annoying.

Yep. You'd think that a mod who was annoyed by something like that would edit posts for the rest of our enjoyment instead of just posting a complaint.

Back