What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA RB Malcolm Creer (Signed to Colorado)

Really good read on Creer if you can stomach visiting the Fusker Bleacher Report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/568371-nebraska-recruiting-a-closer-look-at-cornhusker-recruit-malcolm-creer

Malcolm has only been playing football for three years and all of them at Palisades High School in Pacific Palisades, California. He finally cemented the starting spot as a junior, but saw limited carries. His team would post a 1-9 record and would undergo a coaching change soon thereafter.

The incoming coach, seeing Creer’s talents, switched the Palisades offense to the traditional wishbone offense with Malcolm as the lead back. 120 carries, a total of 1,270 yards and 19 touchdowns were the result.

Creer also served as a defensive back for Palisades recording 40 tackles and three interceptions. One was taken for a city-record long 108 yards this past season. He also returned kicks, one 86 yards and another 96 yards.

Competition, much like contact, is something that Malcolm doesn’t shy away from. “I can compete with anybody at any level. Doesn’t matter who you are, a big time running back, I’ll outwork you and I will succeed.”

Creer wants to make sure that not only Palisades football excels, but those in his community as well. “I work in a program with other teammates called Team Prime Time. I work as a counselor playing sports with disabled kids. We shine the spotlight on them and encourage them to work harder,” Malcolm said.

Lots more in the article.

I'm really loving this kid. Be a Buff, Malcolm!

Those stats are pretty sick: 1 TD per 6 carries; 10 yards per carry. No wonder his team underwent a coaching change...

It is a fair point, although I would not necessarily lump Tony Jones in with the rest of the group. He was not a sleeper in the true sense of the word. Colleges knew who he was, they just backed off with major grade concerns.

I thought he had an issue with an injury.

I thought he had an issue with an injury.

That was Trea Jones. Tony was an academic risk and both Michigan and Boston College backed off. Fortunately for us, Tony had a really strong senior year in the classroom and made it in.

How do you reconcile your first post "last spot for RB was going to the 1st to commit. Ameer Abdullah or Creer." with your second post "Only 2 offers so far...Idaho and CU."

Kind of hard to be the first to commit if you don't have an offer. Just sayin.

Read the rest of the post. May have offered on his visit. NU was taking 1 more Back. Abdullah visited 1st and took it. Both were wanted, 1 got it. Point being, a post insinuated EB was stealing him from us. Not the case, although, HAD he visited and got an offer, EB May have stolen him.

Read the rest of the post. May have offered on his visit. NU was taking 1 more Back. Abdullah visited 1st and took it. Both were wanted, 1 got it. Point being, a post insinuated EB was stealing him from us. Not the case, although, HAD he visited and got an offer, EB May have stolen him.

Yeah, they just wanted to give him the opportunity to see Lincoln in mid-winter so he could say he'd been there.

Get the **** out of here, go talk fusker recruiting on your own boards. We have nothing to do with each other anymore. Go away ...

Yeah, they just wanted to give him the opportunity to see Lincoln in mid-winter so he could say he'd been there.

I apologize...you're correct, despite Rivals showing no offer and the kid saying no offer yet.

Out of curiosity, does every kid that visits a place get or have an offer?

Heck, some kids WITH offers have it pulled when they show up aned their measurables are way overstated.

The guy looks legit. Be glad you DO have an offer out.

If this guy commits, I'll bet we see him pretty early on ST. I think I remember reading that the staff wants to place more of an emphasis on putting regulars/starters on ST, but I think Creer has enough ability on either side to warrant some PT on ST.

Hey Nik, has Warshington just jumped in the picture or have they always been there? Do you still have a good feeling?

Washington has been in the mix for awhile. It seems there is a question on whether there is a formal offer or not at this point, but it wouldn't be surprising if there is one during his official visit.

Last edited:
Hoping he commits and cancels his Washington visit for next weekend. UDub's about full anyway.

According to Greg Biggins' blog on ESPN, Washington has now offered.

"I just landed actually and I can already tell I'm going to like this place," Creer said. "It's really nice and I'm excited about the visit. It's my first one and I like the new coaching staff a lot. I like coach [Jon] Embree and I already feel a good bond with Eric Bieniemy. I'm eager to see the campus and learn more about the school.

"Next week, I have an official visit to Washington and both of these schools have offered me. My plan is to take both visits and then wait until signing day before I make my final decision. I was going to visit Nebraska too but they haven't offered me yet so I'm mainly looking at these two schools. After my visits, I'll sit down with my family and try and figure out the best place for me."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=biggins_greg

Visiting Washington next weekend but seems that he will commit to the Buffs from his comments this weekend on twitter.

Huskies are hosting a 4-star RB (on Rivals anyways) who is committed to WSU (in-state kid). If he changes his mind, I'm pretty sure they would be full at RB. Given there is at least one other RB visiting here, I think this kid better decide if he is in or out quickly, or he may be the guy looking at WSU....

Back