What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Michael Thomas

On buffalo chips radio Adam mentioned that Thomas was offered before Embree was hired and that the new staff never showed intrest in him. This could change since we missed out on Lucien.

He didn't pass the NCAA clearing house I guess which is why, I think he'll be a Buff though in the end.

On the radio, Adam M. never mentioned any academic problems and said that he didint understand why more schools were not interested. Does anyone actually know that grades are an issue or is that just speculation because he didint take any visits.

I heard that he didn't pass the clearing house, which makes me think it was grades, but I dunno.

Read it over at Rivals and think someone may have said it somewhere in this thread, just tossing things out.

Poster on Rivals says Thomas may be invited for a visit.

Makes me think they haven't got a strong case about grades.

I suggested in January that it was a NCAA clearinghouse situation. Zero chance he fell thru the cracks.

To be cleared, they need your paperwork, which they are good at losing. They look at a combo of ACT and GPA. They higher one is, the lower the other.

ACT scores are hard to improve much, unless they had no coaching/practice the first time. After that, it is what it is. GPA can be improved some depending on what is pulling it down. If the kid had 3 F's and the rest were ok, those F's can be replaced. Other classes can be made up (Katoa style) thru BYU extension on-line learning, one popular example.

Several high profile Cali WRs did not sign and are Juco bound unless they can achieve late qualifier status. Most times, there is no chance. If there's a chance one or more of the kids is close and can fix it, I'm sure Embree has his eye on it.

Why do you keep saying out of state athletes can just easily walk on? Do you know what out of state tuition is?

No, he doesn't. His Mom pays his tuition with one dollar bills.

A three or four star prospect is not going to walk-on at CU straight out of high school, ever.

Thomas will not be a walk on.

He was late getting a qualifying test score and then his grandmother died and he cancelled visits.

I believe he is cleared to visit and will be tripping to CU. Would be a great late addition to this class.

Thomas will not be a walk on.

He was late getting a qualifying test score and then his grandmother died and he cancelled visits.

I believe he is cleared to visit and will be tripping to CU. Would be a great late addition to this class.

So, academics aren't an issue and he wouldn't be a risk? If true and he signs with the B-n-G, double win!! Lets get him to Boulder.

Back