What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

850 postgame mentioned that he seems interested in Washington. Mark Johnson asked if Daigh could pull him to CU, and Daigh replied that everyone has to make their own choices.

Dude was absolutely BEASTLY at the game yesterday....2-3 times where he timed his blitz perfectly and nailed the QB before he even took 1 step from behind center

Embo & EB need to do everything possible to bring him to CU as he is a can't miss prospect from the state of CO

Dad came out again to say he'd like Leilon to stay close to home.

And today, Leilon cancelled his visit to TAMU.

:smile2:

Embo! Embo! Embo!

Our chances went from 0 to very probable once EB/Embo were hired....I'm certain Logan will have good things to say about CU for once again as well

Dad came out again to say he'd like Leilon to stay close to home.

And today, Leilon cancelled his visit to TAMU.

:smile2:

Embo! Embo! Embo!

I cannot imagine many recruits who could withstand the energy, charisma and powerful enthusiasm of one Jon Embree if he chose to unleash that upon you and your family. He'd drive off and the family would just be standing there, looking at the taillights with dazed grins on their faces, like they'd been chosen.

Heck, I waited in line at the Omni to shake his hand because my friend insisted, and he took a few minutes to ask who I was, focused on my answers, was absolutely intent and attentive despite a crowd swirling around him. I felt ... yeah, special. And that was just a meet and greet. He's going to be a hell of a recruiter.

Confused...did Willingham set up a new visit with TAMU? Looks that way. Found this nugget from a couple of weeks ago...

After speaking to the Denver, Colorado linebacker for about 20min tonight I get the feeling that A&M has a pretty good chance at landing the 6-2, 240-pounder.

He told me he speaks with Dat Nguyen at least once a week and likes the idea of continuing the linebacker tradition at A&M. He is going to officially visit A&M as soon as his season is over with Mullen HS. They are in the 4th round.

The connection to A&M is with current Aggie RB and Colorado native Mister Jones. Willingham and Jones grew up together and have kept in close contact over the years.

He lists Oregon, Washington, A&M, UCF and Arizona State as his top 5 in no specific order. He's already taken visits to Arizona State and Washington and he intends to take all 5 visits. He wants to wrap up the process in February close to signing day.

A&M is recruiting him at both inside and outside linebacker. He plays SAM for Mullen HS so he obviously can play either position at the next level.

Finally, he says UCF, A&M and Washington are recruiting him the hardest.

Willingham always intended to take his visits and take his time before announcing. I'm not sure whether he decided to go to TAMU or not. I had not heard that he opted to take the visit after all but maybe he did to see Mister.

Regardless, I expect good news on this front when all is said and done.

Confused...did Willingham set up a new visit with TAMU? Looks that way. Found this nugget from a couple of weeks ago...

Texan's always seem to believe the the football universe centers on them, then they get hurt when it doesn't turn out that way.

Leilon is a smart kid and is going to say nice things about whatever school is represented by the interviewer. Don't see a thing in this that says he is even close to committing and he is more likely to take his time before deciding.

I was listening to Dave Logan's show on the way home from work a couple days ago. A caller asked him about Mullen's LB's and whether they'd go to CU. He responded that Daigh has already committed but that CU has gotten in "pretty late" on Willingham. He wouldn't say anything else.

I hate this. This is a kid we should never allow outside the state of Colorado. I'm so freaking pissed.

I still wish J.E.'s first visit was here and not to some QB.

ASU has Burfict and a bunch of other VERY questionable characters playing on a young team whose off-the-field behavior brings back flashbacks of Miami during the Coach Erickson days. They are stacking up with kids that other coaches know can play but are afraid to admit into the program. And yes, this is first hand information as I am both a Zonie, and I have relatives in the AD at ASU, albeit in other sports. Erickson is re-building Thug U.

I get why Junior went there, but Willingham can do much better. If we are going to lose him, I wish he'd choose a clean program.

My take is that a former teammate of Willingham's has been bragging he can bring W. to ASU. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, so let's wait and see how the first few weeks of January turn out.

Leilon himself has not said anything to this effect. He may be smarter than the rumors indicate.

No one is confirming this random internet rumor. Looking less likely. Methinks Leilon is a crafty fellow. Bet he plays a mean game of poker.

I don't care how charismatic a coach is, they simply can't sell a kid in a month or two months as hard as somebody who's been on top of the situation for a year or two. I hate to say it but i've already scaled back expectations for this class and if we happen to land or steal some prospects (LW) like we did with Kasa, that would be great. It's gonna take time and some success to get back in these doors.

I don't care how charismatic a coach is, they simply can't sell a kid in a month or two months as hard as somebody who's been on top of the situation for a year or two. I hate to say it but i've already scaled back expectations for this class and if we happen to land or steal some prospects (LW) like we did with Kasa, that would be great. It's gonna take time and some success to get back in these doors.

I disagree. It's like the pretty girl across the room at a dance, who you've never seen before. It's possible to be intrigued at first meeting.

Back