What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

aggie says furk

Especially with Kubiak getting another year in the NFL.

Don't suppose a shake up of that staff would get Willingham to reconsider? Unless Sherman goes and they're quick to promote Deruyter to keep the staff and commits from unraveling.

Willingham official visit:

Was hosted by DeVaughn Thornton, of Denver East.

"Vaughnie" as the guys call him, is one of the friendliest, most charismatic, enthusiastic guys I've had the pleasure to meet. Younger players have always responded to him positively. This was a smart move by the coaching staff -- DeVaughn loves being a Buffalo, and I think that passion can be contagious.

Willingham still considers himself an Aggie commit although he enjoyed his visit.

Willingham still considers himself an Aggie commit although he enjoyed his visit.

But that interview was with an AtM reporter, correct?
It will stay "I'm committed" until the moment he changes his mind, if he does.

He'll have a few things to sort through and think over, at least.

But that interview was with an AtM reporter, correct?
It will stay "I'm committed" until the moment he changes his mind, if he does.

He'll have a few things to sort through and think over, at least.

It´s from Adam´s Twitter.

Still. He isn't going to say he's waivering, even if he is. Maybe he's solid, maybe not. But to keep all the balls in play, he maintains the commitment while he thinks it over.

Can´t comment on this, just thought I´d pass along what I read.

Can´t comment on this, just thought I´d pass along what I read.

Not contradicting you, either, the update is appreciated. I'm just thinking Mr. Willingham might let this all sink in for a few days. It's simmering now. He has a lot to think about.

This type of quote (from today) makes me think he is not a firmly committed young man, despite what he says.
"I'm still committed to Texas A&M," he said. "I'm still going to [visit] A&M next weekend. I'm going to UCF the weekend after that."

Willingham is still committed to A&M, but I'd call it a soft verbal. He takes an official to College Station next week, then wraps it up with an Orlando visit (Central Florida) on the 29th.

If he wants to take those visits, and he should, then he's not going to comment on anything until after all 3 are taken.

He's got one school wrapped up, and he has others interested. Let him enjoy the process.

I get that Mister Jones goes to aTm, but does anyone know the connection to UCF? Seems kind of random.

I get that Mister Jones goes to aTm, but does anyone know the connection to UCF? Seems kind of random.

I got he feeling he bought into "The wrecking crew" hype this year. I think the bowl game showed them the truth.

Ignore this post, I can't read.

Last edited:

I believe that he is friends with Brandon Marshall's nephew Rayshon Williams who is a strong UCF lean. I believe that is his only connection to that program.

My guess is that he is friends with Rayshon Williams, a teammate at Mullen High and nephew of Brandon Marshall. Well, Rayshon is considered a UCF lock and might be influencing Leilon. Plus UCF finished the year in the top 25 and is one of the biggest colleges in the US. Lots going on at UCF these days. Boulder is way nicer, but Orlando is a fun spot for a kid. I get why he's having a look.

Edit...Tatonka had it...oops.

George O'Leary has built a pretty good program down there. Seems like notre dame could use an Irishman like that guy.

George O'Leary has built a pretty good program down there. Seems like notre dame could use an Irishman like that guy.

Didn't he have a bogus resume? Liars are not welcome at the golden dome.

Back