What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

No ****. If your are off of Disney property the place is a hole.

Now, i dont live in Orlando, but i go there semi frequently and I believe the opposite. Disney and the Celebration community represent the worst aspects of the metro area. Neighborhoods like College Park in Orlando proper and especially the suburb of Winter Park are very nice. Sadly, 99% of visitors will never see these spots.

One thing that I hope he keeps in mind is that aTm is like a lot of Texas schools in that if everything is equal between a kid from Texas and a kid from someplace else, the Texas kid is always going to get the preference. This doesn't mean that he can't get a fair shake but he shouldn't be surprised if decisions are made to keep the Texas HS coaches and the local Texas fans happy, after all that is where they will always get 80%+ of their roster. Florida schools can be the same way as can schools in other states or areas with a lot of home based recruits every year.

On the other hand kids coming into a school like Colorado or another school in a state that doesn't have the huge population and recruiting base are not going to face the same issues because those schools are not going to risk their out of state recruiting in favor of a small home state recruiting base.

"I'm still committed to Texas A&M," he said. "I'm still going to [visit] A&M next weekend. I'm going to UCF the weekend after that." .

Wait, he committed to eATMe without visiting down there? Why? Now, I'm not saying anything here, but one of the things that got SMU investigated during the Pony Express days was recruits committing without visiting the campus. Maybe times have changed, but it's surprising to me that someone would commit to spending 3-5 years of their life somewhere without visiting first.

Wait, he committed to eATMe without visiting down there? Why? Now, I'm not saying anything here, but one of the things that got SMU investigated during the Pony Express days was recruits committing without visiting the campus. Maybe times have changed, but it's surprising to me that someone would commit to spending 3-5 years of their life somewhere without visiting first.

IIRC, he is related to Mister Jones. Since Mister went to Collieville, Willingham may be more likely to go there too...FWIW.

What got SMU investigated is former SMU players saying publicly that they'd been paid to go there. Players committ before they've taken an official visit all the time, such as Stevie Joe Dorman, for example.

And not taking an official visit doesn't mean he hasn't visited the campus. He could have gone down there to visit Mister Jones.

College Station, TX
740_MKT_BRYAN_COLLEGE_STATION_IMG_3412.jpg

Boulder, CO

boulder_1.jpg

Yeah, I know. Kids don't give a crap about this, but what the hell?

We will no doubt take Willingham if possible but we now have 3 LB commits in Daigh, Greer, and Tuumalo. 4 would be a lot but I'd take it

you can't, but it's still irrelevant. BoulderBuff has it right - you take special athletes and work it out later. Competition has a way of working it out.

you can't, but it's still irrelevant. BoulderBuff has it right - you take special athletes and work it out later. Competition has a way of working it out.

I completely agree with you guys. That's why I wanted Dorian Brown or AMM (just one), because they too fit this bill. If you see a special football player and athlete, you take him and find a way to get him on the field.

You guys gotta remember, these kids have been talking to schools for 2-3 years and probably have a good bond with the coaches and know how they'd fit there, not using that as an excuse but just throwing it out there.

You guys gotta remember, these kids have been talking to schools for 2-3 years and probably have a good bond with the coaches and know how they'd fit there, not using that as an excuse but just throwing it out there.

That's one of the reasons I'm confident. Cabral has been recruiting him all that time.

Actually, they have NOT been talking to coaches that long. There are limits prior to junior year, restrictions during the junior year, and a calendar during the senior year. But Buffnik is right: Cabral has done the maximum allowed and that steady, calm stream of information will serve us well.

I know there are limitations but the past two years have been really un-certain at CU and potential recruits aren't sure at which direction the program is going in, and teenage brains don't do what people think or want them to do.

Per Rivals, he may not take his visit to aTm this weekend and that Michigan is in the picture now and also that he did enjoy his visit to CU this past weekend.

Per Rivals, he may not take his visit to aTm this weekend and that Michigan is in the picture now and also that he did enjoy his visit to CU this past weekend.

Let's be careful about what we re-report from premium boards, especially when it is scoop brought by one of that board's employees. We need to give stuff like this at least a day to age before posting it on our free board (or until someone else reports the same information and it is, therefore, no longer scoop).

Let's be careful about what we re-report from premium boards, especially when it is scoop brought by one of that board's employees. We need to give stuff like this at least a day to age before posting it on our free board (or until someone else reports the same information and it is, therefore, no longer scoop).
Gotcha. It was just said on the BuffChipsRadio however but I'll be more careful.

As to the substance of the scoop, it would be pretty good news for CU if he decided to pass on the aTm visit. Seems like the odds may be shifting a bit in our favor.

If he passes on his OV to TAMU, then I would expect that his commitment there is extremely soft, and he is essentially open to lots of alternatives.

Sounds more and more like he will be visiting Michigan this weekend.

EDIT: Not really sure what to make of this news. I think our chances increased quite a bit, but I also think this one goes all the way until signing day.

Sounds more and more like he will be visiting Michigan this weekend.

EDIT: Not really sure what to make of this news. I think our chances increased quite a bit, but I also think this one goes all the way until signing day.

I like getting A&M out of the picture. But now I'm stressing that getting Kellen Jones to visit has backfired on us. Totally agree that we won't know until National Signing Day or the dead period the couple days leading up to it.

I like getting A&M out of the picture. But now I'm stressing that getting Kellen Jones to visit has backfired on us. Totally agree that we won't know until National Signing Day or the dead period the couple days leading up to it.

Beat me to the punch, Nik. However, it seems that a common thread with his other schools of interest have been that he has no real ties to the schools other than a friend or relative who is or will be attending there. If this is a case of him befriending Jones and being swayed toward Michigan, that could cool off eventually much the same way that apparently aTm has.

From Scout's Prep Colorado Site:

Willingham decommitted (from A&M) on Wednesday. Top five for his signature are Colorado, Arizona State, Washington, Central Florida, and Michigan.

Plans to take all five visits before deciding/announcing. So far as been to: Arizona State, Washington, and Colorado.

Last edited:
Back