What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

Well getting him would salvage this class, not that it's a bad class but would be nice to not finish dead last in the Big 12 and Pac 12 in recruiting.

Totally agree. A 20% chance isn't bad though, I mean at least we have a shot but I hope we don't have to play him every year.

Totally agree. A 20% chance isn't bad though, I mean at least we have a shot but I hope we don't have to play him every year.

I'm missing the logic - he's the class savior but you don't want to play him? If he's that good, he should be a 5 star and be starting by the spring game.

I'm missing the logic - he's the class savior but you don't want to play him? If he's that good, he should be a 5 star and be starting by the spring game.

He meant "not playing him" as an opponent of CU if he goes to, say, Michigan or A&M, which aren't in the Pac 12.

Gut feeling.

I get kind of the opposite feeling. Don't know where he is going to end up but to me the longer he isn't committed to somebody else the better chance that Embree wins him over to be a Buff. The biggest disadvantage CU has with him is that other schools had a longer time to establish a relationship with him, the longer he waits the more CU can overcome that.

On the other hand in addition to the advantages that CU has for any student athlete Boulder is close enough for him to stay in easy contact with family and friends but far enough away that he can have his own space. Hope this ends up CU and nothing so far leads to believe that it isn't going to.

Let's get back to this. What leads you to believe he's gone?

Gut feeling.

My gut says otherwise. Also that scrambled egg, bacon and potato burrito is an excellent way to start Saturday morning.

opinion.jpg

I get kind of the opposite feeling.
:thumbsup:

He seems to be looking at every possible avenue out of the state. Even by way of Central Florida, which is a joke. The issue I have is he seems to lean hard or need the validation of a few close confidants/homies/boyz, among them Mister Jones, Brandon Marshall's relative, hell maybe even Jones at Michigan in this short period of time... yet his dad doesn't seem to be the one he wants to lean towards as he keeps searching or this would have been concluded already with him pledging to the Buffs.

I think this kid is looking to get away, but his dad very much wants him to stay here. The situation sounds EERILY familiar to the Diante Jackson fiasco only Willingham hasn't dropped any info on a coach he's truly in love with, like how Diante was with Kiesau. That sorta works in our favor.

I think he ends up a Buff but it's going to be an acrimonious decision within the family. We'll see.

He also wants to be on a winning team. The more recruits that commit to CU who interest Leilon, the better for us.
And this weekend (with the perfect "snow on the ground, sunny day in Boulder weather") could turn a few guys into Buffs.

The momentum helps with all the undecideds.

I really doubt he knows where he wants to go right now, so assuming any of his top five teams are out of it is jumping the gun a bit.

It just seems that we have trouble with in state kids that decide late. We have the best luck with kids that are onboard early.

He seems to be looking at every possible avenue out of the state. Even by way of Central Florida, which is a joke. The issue I have is he seems to lean hard or need the validation of a few close confidants/homies/boyz, among them Mister Jones, Brandon Marshall's relative, hell maybe even Jones at Michigan in this short period of time... yet his dad doesn't seem to be the one he wants to lean towards as he keeps searching or this would have been concluded already with him pledging to the Buffs.

I think this kid is looking to get away, but his dad very much wants him to stay here. The situation sounds EERILY familiar to the Diante Jackson fiasco only Willingham hasn't dropped any info on a coach he's truly in love with, like how Diante was with Kiesau. That sorta works in our favor.

I think he ends up a Buff but it's going to be an acrimonious decision within the family. We'll see.

I hope he's a buff, seems to like the drama of all this. On a side note, Hasn't UCF done some pretty significant things with a young program? They went 11-3 and beat Georgia in a bowl game. (and yes, I know UGA was bad last year.) Just saying it might be a mistake to dismiss them.

I hope he's a buff, seems to like the drama of all this. On a side note, Hasn't UCF done some pretty significant things with a young program? They went 11-3 and beat Georgia in a bowl game. (and yes, I know UGA was bad last year.) Just saying it might be a mistake to dismiss them.

Nevada did some pretty nice things with its program, but that does not vault them into the conversation with some of the other programs that he could go to. My point is, I have to imagine that but for the Williams connection, UCF would not be in play at all, even with their relative success.

Nevada did some pretty nice things with its program, but that does not vault them into the conversation with some of the other programs that he could go to. My point is, I have to imagine that but for the Williams connection, UCF would not be in play at all, even with their relative success.

In that case, Sweet!

Back