What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO RB Adonis Ameen-Moore (Verbal to Syracuse)

Re: '11 CO RB Adonis Ameen-Moore

Ok...This is what I could find on Mullen recruits by going of the Colorado top 25 recruits list on Rivals and finding where they went...I only looked at Mullen, and I'm sure there's interesting info on other schools

2009 - Mullen - 3 D1 Signings - (CU = 0/2 - Ragland was our fault and we never really wanted him)
- Alex Logan – Cal
- Ryan Hewitt – Stanford
- Charles Ragland – Cal (CU did NOT offer til late)

2008- Mullen – 4 D-1 signings - (CU = 1/2 of guys we recruited)
- Bryce Givens – Colorado
- Nolan Breswster – Texas (CU had no shot as his dad coaching @ Minn.)
- Jimmy Miller – SDSU (CU Did NOT Recruit)
- Jonathan Gaye – CSU (CU Did NOT Recruit)

2007 - Mullen – 5 D-1 signings (CU = 1/3 of guys we recruited)
- Clint Brewster – Minnesota (CU did not recruit)
- Devin Agilar – Washington
- Steve Watson – Michigan
- Shawn Daniels – Colorado
- Phillip Morelli – CSU (CU Did not Recruit)

2006 - Mullen – 3 D1 Recruits (CU = 0/1 of guys we went after)
- Chris Guarnero – Cal
- Chris Carney – KJuco (CU Did NOT Recruit)
- Ricky Brewer – CSU (CU Did NOT Recruit)

2005 -Mullen – 3 D1 Recruits (CU = 2/4)
- Maurice Greer – Colorado
- Jesse White – OU
- Grant Crunkleton – ASU
- Ben Burney - Colorado

2004 - Mullen - 0 Recruits

2003 - Mullen - 2 D1 Recruits (CU = 2/2)
- Brian Daniels – Colorado
- Stephonne Robinson – Colorado

Bottom Line: CU has landed 6 out of 14 (43%) of Mullen guys recruited....Definately not good numbers, but not bad either...BUT I do remember Barnett doing very well with Mullen guys (see 2003 & 2005 years) and Hawkins has yet to establish that relationship....this could obviously be due to our lack of success in recent years as well as Dave Logan being a TERRIBLE ambassador for the Buffs

Out of curiosity, why did you start at 2003? Because that year is clearly an outlier in terms of CU being 2/2. I would also question the inclusion of Mo Greer on that list as he did not ever enroll at CU, although I suppose you could make the argument that he did sign an LOI.

I also think the 'CU did not recruit' disclaimers you put in there are a bit misleading. CU didn't recruit several of them because they had their sights set higher out of the gate.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, why did you start at 2003? Because that year is clearly an outlier in terms of CU being 2/2. I would also question the inclusion of Mo Greer on that list as he did not ever enroll at CU, although I suppose you could make the argument that he did sign an LOI.

2003 was the furthest I could look back...couldn't find all the info. laid in front of me before 2003

Mo Greer did sign a LOI, and there are other extenuating circumstances with a # of players who did & did not sign with the Buffs on the list....trying to nitpick what happend on the recruit trail, or what happend to the kids after they signed is moot in this argument

2003 was the furthest I could look back...couldn't find all the info. laid in front of me before 2003

Mo Greer did sign a LOI, and there are other extenuating circumstances with a # of players who did & did not sign with the Buffs on the list....trying to nitpick what happend on the recruit trail, or what happend to the kids after they signed is moot in this argument

Maybe, but the argument is that not many of Mullen's D-I players go to CU. I think your list reinforces that fact.

Even if you count Mo Greer, that is only 6 out of 20 to go to CU in the past 5 years. That's not a great percentage, especially when you take into account that only 3 of the ones who picked CU were highly sought after recruits (Givens, Greer and Brian Daniels).

Last edited:

I also think the 'CU did not recruit' disclaimers you put in there are a bit misleading. CU didn't recruit several of them because they had their sights set higher out of the gate.

And some of the recruits on there that we offered we hardly recruited at all...such as Ryan Hewitt & Alex Logan this year...

Obviously the more we try to dig into this argument, the less we know

Maybe, but the argument is that not many of Mullen's D-I players go to CU. I think your list reinforces that fact.

Even if you count Mo Greer, that is only 6 out of 20 to go to CU in the past 5 years. That's not a great percentage, especially when you take into account that only 3 of them were highly sought after recruits (Givens, Greer and Brian Daniels).

I don't disagree with your point...but offhand when I was looking at other schools such as Cherry Creek, the percentage of Mullen kids landed was on par or better with them

Mullen sticks out a little bit because there are such a large # of kids that sign elsewhere, so when we land 1 of 4 you see 3 misses...trying to compare Mullen to Boulder or something like Sacky did is also unfair because they get maybe 1 D-1 recruit every 2-3 years, and CU get a fair amount of walkons from these programs that shouldn't be included in this argument

Last edited:

Dave's job is not to recruit for the Buffs. His job is to help his athletes get scholarships wherever they can & want to go.

He already did that when he recruited them to Mullen in the first place. It's a mercenary mentality. I think the numbers that have been offered here not only reinforce that notion, but prove it.

There is no doubt Ameen-Moore is a buiser, but show me 220 lbs RBs in high school who arent, especially running behind a line littered with D1 talent. Ameen-Moore does not have the foot speed that makes big backs, like Jerome Bettis and Brandon Jacobs effective....The good news is, he will only be a junior next year and still has time to develop.

...I think there are two 11' prospects on Mullens roster who are going to be better overall prospects than Adonis: Rayshon Williams WR is Brandon Marshalls nephew and IF Marshall stays in Denver that means Williams stays in Colorado and you would have to like the Buffs chances. The second prospect is LB Leilon Willingham who once he physically matures (the same can be said for Ameen-Moore though) is going to be a beast.....

There is no doubt Ameen-Moore is a buiser, but show me 220 lbs RBs in high school who arent, especially running behind a line littered with D1 talent. Ameen-Moore does not have the foot speed that makes big backs, like Jerome Bettis and Brandon Jacobs effective....The good news is, he will only be a junior next year and still has time to develop.

...I think there are two 11' prospects on Mullens roster who are going to be better overall prospects than Adonis: Rayshon Williams WR is Brandon Marshalls nephew and IF Marshall stays in Denver that means Williams stays in Colorado and you would have to like the Buffs chances. The second prospect is LB Leilon Willingham who once he physically matures (the same can be said for Ameen-Moore though) is going to be a beast.....

It's too bad that we have 0 shot at these kids, why even bother to recruit them because they all have a mercinary mentality and are going to go anywhere else but CU.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!

I'm not much for wild conspiracy theories, so I'll take what I think the numbers really mean. Every kid that is heavily recruited wants to play for a place that is going to win and they have a shot at a national title. In the past 7 years CU has done nothing to inspire kids to think that could happen. I might believe this cockamamy if we win 10 games this year and just as many the following year and all these Mullen guys still leave. Until then, I'll take it for what it really means....that CU football has been terrible as of recent years.

And with that said...I'm done with this argument

I read somewhere that someone was putting together a contingent of CU fans to show up at an Austin Hinder game to show him some love this fall. It's an intriguing idea.

If you think Mullen has athletes that would be a good fit for CU, pick a game, promote it, and have a black and gold cheering section, showing them we are interested.

There's no NCAA rule against attending HS games if you don't intentionally interact with athletes other than showing team spirit/support.

To be on a player's radar, WE as fans have to show interest as well as hope he responds to what our program offers. It's something a lot easier for local CU fans to do, than say fly in a group from Stanford to cheer.

I read somewhere that someone was putting together a contingent of CU fans to show up at an Austin Hinder game to show him some love this fall. It's an intriguing idea.

If you think Mullen has athletes that would be a good fit for CU, pick a game, promote it, and have a black and gold cheering section, showing them we are interested.

There's no NCAA rule against attending HS games if you don't intentionally interact with athletes other than showing team spirit/support.

To be on a player's radar, WE as fans have to show interest as well as hope he responds to what our program offers. It's something a lot easier for local CU fans to do, than say fly in a group from Stanford to cheer.

THIS.

I have little experience with HS games anywhere outside of CO, even though I now live in OR. I wonder if other more FB crazy schools don't do this. It probably would not be that hard to organize, especially if there are games that are in/around Boulder. For Hinder, I think that Steamboat plays AT Glenwood Springs this year; that's not THAT far from Boulder. Trying to get some folks to a Littleton game (Mister Jones) and a Denver East game next season wouldn't be a bad idea, and neither would getting a contingent to a Mullen game.

Now, who wants to spearhead it? :smile2:

THIS.

I have little experience with HS games anywhere outside of CO, even though I now live in OR. I wonder if other more FB crazy schools don't do this. It probably would not be that hard to organize, especially if there are games that are in/around Boulder. For Hinder, I think that Steamboat plays AT Glenwood Springs this year; that's not THAT far from Boulder. Trying to get some folks to a Littleton game (Mister Jones) and a Denver East game next season wouldn't be a bad idea, and neither would getting a contingent to a Mullen game.

Now, who wants to spearhead it? :smile2:

I'll coordinate a Mullen/Creek game....maybe somehow we can sway Kain Coulter from Creek as well

The only reason why Adonis will be a difficult recruit to real in will be because he'll be the #1 recruit in the nation .....

I seriously doubt this Rr. He may be an exceptional player, but he'll be overshadowed by other players in heavily populated states like tejass, caleeefornia, fla., etc., where the recruiting services have taken up residence.

I seriously doubt this Rr. He may be an exceptional player, but he'll be overshadowed by other players in heavily populated states like tejass, caleeefornia, fla., etc., where the recruiting services have taken up residence.

Well the dude is being written up already on Rivals having not even played his junior year....check the front page of the CU Rivals....he's the main story...I'd say he has a good shot

I'll coordinate a Mullen/Creek game....maybe somehow we can sway Kain Coulter from Creek as well

I think all the CU fans need to sport the black and gold, and sit on one side of the stadium. So either we split up, or we insult one side or the other team.

I think we have a better chance at impressing Mullen guys, but that's just me.

Or we could go to one Mullen game - against anyone else,
and one Creek game - against anyone else.

Denver East for sure. I'll be at some of their games anyway - know the kids. Have to keep an eye on big Lexington Smith and Michael Waddy. LS is a good lean toward CU if my sources are right. Waddy not leaning anywhere at the moment.

But I could pack away the red for an afternoon or friday night and wear CU gear as part of the effort. I know it would bring a tear to Woolfork's eye to see a group of Buffs cheer on his team.

BTW ... not that it matters, but East's principal is also a CU grad. Heard he said he was renewing season tickets on signing day.

THIS.

For Hinder, I think that Steamboat plays AT Glenwood Springs this year; that's not THAT far from Boulder.

If Steamboat plays at Glenwood, that's the game I'd be at.
Just waiting for the schedules to be posted.

Well the dude is being written up already on Rivals having not even played his junior year....check the front page of the CU Rivals....he's the main story...I'd say he has a good shot

There are several top sophomores from other states that are being written about as well. He will not be the top recruit in the nation. He probably will not be the top RB recruit in the nation. But he will be an elite prospect most likely.

:confused: take a look at the rivals 100 right now, the number 1 player is from st. paul, minnesota. much ****tier than colorado prep.

If Steamboat plays at Glenwood, that's the game I'd be at.
Just waiting for the schedules to be posted.

That game could be a madhouse. GWS doesn't exactly have a 15,000 seat field. And word I'm getting from those who have seen Hinder is that it might be best not to believe the hype... In fact, one person who had seen both told me that GWS QB from last year was a vastly superior player to Hinder. Only problem is he measured under 6'0", and he's headed off to a D-III school in Montana.

That game could be a madhouse. GWS doesn't exactly have a 15,000 seat field. And word I'm getting from those who have seen Hinder is that it might be best not to believe the hype... In fact, one person who had seen both told me that GWS QB from last year was a vastly superior player to Hinder. Only problem is he measured under 6'0", and he's headed off to a D-III school in Montana.

I did notice yesterday that Hinder was beat out this year for 3A all-state QB by Dakota Stonehouse (who went Div, II), but I just figured it was because he has such a cool Hollywood name.
:smile2:

CHeck out some Columbine games so we can get Danny Spond, he is a great athlete. Fun to watch on defense when he plays it as well. STATE CHAMPS!!!!

CHeck out some Columbine games so we can get Danny Spond, he is a great athlete. Fun to watch on defense when he plays it as well. STATE CHAMPS!!!!

Should we start a thread wherein fans know when a CU contingent is going to wear the B&G, attend a high school game (and which side we are sitting on) and who we are cheering for?

It's long ways off, but we could do it. At least we'd quit taking this thread OT so often.

And ... state champs? ... I think that was Mullen. :rolleyes:

Or, are you planning ahead for this year's big comeback for Columbine?

Early top three of Texas, Alabama, and CU. Luckily next year's RB class in Texas might have three 5* quality players so they might not have room.

IMO, we should take two in 2010 and then it should be Adonis or bust for 2011.

Early top three of Texas, Alabama, and CU. Luckily next year's RB class in Texas might have three 5* quality players so they might not have room.

IMO, we should take two in 2010 and then it should be Adonis or bust for 2011.

Sacky - does your bank have any open management positions?

Back