What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO RB Adonis Ameen-Moore (Verbal to Syracuse)

Oh, so all we have to do is win some games? That ought to be easy enough.

I'd really love to see this kid in Boulder. We can't let him slip away.

I suppose it's debatable as to whether he is the best player in Colorado or not, but he will certainly be the most highly touted player in Colorado next year. We can't afford to be losing players of this caliber. The staff needs to be very diligent on this.

I suppose it's debatable as to whether he is the best player in Colorado or not, but he will certainly be the most highly touted player in Colorado next year. We can't afford to be losing players of this caliber. The staff needs to be very diligent on this.

Maybe by the high school sportswriters. But I think the odds are pretty good Leilon Willingham or Brendon Austin are going to be more highly touted players in recruiting circles.

Next year's recruiting cycle is huge in CO. There are some great players, and this really aggravates my annoyance with Hawk's keeping his job. If he doesn't win, he's a lame duck coach. I hope these kids realize how great of a place Boulder is, and how good of an academic institution CU is. There's a lot to love about Boulder.

I think our first target needs to be that transfer from KState that wants to walk-on at CU. He needs to keep talking to his former teammates and convince them - CU is a great school with good football roots. They can help bring the program back to where it should be - national prominence.

AAM may not be the best prospect in CO, but he is still an important get in my opinion. So are his teammates and others in the state...I hope Hawk is able to sell these kids on the university.

Maybe by the high school sportswriters. But I think the odds are pretty good Leilon Willingham or Brendon Austin are going to be more highly touted players in recruiting circles.

who are these two guys, as well as who are the d1 players in state for next year? seems like next year co. will have alot of d1 kids.

who are these two guys, as well as who are the d1 players in state for next year? seems like next year co. will have alot of d1 kids.

If you take a look at the "sticky" threads at the top of the forum, you'll notice that we have some very useful resource threads for checking out players CU is looking at. We put some extra in-state guys in that would likely become preferred walk-ons if they don't get any D1 scholarship offers.

Recruit Profile Links for 2010 Class

Recruit Profile Links for 2011 Class

And, yes, 2011 is looking strong for in-state recruiting. There are a number of good linebackers, some good running backs, some good o-linemen and even some guys at WR and DB who might be BCS caliber (unusual for Colorado prep football).

:smile:

I would match up Corey Ayers LB at Legacy against Leilon Willingham any day of the week. Who is Leilon Willingham? he came from no where to be a top player

I would match up Corey Ayers LB at Legacy against Leilon Willingham any day of the week. Who is Leilon Willingham? he came from no where to be a top player

As both a sophomore and a junior he's been a big part of a defense that's won consecutive 5A state championships. He's also got prototypical size and speed for a linebacker. Willingham is a really great prospect. That's nothing against Corey, who could really move up by camping well, adding some bulk, and having another big year as a senior.

Anyway, let's try to get this back on topic. It is the Adonis profile thread after all. :smile:

So how good is this guy? Top 100 in the nation? Top 10 RB in the nation?

Glad to see we stepped up with his first offer, hopefully Hawk and crew try their offer everyone philosophy on Mullen next year.

So how good is this guy? Top 100 in the nation? Top 10 RB in the nation?

Glad to see we stepped up with his first offer, hopefully Hawk and crew try their offer everyone philosophy on Mullen next year.

To give you some idea, Scout ranked 29 running backs as 4* or better for the 2010 class (6 were 5* prospects). For 2011, so far they've given a 4* or better to 18 guys (1 is a 5*). Adonis is one of their early 4* guys. It's going to vary from year to year, but it's a safe bet that he's considered one of the top 30 running backs in the country heading into his senior year.

Sounds pretty good, probably a top 250 player or so. What's the question on him? Someone posted that he may not be fast enough, is that it? Judging by his size, hopefully he has a pretty brutal running style.

He's a big, strong runner with good explosiveness through the hole. He may not have the breakaway speed that others possess, but he is a load to deal with.

Please tell me you aren't really Corey's dad as you state on this other thread! Hyping Corey is a dis-service as a parent. Questioning "his competition"? Seriously? This is the quickest way to assure Corey is avoided like the plague....

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/44049-2011-in-state-Recruiting?highlight=ayers

Oregon appears to like the Thunder and Lightning combos that USC used with Bush/White. Oregon will need a replacement for their thumper that is graduatiing.

Yeah it seems like it. They got a lot of lightning this year, I guess they're going for the thunder this next year.

Yeah it seems like it. They got a lot of lightning this year, I guess they're going for the thunder this next year.

LeGarrette Blount (6'2" 245) was supposed to be the thunder part this year. He was the one who got suspended for throwing the punch after the Boise game. LaMichael James (5'9" 180) had to take the majority of the snaps after that.

Ah yeah, I meant recruiting wise. They got 3 smallish scatback LaMichael James types, so in 2011 I'm assuming they're going to go after some bigger guys like AAM.

Scout has an update for AAM. Not sounding very good for us.

“I will tell you right now, Nebraska and Washington are my top two teams, and Nebraska is on top.
"Nebraska, they always produce good running backs. I like the way they play, the way they use their running backs. I’ve been liking Nebraska for a long time. I like how they are known for their backs, that’s why I’m trying to go there.”
:bang:

edit: oops forgot to link: http://nebraska.scout.com/2/949120.html

Last edited:
Nebraska is known for their backs? I thought they were known for their defense.

They had that nice run in the late 90s, but that was over a decade ago. And CU's back were just as good in the 1990s. We actually had a Heisman winner at RB. Advantage to the Nubs on the running ability of its QBs back in the day, but we still had Hagan and that doesn't impact AMM anyway.

For the 2000s, I'll take Colorado's 5 main guys (Chris Brown, Bobby Purify, Lawrence Vickers, Hugh Charles and Rodney Stewart) over Nebraska's 5 main guys (Jammal Lord, Roy Helu, Dahrran Diedrick, Cory Ross and Marlon Lucky). Seriously, Adonis needs to get himself some better information.

Shows how far a coach's recruiting bulls**t can get you. Quick, name one Nub running back currently in the NFL....exactly.

Yeah I could definitely disagree with him on the RB part, what mostly concerns me is how Nebraska already leads for him without even offering and we're not even a close second.

Back