What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #3 Baylor - March 17th, 6.40pm MT - NCAA Tournament 3rd Round Game Thread

What speech? Was it at the pre-game rally or something?

AoOFFVYCMAA5Qd4.jpg:large

True - yours is a little bigger -

Still don't think you understand the differences in distribution. Your mega TV contract just locked the Big XII in for 19mm a year per program for the next 13 years.
The PAC 12 is locked in for an average of 21 million a year per program over the next 12 years. PLUS - the PAC 12 networks, bringing our conference distribution to ~30-40 million a year.
Might be just me, but doubt Baylor's tier 3 rights can make up the 10-20 million more per year Colorado and every other PAC 12 program will be bringing in.

Walrus - for your numbers -

"Off the top of my head, four years from today, I would not be surprised if the Pac-12 schools saw $12-15 million distribution (each) from the Pac-12 Networks," Maestas said. "The truth is, it could actually be 30-40 percent higher than that."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...41_pac-12_networks_how_to_get_rich_quick.html

I'm not feelin' it for the game. Sorry. Just seems like bailer is not a good match for us physically. Tell me why I should take heart. Bailer seems kind of like Stanford, physically. Stanford was a horrible match. My big hope is in Tad. The guy will have to coach his ass off to win this one.

I'm not feelin' it for the game. Sorry. Just seems like bailer is not a good match for us physically. Tell me why I should take heart. Bailer seems kind of like Stanford, physically. Stanford was a horrible match. My big hope is in Tad. The guy will have to coach his ass off to win this one.
Had had the same feeling in a couple of the Pac 12 tourney games too, those turned out all right. Now lets go crush some Bear!

You do understand that four teams have defected from the Big XII to three different conferences in the last few years, right? I mean teams that were right there already, but decided they'd rather be in another conference.

In fact, your own team made a bid for the PAC not so long ago.

Did you really just make that argument? That teams are flocking to the Big XII? **** me.

What we've figured in the last 2 days on CU board is that you all don't even read your own thread. You comment on one of our replies to another poster and make it about something completely opposite? You all are the most confusing people we're ever run across....

I was replying to one of your idiotic posters who was saying Pac 12's penis is bigger because you have more Revenue to share than the Big 12's. I was making a sexual reference back to your poster that maybe Pac 12's is bigger but people flock to ours because overall we know how to use it and it's better. Meaning woman like a man who know how to use it over size anyday.....not that I'd know:)

I wasn't talking about 4 teams defecting - it was a sexual reference in reponse to your brilliant poster - so no - that wasn't at all what I was arguing - please read your own threads before replying.......you all really are high out there aren't u.....

What we've figured in the last 2 days on CU board is that you all don't even read your own thread. You comment on one of our replies to another poster and make it about something completely opposite? You all are the most confusing people we're ever run across....

I was replying to one of your idiotic posters who was saying Pac 12's penis is bigger because you have more Revenue to share than the Big 12's. I was making a sexual reference back to your poster that maybe Pac 12's is bigger but people flock to ours because overall we know how to use it and it's better. Meaning woman like a man who know how to use it over size anyday.....not that I'd know:)

I wasn't talking about 4 teams defecting - it was a sexual reference in reponse to your brilliant poster - so no - that wasn't at all what I was arguing - please read your own threads before replying.......you all really are high out there aren't u.....
Why are you so into the "sexual reference" stuff? Weird, man!

but people flock to ours because overall we know how to use it and it's better. Meaning woman like a man who know how to use it over size anyday.....not that I'd know:).

Seriously? Baptists? Religious zealots who are afraid of their own naked bodies talking sex smack?!?!?!?

Holy s*$# bubu, you are so freakin' far out of your league right now...

Oh I forgot to mention the biggest reason why the Pac-12 is better then the Big-12.... The Pac-12 leadership is probably the best in college football lead by Larry Scott while the Big-12's is well.... I think you know the answer to that lol.

First off, I'm not high. I'm in the armed services in Afghanistan where that sort of thing is frowned upon.

Secondly, I made the penis joke, because the discussion we were indulging is sometimes referred to as "comparing dick sizes". My conference makes more money than yours, sort of banter.

As we extended the dick metaphor (so to speak) you suggested that more people flock to yours because you know how to use it better. In the world of metaphors we were still talking about conferences (or at least that's how it supposed to work--but you really were talking about dicks missing the subtext entirely). The implication of your statement (in a normal world) was that your conference was better, therefore teams were attracted to it.

Therefore, I responded in kind.

I'm quite aware of the posts I'm writing in this thread. But clearly I gave you far too much credit to keep up with the conversation. So you may call me an "idiotic poster" if you wish. But I assure you, any non-biased reader of this thread would conclude that such a title was misplaced in your post.

How much Baylor ball have you watched, old man?

They are tied for third in the Big 12. They are streaky, looking good against KU in the conference tourney, but had their asses handed to the squawks in the previous two meetings. They weren't competitive against Mizzou. They failed to sweep K-State. (Boyle is 3-0 against the kitties). Their only wins at altitude was an 86-83 shootout in Provo and the first round win over SDSU a few days ago.

Baylor is 3-2 in March.

During the same period, CU is undefeated.

But what was pointed out to you is that teams are flocking AWAY from the Big XII, not to it. You've lost Mizzou, Nebraska, aTm and Colorado. You have "gained" West Virginia and TCU. By no method of accounting is that a gain. You might think you know how to use "it", but I hate to tell you - whoever told you that was faking.

BTW, you might want to think about this... your conference is currently being "led" by a man whose resume' includes leading the coaching search that brought Dan Hawkins to Colorado. But I'm sure nothing like that will happen during this assignment. Nope....

Aren't you fans at Baylor worried that Drew is dirty? There's a lot of smoke, and I (along with most college bball fans outside of Waco) think there is a fire. The resurrection of Baylor was a good story, but after awhile, Dennehy will be completely forgotten. The story will be less glamorous, and I wouldn't be surprised if the long laundry list of Drew's tactics to come to light. He will get no favoritism from the NCAA or his fellow coaches, as most people think he's a prick.

CU fans are enjoying our run right right. It's awesome, especially since my other team embarrassingly lost. I apologize if some it comes off as arrogant, but to be fair, we haven't won a first round game since '97. Let us have our fun. I recommend that you do the same. Enjoy this run right now you are having in athletics. Yes, your bball program does have more history, so it's not truly a short 15 minutes of fame. Still, the history isn't that great, and your football program is one amazing player (minor bowls in the 90s don't really count). I love RGIII - he made Baylor's program. He is gone. Your bball program is currently built on unethical practices. Drew will be gone. Don't get too full of yourselves - the crash will hurt only that much more. All you'll be left with is a solid academic institution but isn't close to where all you alums think it is...and Waco...and the crumbling big 12, where big bro Texas continues to molest you.

Baylor is good. I'm looking forward to the game. Jones is great, and I've liked Miller since HS...still surprised that Drew was able to out-slime Cal for him. But, Drew is not a great coach, and the other poster said it well, you are guys are long, not big. At times, I think you guys don't play to your potential. CU has been playing well above its potential in my opinion. I'll put money on a team that plays over their potential than one that under performs any day - ala Lehigh.

Last edited:
First off, I'm not high. I'm in the armed services in Afghanistan where that sort of thing is frowned upon.

Secondly, I made the penis joke, because the discussion we were indulging is sometimes referred to as "comparing dick sizes". My conference makes more money than yours, sort of banter.

As we extended the dick metaphor (so to speak) you suggested that more people flock to yours because you know how to use it better. In the world of metaphors we were still talking about conferences (or at least that's how it supposed to work--but you really were talking about dicks missing the subtext entirely). The implication of your statement (in a normal world) was that your conference was better, therefore teams were attracted to it.

Therefore, I responded in kind.

I'm quite aware of the posts I'm writing in this thread. But clearly I gave you far too much credit to keep up with the conversation. So you may call me an "idiotic poster" if you wish. But I assure you, any non-biased reader of this thread would conclude that such a title was misplaced in your post.

he's never gonna figure that one out wally...nice work!

Loudest cheer of this game: for CU's players walking down the stairs, across the baseline and up the tunnel. Yep, this is Coors South.

RT @MaxBroncos: CU fans just started singing the school fight song .. with 12:25 to go in the Wisconsin-Vanderbilt game.

From Andrew Mason

he's never gonna figure that one out wally...nice work!

Wainaminnit...Allbuffs has posters stationed in harms way, fighting in a foreign war for the freedoms enjoyed by red blooded Americans from Albuquerque to Boulder to Waco? Impossible because we're all busy taking bong rips.

Even if Wally is serving in the Armed Forces, there is no way any other members of this board are veterans or are currently serving our country at home or abroad.

What's next? Is somebody with religious and conservative convictions going to step up and dispel the myth that we are all liberal hippies with an agenda against Christians?

Heard Buffs fans singing the fight song during the Vandy-Wisconsin game. Love it.

Same here. Was driving with the game on and I could hear the CU fight song during the Vandy-Wiscy game. Freaking awesome! Go Buffs!

Back