What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #3 Baylor - March 17th, 6.40pm MT - NCAA Tournament 3rd Round Game Thread

Even though we were the "bottom feeder of the Big 12" for a while we still managed an all-time record against Colorado of 7-9, including beating you three of the last four meetings. No wonder you fled to the Pac 12.

No one wins football games with "minimal assistance" from a team, not even RGIII. That's just stupid to think, and stupider to say. However, we know exactly how good RGIII is--he's a once in a generation player. A combination of accuracy, strength speed, intelligence and leadership that doesn't come along very often anywhere. That's why he was able to win a Hesiman at a school that is not a traditional power. However, Baylor football is more than RGIII. A solid coaching staff and a new stadium in the near future make it a very attractive place for recruits. We're (still) in a major conference in the middle of a hotbed of football talent.

BTW, the NCAA hasn't stopped "sniffing into our basketball program," they just haven't smelled anything of note.

They will...it just won't be Dave Bliss obvious

And congrats to you on the best basketball season you ever had that ended tonight. :)
Good game, man. You guys earned the right to brag. As for us, we are pumped about the future. Not many Buff fans ever expected to get this far this year. But, for damn sure, we are on the rise. We have a great coach, a great fan base that is just now getting into basketball, great new facilities, and a helluva recruiting class. Oh, and we have support from the admin for the first time ever. Did you guys spring for travel and expenses for your students? We did. Not only to the NCAA, but to the PAC tourney.

Even though we were the "bottom feeder of the Big 12" for a while we still managed an all-time record against Colorado of 7-9, including beating you three of the last four meetings. No wonder you fled to the Pac 12.

No one wins football games with "minimal assistance" from a team, not even RGIII. That's just stupid to think, and stupider to say. However, we know exactly how good RGIII is--he's a once in a generation player. A combination of accuracy, strength speed, intelligence and leadership that doesn't come along very often anywhere. That's why he was able to win a Hesiman at a school that is not a traditional power. However, Baylor football is more than RGIII. A solid coaching staff and a new stadium in the near future make it a very attractive place for recruits. We're (still) in a major conference in the middle of a hotbed of football talent.

BTW, the NCAA hasn't stopped "sniffing into our basketball program," they just haven't smelled anything of note.

Bolded = Dan Hawkins. Enough Said.

To the point about RG3. RG3 didnt receive minimal assistance? Tell me who else will be drafted this year from Baylor? Maybe a WR and maybe a RB. I will give credit to Griffin he is a hell of a player. It is obvious the impact a once in a generation type player can. Example see Indianapolis Colts. Almost lost every game this season because they were missing one player. Those type of players exist. RG3 is one of those players.

NCAA probably has something (they wouldnt be continually sniffing around if the didnt) but they havent yet decided how to go about it.

Bolded = Dan Hawkins. Enough Said.

To the point about RG3. RG3 didnt receive minimal assistance? Tell me who else will be drafted this year from Baylor? Maybe a WR and maybe a RB. I will give credit to Griffin he is a hell of a player. It is obvious the impact a once in a generation type player can. Example see Indianapolis Colts. Almost lost every game this season because they were missing one player. Those type of players exist. RG3 is one of those players.

NCAA probably has something (they wouldnt be continually sniffing around if the didnt) but they havent yet decided how to go about it.

Dan Hawkins > Kevin Steele. Nuff said.

RGIII and the offense didn't get a lot of help from the defense, although it because a little more opportunistic as the season progressed. However, he had tons of "assistance" on offense. Yes, a couple of those guys will probably be drafted this year. However, no quarterback, not even RGIII can put up the kind of otherworldly numbers he did without a lot of assistance. You have to have time to throw, and guys who can catch it. We have capable quarterbacks in the wings (unlike the Colts), and a coach with a knack for developing talent at that position. Losing RGIII will means the offense will change, not implode.

Just keep thinking that about the NCAA if it makes you feel better.

Its not even the gloating I mind. Its the same **** we dealt with when leaving the Big 12. Its just ignorant and its ****ing annoying. Honestly if I had more time to sit around with my thumb up my ass and troll other teams boards and gloat a little after a big win I probably would. Its easy enough to say the better team won tonight, but what a hell of a game, you guys have a lot to look forward too. Its just ****ing classless to come on here and spew the **** that baylor fans have

Quit your whining. You want to talk "classless"? The only reason we're here now is the crap your fans were throwing up pre-game. Most of us have been pretty restrained in our responses. He's a sample of what you apparently consider acceptable.

**** Baylor. That statement has nothing to with the upcoming game, or my confidence in victory.

Just **** those lying, immoral, lying, murdering, covering-up, coach tuition-paying, lying ****ing Baptist ****s. **** them. **** that ****** little town they're from in that big, ****** flat ugly state. **** Baylor all day every day. Win or lose, **** Baylor. **** Buddy Jones, that lying ****, and **** that political pawn Kenneth Starr. **** the color green. **** their little plans to have a toilet seat looking stadium they can't even fill. **** their substandard academics. Christ almighty, I ****ing hate Baylor.

**** Baylor. Amen.

**** Baylor, lets beat their dirty whore ass lol.

Strengths:

Murder
Domestic Abuse
Libel and Slander
Copying Oregon's uniforms about two years too late

Weakness:

Honesty
Integrity
Living in a town that doesn't make you want to blow your brains out

Can we make them honorary Buffs and teach them the "You Can't Win at Altitude" and "PAC 12 Rejects" chants?
(and to hear the sad cries of classless when someone starts to chant "Big 12 Rejects!")

Don't you have a compound to burn somewhere?
(real "classy" making fun of the 80-plus kids killed by a madman out in the country near Waco)

GO **** yourself. **** Baylor. Your fanbase is the second most pathetic pieces of **** I've encountered next to CSWho fans. **** your murderer filled team and **** everything your school stands for. Your school is a classless piece of **** pathetic excuse for a school and covering that up with the bible doesn't do ****. People don't know who the **** Baylor is and your fans once again are ****ing pieces of ****. If Waco was nuked no one would give a **** and would actually cheer. Go fall in a ****ing bottomless pit with the rest of the piece of **** murders your "school" harbors.

Enjoy your off season.

I didn't read the thread but I just got home from an epic day.

Despite the loss, I'm proud of our fans and our players. We are building something and doing it the right way. To the fans there: you came through loud and true on the tv feed tonight. Thanks for making those of us who couldn't make it to the pit proud. And to the team.... That was one hell of a run. You will be remembered. Gutsy performance by the seniors. It's a new era. Go Buffs!

Funny how you think a chant mocking your opponent's dreams of chanting "Pac 12 rejects" needs to make sense.

Oh, and Heslip just drained another three!

I'm not sure I understand your first sentence, but I believe you're suggesting "Pac 12 rejects" doesn't make sense as a chant. But the point is, Baylor made bid for the Pacific Conference in a moment of panicked self-survival, and that bid failed. That they landed back in the Big XII is irrelevant. The chant makes perfect sense to me.

Tell Heslip to take a break. The game is over.

I didn't read the thread but I just got home from an epic day.

Despite the loss, I'm proud of our fans and our players. We are building something and doing it the right way. To the fans there: you came through loud and true on the tv feed tonight. Thanks for making those of us who couldn't make it to the pit proud. And to the team.... That was one hell of a run. You will be remembered. Gutsy performance by the seniors. It's a new era. Go Buffs!

I have never been prouder to be a CU alum. The way our fans showed up for our team, the way the team competed and the way that the University was reflected during this run was unbelievable. I am so grateful to the team for giving me a chance to experience the NCAA tournament first hand for the first time in my life, and I hope the Buffs can get back here again!

I'm not sure I understand your first sentence, but I believe you're suggesting "Pac 12 rejects" doesn't make sense as a chant. But the point is, Baylor made bid for the Pacific Conference in a moment of panicked self-survival, and that bid failed. That they landed back in the Big XII is irrelevant. The chant makes perfect sense to me.

Tell Heslip to take a break. The game is over.

You don't understand my first sentence. The reason that you heard the "Big 12 Rejects" chant is that Colorado fans were planning to chant "Pac 12 rejects." While the "Big 12 Rejects" chant wouldn't really apply to CU, since they left (although I must say I doubt if the Big 12 would take them back now), it doesn't have to make sense because it was just mocking CU's fans for thinking they'd have the opportunity to use their little chant.

You don't understand my first sentence. The reason that you heard the "Big 12 Rejects" chant is that Colorado fans were planning to chant "Pac 12 rejects." While the "Big 12 Rejects" chant wouldn't really apply to CU, since they left (although I must say I doubt if the Big 12 would take them back now), it doesn't have to make sense because it was just mocking CU's fans for thinking they'd have the opportunity to use their little chant.

Ooooh, I see. Wait a minute. I don't.

I'm not convinced you know what "rejected" means.

Quit your whining. You want to talk "classless"? The only reason we're here now is the crap your fans were throwing up pre-game. Most of us have been pretty restrained in our responses. He's a sample of what you apparently consider acceptable.

(and to hear the sad cries of classless when someone starts to chant "Big 12 Rejects!")

(real "classy" making fun of the 80-plus kids killed by a madman out in the country near Waco)

Enjoy your off season.
burn mother ****er burn

[video=youtube;6xJW7foStBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xJW7foStBY[/video]

Last edited:

That's your reason? You guys are more pathetic than once thought.

" While the "Big 12 Rejects" chant wouldn't really apply to CU, since they left (although I must say I doubt if the Big 12 would take them back now),.

Please, please. let us go back to a confrence with a smaller payout, a smaller combined television market, crappy confrence leadership beholden to the whims of one school and some of the least attractive away game trips in college football. Those roadies fall off sharp after Austin.

Ok, fine we will just have to make due with more money, innovative leadership, an egalitarian attitude among peer institutions and a travel agent's dream of travel possibilities. somehow we will survive.

I've had a night to stew on our game and the ensuing smack talk between fan bases.

I learned a little something from the experience.
4b2008ca-19d5-0516.jpg

(calm down Baylor fans, just rationalize this as Haslip calling CU assholes. We admit that we are.)

I'm proud of the CU basketball team. A #11 tournament team losing to a #3 seed is not out of the ordinary. Boyle and the CU Buffs basketball team overachieved all the way to round two. Getting this far was much more than anyone predicted at the end of February.

I'm not proud of the content on Allbuffs. Yes, we as a fan base have some unresolved Baylor issues. If you are going to talk smack, you got to back it up. We brought the smack. We got bounced from the tournament by Baylor.

It is little consolation that Baylorfans stooped to our level of immaturity and hatred. We baited them with our venom. They responded in kind. They were seeking to settle a score that we instigated. I understand why we banned them. Nobody around here wanted to stew in Baylor filth last night. But banning is a cowards way out. We called them out and then hid behind the ban stick. You can't expect Baylor fans to sit idle after we throw every piece of garbage in our arsenal at them. If you want to dance, you got to pay the fiddler.

Both groups came off looking more than a little "Aggie" last night.

It's a good thing that both schools return to our respective conferences. CU rejects the Big 12. Baylor rejects the Pac 12. This re-alignment all works out in the end. Our fanbases are not compatible. We don't see things eye to eye. We brought out the worst in each other. We are happy to leave. They are happy to see us go.

Somewhere, down the road our paths will cross again, the culture clash will be renewed, and old scores will again need to be settled.

Until then, I'm going to take a liberal buffalo sized bong rip and take solace in our fortune that we no longer share a conference with those guys. Baylor fans can thump their chests and enjoy their program on the way up.

They have every reason gloat and pretend we are angry, ill tempered and irrelevant until we take back the scoreboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a night to stew on our game last night and the ensuing smack talk between fan bases.

4b2008ca-19d5-0516.jpg

(calm down Baylor fans, just rationalize this as Haslip calling CU assholes. We admit that we are.)

I'm proud of the CU basketball team. A #11 tournament team losing to a #3 seed is not out of the ordinary. Boyle and the CU Buffs basketball team overachieved all the way to round two. Getting this far was much more than anyone predicted at the end of February.

I'm not proud of the content on Allbuffs. Yes, we as a fan base have some unresolved Baylor issues. If you are going to talk smack, you got to back it up. We brought the smack. We got bounced from the tournament by Baylor.

It is little consolation that Baylorfans stooped to our level of immaturity and hatred. We baited them with our venom. They responded in kind. They were seeking to settle a score that we instigated. I understand why we banned them. Nobody around here wanted to stew in Baylor filth last night. But banning is a cowards way out. We called them out and then hid behind the ban stick. You can't expect Baylor fans to sit idle after we throw every piece of garbage in our arsenal at them. If you want to dance, you got to pay the fiddler.

Both groups came off looking more than a little "Aggie" last night.

It's a good thing that both schools return to our respective conferences. CU rejects the Big 12. Baylor rejects the Pac 12. This re-alignment all works out in the end. Our fanbases are not compatible. We don't see things eye to eye. We brought out the worst in each other. We are happy to leave. They are happy to see us go.

Somewhere, down the road our paths will cross again, the culture clash will be renewed, and old scores will again need to be settled.

Until then, I'm going to take a liberal buffalo sized bong rip and take solace in our fortune that we no longer share a conference with those guys. Baylor fans can thump their chests and enjoy their program on the way up.

They have every reason gloat and pretend we are angry, ill tempered and irrelevant until we take back the scoreboard.

You serious here Clark?

We were absolutely venemous toward Baylor before this game. And where it spilled off of the board, it deserved to be punished. But there is a reason we're angry at Baylor, and it's a valid one. And you pointed it out just last night--not one of those sanctimonious pricks has acknowledged that lying about another institution to further your own school's goals is wrong.

You know as well as I do, that the second a Baylor fan says, "I see why you're angry about that" we call off the dogs and we're cool. Instead we get, "You should know how powerful Buddy is...". Really? He lied. It's really all I need to know.

If you're coming to our board after what happened, don't expect to be welcomed. I don't understand why folks go to other fans' board anyway. That's something that has never occurred to me.

You and I are normally lockstep and these things Skiddy, but we depart here. Before the game I stated, win or lose, **** Baylor. I meant it. We lost--and it's not the loss that really hurts...it's the loss to Baylor--but **** them anyway. **** them all day everyday. Were they simply responding to our angry posts? Yes. Am I ashamed? Nope.

**** Baylor.

Please, please. let us go back to a confrence with a smaller payout, a smaller combined television market, crappy confrence leadership beholden to the whims of one school and some of the least attractive away game trips in college football. Those roadies fall off sharp after Austin.

Ok, fine we will just have to make due with more money, innovative leadership, an egalitarian attitude among peer institutions and a travel agent's dream of travel possibilities. somehow we will survive.

OH SNAP!

294168009_b25decaddf.jpg

Listen, Wally. I do hate losing and I REALLY hate losing to Baylor after the Buddy Jones episode. His actions are reprehensible, and you are absolutely right that the lawschool faction of Baylor sees nothing wrong with what their school administration does. (Maybe there is a meek soul in their seminary who isn't as enthralled with how Baylor conducts itself, but that faction isn't going to come out of the woodwork here.)

AND it really chaps my ass that a Kenneth Starr led Baylor does more to put their athletic department in a position to succeed than does Bruce Benson.

Baylor is ascending in football and is legit in basketball.

CU is digging itself out of a Hawkins sized hole. Tad shows potential in Basketball, and things are getting better. But the fact reamains that CU lost to Baylor, which has absolutely nothing to do with the shinnanagans of Buddy Jones.

I'm of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right. Our venom is not missplaced. But the manner in which it was expressed does us no favors.

Listen, the smack talk is now a part of the college sports landscape. We brought forth every truth, half-truth and unsubstantiated rumor we could muster. It was (is) cathartic to get all of Baylor's dirty laundary out for Baylor to see.

But the best revenge of all would have been to back that smack up with a CU victory and restore the natural order of the universe.

We lost, which doesn't change any of the words and deeds made by Kenneth Starr and Buddy Jones.

But lets call a spade a spade. Comments on both Allbuffs and Baylorfans is full of fail. I call it like I see it.

The next order of business is to get Tad Boyle a nice pair of golden handcuffs. I look forward to the next opportunity for CU to shine under the bright lights of postseason play.

As for losing to Baylor...I'm over it. We'll see them again when we see them. Then we'll do it all again.

I've had a night to stew on our game and the ensuing smack talk between fan bases.

4b2008ca-19d5-0516.jpg

You know what the cowards way out is? It is waiting until your team wins, THEN talking smack. You'll note that the guys who were here before the game (both of them) weren't banned. IF any Bailer fans had had the courage to speak up when CU was leading in the second half, I might have cut them some slack. But to wait until the game is over, then come running in to talk smack? Weak. And when that smack consists of gems like "suck my dick CU"? That's gonna get you banned anywhere.

I could also point out that Bailerfans (which I hear has wonderful John Deere and Massey Ferguson forums) was banning CU fans before the game for less than was said here afterwards. But that would imply that we hold ourselves to the standard of being equal to them. And we all know this forum is much, much better... :smile2:

EDIT: I guess we did end up banning one of the guys that came in before the game when he got a little too trollish last night. But those guys did earn a little more slack from us than the cowards that hid on their ****** board until they won the game...

Come on this is a cu board. I dont want to come here and read 10 threads started by baylor fans asking us to suck their **** there were two or so good posts before the game and zero after. **** baylor ban their fans if they act like morons

Skiddy, when a guy signs up here with the username "suckmyass" I take the liberty to can his ass w/o any further questions as I guess the odds on him ever contributing anything to this board which might be considered worthwhile are longer than those of Missouri winning the 2012 NCAA Tourney.

Listen, Wally. I do hate losing and I REALLY hate losing to Baylor after the Buddy Jones episode. His actions are reprehensible, and you are absolutely right that the lawschool faction of Baylor sees nothing wrong with what their school administration does. (Maybe there is a meek soul in their seminary who isn't as enthralled with how Baylor conducts itself, but that faction isn't going to come out of the woodwork here.)

AND it really chaps my ass that a Kenneth Starr led Baylor does more to put their athletic department in a position to succeed than does Bruce Benson.

Baylor is ascending in football and is legit in basketball.

CU is digging itself out of a Hawkins sized hole. Tad shows potential in Basketball, and things are getting better. But the fact reamains that CU lost to Baylor, which has absolutely nothing to do with the shinnanagans of Buddy Jones.

I'm of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right. Our venom is not missplaced. But the manner in which it was expressed does us no favors.

Listen, the smack talk is now a part of the college sports landscape. We brought forth every truth, half-truth and unsubstantiated rumor we could muster. It was (is) cathartic to get all of Baylor's dirty laundary out for Baylor to see.

But the best revenge of all would have been to back that smack up with a CU victory and restore the natural order of the universe.

We lost, which doesn't change any of the words and deeds made by Kenneth Starr and Buddy Jones.

But lets call a spade a spade. Comments on both Allbuffs and Baylorfans is full of fail. I call it like I see it.

The next order of business is to get Tad Boyle a nice pair of golden handcuffs. I look forward to the next opportunity for CU to shine under the bright lights of postseason play.

As for losing to Baylor...I'm over it. We'll see them again when we see them. Then we'll do it all again.

All that is well and good Skidy but you miss the point. **** baylor.

All that is well and good Skidy but you miss the point. **** baylor.

I don't know. This Baylor spat was kind of like going to a five year high school reunion after you graduated from CU Boulder and have a decent job while the majority of your highschool class mates are juggling community college courses and working dead-end service jobs.

The old high-school spats are just silly when you pause to consider you no longer live in that crappy go-no-where neighborhood and no longer care about the BS drama back in the hood.

We've moved up to the Pac 12, baby. We spent a blissful season in picturesque settings far, far from the I-35 corridor and down rent locations from Ames to Waco. Hmmm. Staples Center in LA or Sprint Center in Kansas City? No contest. No way the C-Unit earns so much praise in the old neighborhood. We might have lost a game, but we won the friggin conferencepalooza lottery. And we did it without our school administrators acting like dooshbags.

This weekend has me counting our blessings that we will soon be awash in Larry Scott dollars, and that the boys back in the hood still stink of longhorn and I35 corridor bull****. May Baylor and the big 12-2-2+1+1 keep DeLoss Dodd and Bill Powers happy forever. TCU can have our bong. West Virginia can kick our hackysack and burn our ghetto couch.

You can take this Buff out of the Big 12 AND take the Big 12 out of this Buff. Been there. Not going back.

I'm not mad, bro. We got what we wanted, except for the part of being on the giving end of one last grudge ****.

Back