What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #6 UNLV - March 15th, 8pm MT - NCAA Tournament 2nd Round Game Thread

These notes have probably been made, but it is a long friggin thread:

1. So proud of Dre's free throw shooting tonight. He truly stepped up at the line. We don't win if he misses a few of those.

2. Also proud of our fans. On TV, you could hear the fight song very clearly. However, we may want to stop cheering it when we're trying to break a full-court press. My good UNLV fan friend who has been with me to several CU-CSU football games mentioned on Facebook that if the Rebs had to lose, he is glad they lost to a team with a great fight song and fans who know how to sing it.

3. The number of offensive foul calls was absolutely atrocious, going both ways.

4. The announcers sucked balls. UNLV had an advantage playing at the Pit, because they were accustomed to playing at altitude. Did you know that? ****, neither did I.

5. If we could learn how to close out a game, it would keep me from dying of a heart attack before 30.

Lastly, this is so awesome. Last time we made it this far, I was 14 and remember listening to the UNC loss in my Dad's hatchback Honda. The best part is this can keep going. We're going to miss Carlon, Nate and Austin, but the future looks bright.

Announcers completely sucked. Before the game, they talked about how this was a game of contrasts. UNLV will run at every opportunity and CU wants to run it's half court offense. HUH? This was right after they absolutely mangled pronouncing Spencer Dinwiddie's name.

What are the CU and UW sections?

WTF?!? :huh:

EDIT: Oh sorry ... I forgot you are a Badger ... around here UW means Washington now that we're in the Pac 12.

Re your question ... I have no idea. Again ... contact the AD.

Last edited:
just ghot ho,me fgrom, blamke st... bombed exausted ecstatic pissede fired up... who the fucvk can explain to me how we blew that leadf...ill be coherrant in the morning BUFFS WIN!!

CU is in the midst of their second longest winning streak of the season. Longest streak is 6 and we have now won 5 in a row against some of the best competition we have played all season! I would say Tad has the Buffs playing their best when it counts. Exactly how it's supposed to be done.

ROLL TAD!!!

5 wins in a row away from home (I love Coors Events Center: West and Coors Events Center: South) but holy ****. We can stop the "can't win away from home" talk immediately.

What are the CU and UW sections?

The way they did these regional sites confuses the hell out of me. CU's playing in Albuquerque to make the Sweet 16 in the South Region. So is Wisconsin to make the Sweet 16 from the East Region. That's ****ing stupid.

Any of you guys get there early enough to see where the Wiscy fans were sitting? Help jc out.

Wow wow wow wow wow! That was the most fun I have ever had until I almost had a heart attack at the end. I think when Austin hit that second 3 to put us up 19 was louder than I have ever even heard a sold out CEC.

That game was sooo sick!

We went over to Kellys and had some lunch/dinner and a few drinks. Then took the free shuttles over to the stadium. So me and my buddy are walking in with the CU flag and State of Colorado flag around our shoulders and the security wouldnt let us in. They said there was a no flag policy. I laughed at them then walked out. Mrs Boyle was right there with her daughter and asked what was wrong and we told her and right away she took our flags and snuck them in the bottom of her purse and got em in.

Anyways we get to the Pit with about 10 min left in the Baylor SDSU game and me and my buddies seats were in sec V and the C-Unit was in W so we just went over with them. First off the Pit is sooooo cool. There is nothing like that place. Just dug deep down into the ground and so loud!

The C-Unit started filling in and we got a few fight songs and Buffalo chants going. The place just froze with an "Oh **** CU is here" look.

We started all cheering on SDSU and rooting for the underdogs along with almost everyone in the building besides the 17 Baylor fans (Yes they actually were close to 17)

Then finally the game was underway and the Buffs fans took over that place. I would say most of the UNM and SDSU fans were cheering for CU (until UNLV made their comeback) - they just wanted a good game. Then towards the end our section cleared out and the CUNIT moved down to right behind the band to finish off the game and celebrate. Nothing like singing the fight song and alma mater in CEC South! (Security got real frantic thinking we were going to rush the court but we re-assured them that wasnt going to happen)

Carlon came over after the game and showed his true appreciation to all the fans. Then finally security told us to head on out and we took the party up to the concourse and outside.

As we were leaving a Montana journalist gave me his all access pass for Saturday so I just got to find one more ticket and somewhere to crash tomorrow night.

Lol Andy Katz thought we were going to rush too.
"@ESPNAndyKatz No NCAA storming allowed. Strong security presence to keep fans off the floor as they chant "We want Baylor." Quite a win for CU/Boyle/Pac"

Katz expands
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...54082/buffs-keep-rolling-set-sights-on-baylor
The Pac-12 has been rightfully beaten down throughout the season. Washington, the regular-season champ, didn’t even get a bid. Cal didn’t put up much of a fight against a middling South Florida in a First Four game in Dayton, Ohio, adding even more insult to the league’s off-year.

But if an underdog or Cinderella can still come from a BCS league (in football terminology), then Colorado fits the description.

This simply shouldn’t be happening. But it is.

The Buffs, picked to finish 11th in the league to start the season, won the Pac-12 tournament with four wins in four days and have moved into the third round of the NCAAs after holding on to beat No. 6 seed UNLV 68-60 Thursday night at the Pit.

Maybe even more surprising than the score and the Buffs moving on is how much they have become a hoops haven.

The Colorado crowd was by far the most boisterous of any of the eight teams in attendance. The raw euphoria from fans young and old had the security at the Pit sprinting out in anticipation that Buffs backers might actually storm the court. A number of fans, who were a part of an impressive CU contingent of about 2,500, had started to move down to the lower level, gathering right above the band in what looked like a precursor to a storm.

But this is the NCAA tournament, where storming is as forbidden as taking a Coke can onto the floor without an approved plastic cup cover.

2500? I love you and all Pat Forde, but suck it! Noice!

Also, you can't really blame security for being concerned that we might rush the court. We rush the field at Folsom after every football victory against any scrub (which I heartily endorse) and probably accidentally in drunken confusion after a few losses too.

How many in your party Tempe? I may have some space if you don't mind the floor.

2500? I love you and all Pat Forde, but suck it! Noice!

Also, you can't really blame security for being concerned that we might rush the court. We rush the field at Folsom after every football victory against any scrub (which I heartily endorse) and probably accidentally in drunken confusion after a few losses too.

They did the same thing at Staples. We were actually considering it there though.

GO BUFFS!!!

If I'm not mistaken, the ghost of Blackjack Pershing makes an appearance in the background of Photo #6.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Close ... but can't confirm because I don't believe I've ever seen a picture of Blackjack without his "cover" on.

My reflections:

-The Buffs looked amazing most of the game, but go into a different mode when they have a solid lead. If they play like they did the rest of the game they run away with it. Same thing happened with Arizona, and I don't know how to correct it exactly. The other team starts to press more and play with urgency, but the Buffs needed to somehow balance taking their time and drawing down the clock while keeping up the same attitude/approach towards attacking the rim and taking the good shots they had in the early part of the game.

-Team needs to figure out the inbound passes. Come on. Without those turnovers UNLV never gets back into the game the way they did...in less than three minutes. I think they'll address this tomorrow. Also, why weren't they trying to take the same approachlater on rather than one that is more reactive than disruptive.

-Ski got on a hot run, and it was AWESOME, but when he started getting careless a few times in a row (first half) I think you need to sit him down for a second to regain focused. But I like the extra time he got tonight.

-Finally, I don't know much about Baylor, but I know they are considered a pretty great team and we are underdogs. If we play our "Colorado" game with good D, and press hard for 40 minutes then we got this.

The past week and a half has been a ridiculous ride and the team has done more than ANYONE (even in AllBuffs) could have proposed, guessed, or even thought possible. It is these times in sports when you are on the rise and everyone counts you out yet you beat the odds, that are the best times a true fan can ask for. So bask in the glory, have fun, and get ready to beat the **** out of those bright yellow ugly Baylor mother****ers.

Wake up and find that our beloved Buffs are shocking the world again! Way to go Buffs and Fans! Great win and now we get a shot at the dirty babtists

Back