What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NC RB Rashad Hall (Signed to Colorado - DNQ)

If he's typical of this class, he'll have six or seven stars by Tuesday.

:smile2:

I know, right? I don't know whether we're just doing one hell of a job discovering people or it's the fabled "BCS offer or commitment = ratings bump" we bitch about with the recruiting services.

Like I've said, once you get past the elite prospects it's all about trusting yourself when you watch the film and trusting the coaches who are recruiting the kids. I've liked what I've seen from everyone in this class. And the 3 commits we got from guys rated 2* on Rivals were all discovered and targeted by Bieniemy, a man I respect like no other when it comes to recruiting. I could care less about the stars other than how it reflects well on the program if they've got a lot of them.

Seems like the staff is looking for guys with good athleticism who can run. Makes sense this late in the cycle -- find players who've played multiple positions, who have really good speed, and let the positions be worked out when they get here.

Hope this young man can make CU's Hall of fame.

Welcome to Boulder!

If the reported offer list is even 1/2 right this kid is respected. Cal, Oregon (yes that Oregon that was in the NC game), Washington.

If our coaches are wrong then some other seriously good coaches are also.

This kid looks like a late bloomer but the real deal.

I also like the idea that with all these guys on our list the team is getting much more athletic overall. These aren't just "effort" guys, these are guys who can run and hit amd move.

Considering that Embree and staff have had only a few weeks I am very happy. It looks like the kids are recognizing that these guys know what they are doing and want to be a part of it.

Welcome to the new CU Buffs Rashad. . .

Odd, I didn't read this whole thread but it seems odd that ALL his offers are from the west coast and he is from North Carolina. Was he from the west? And even so, why no eastern offers. Not putting this guy down, he had some good offers out west but just odd.

Welcome Rashad! Go Buffs. Let's hope you're the next big thing at RB for CU. Someone has to step up after Speedy's absence

from his tape, he reminds me of darrell scott, before he got fat. run's tall, upright, and seems to be patient. not the shiftiest guy in the world, but his strength overcomes that.

Welcome aboard Rashad. Looks like the coaches are adding good athletes with speed. I like that and know we need to get faster to compete at a higher level. Great looking kid and welcome to the BnG!

Rashad Hall

He was getting a lot of attention from some big name east coast schools his junior year. The kid ran a 4.34 at a combine and that's when he hit the map, he's a big kid that can flat out run as the tape shows, to see his complete junior year tape go to dailymotion.com/jfrback30. He wasn't a late bloomer just wasn't in a place at Jefferson Forest that was looking to put him into a good school from what I know. The buffz are gettin a steal of a player in this kid. He will make a big name for himself here, I see him either as a WR or a RB but he will make noise in the pac-12.

He was getting a lot of attention from some big name east coast schools his junior year. The kid ran a 4.34 at a combine and that's when he hit the map, he's a big kid that can flat out run as the tape shows, to see his complete junior year tape go to dailymotion.com/jfrback30. He wasn't a late bloomer just wasn't in a place at Jefferson Forest that was looking to put him into a good school from what I know. The buffz are gettin a steal of a player in this kid. He will make a big name for himself here, I see him either as a WR or a RB but he will make noise in the pac-12.

I like this.

I'm starting to think that this kid could be the star of our class. He's got size, speed and appears to have great vision. To me he appears to be a more dedicated Daryl Scott..this could be a HUGE sleeper for us. I'm loving the talent evaluation right now from this staff.

He certainly has the look of a future star...

Welcome Mr. Hall! We're so stoked you chose Boulder.

As a Virginia native I'm very excited to have Rashad on the team! First Virginia player to ever sign with CU according to Ringo. He's a Forest, VA native and switched to a school down the road in NC to get more exposure.

Edit: Rashad's old high school, Jefferson Forest, has produced some big time college football stars. Anthony Poindexter was a two time All-American Safety for Virginia in the late 1990s and tragically had a severe injury in his Senior year which crushed NFL hopes after a stint with the Ravens. He now coaches at UVA. Jake Grove was a great Center for Virginia Tech in the early 00s who went on to the Dolphins and Raiders

Last edited:
As a Virginia native I'm very excited to have Rashad on the team! First Virginia player to ever sign with CU according to Ringo. He's a Forest, VA native and switched to a school down the road in NC to get more exposure.

Edit: Rashad's old high school, Jefferson Forest, has produced some big time college football stars. Anthony Poindexter was a two time All-American Safety for Virginia in the late 1990s and tragically had a severe injury in his Senior year which crushed NFL hopes after a stint with the Ravens. He now coaches at UVA. Jake Grove was a great Center for Virginia Tech in the early 00s who went on to the Dolphins and Raiders

Where in Virginny do you hail from?

Can't wait for Speedy and Hall to make a back field that will make our running game the best in the PAC! Welcome to the Buffs young man!

I was watching that game when Poindexter was injured. What a horrible looking injury.

I was actually blessed with the opportunity of working with Rashad his Jr. year At Jefferson Forest. I graduated there in 2007 and helped out with football the past 2 seasons as an assistant to the athletic trainer. The kid is a phenomenal athlete and a great kid with great character. I'm only about 3 or 4 years older then him and from the first time i met him he always has said yes sir and no sir very respectable kid with great manors. and the year that i worked with him he was in no trouble off the field or in school. never a kid that would lose his cool and jaw off with opposing teams or anything like that.

On the field he his a great athlete super fast and explosive. More importantly the kid is durable!!! With the help of a good O line Rashad basically carried our offense. Im not sure how many carries he had a game but it was a lot and i worked in the training room the whole season we never seen rashad for so much as a cut.

Im super excited to see him doing something with his talent and hoping him and Colorado the best of luck!!!!

Back